• One Concern

#22924  by apaladin
 Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:53 pm
Like I said I really enjoyed the game tonight. It was definitely a good start. My concern is the ticket pricing or inconsistency of the prices. On ticketmaster reserved prices were $20 but they were really almost $34 when you add their handling chatge. I went to the Well last week and purchased 2 tickets for friends for $15 plus $3, so $18 each which is more reasnable but still a little expensive. Then tonight at the box office they were charging $20 plus $7 handling so $27 for a reserved seat. They also charge for anyone 2 years or older which is not the case at FU. General admission was $12 plus $7 for a total of $19. I know 2 adults and a 3 year old who paid $57 for 3 GA tickets. If they had bought reserve tickets it would have been $81. That is not good. When I got to the game tonight there were about 20 people in line at the ticket office. I wonder how many left when they found out much it was going to cost them? The BSWA used to not charge handling fees when you bought tickets at the boxoffice but apparently that is no longer the case. IMHO in order to grow this thing the way we all want, Furman needs to get a handle on the ticket prices and make them more affordable. Loved being there tonight and looking forward to Jan. 11th.
Last edited by apaladin on Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
 #22925  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:15 am
I agree it is extremely odd to see the same ticket come to multiple different prices
 #22968  by apaladin
 Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:22 pm
Well, since Dungeon is the only other person that seems to be concerned I guess everyone thinks we can grow this thing by charging outrageous prices. :o
 #22970  by CharlieFU
 Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:26 pm
Ok, I will take the bait.

$20 is more than reasonable for such a game. There ought to be a way to buy tickets without so much in service fees.

Parking was as little as 6$ or free if you looked hard enough

These are the facts of life if we want to grow the program. I guess we Better get used to it.
gman liked this
 #22971  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:33 pm
CharlieFU wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:26 pm
Ok, I will take the bait.

$20 is more than reasonable for such a game. There ought to be a way to buy tickets without so much in service fees.

Parking was as little as 6$ or free if you looked hard enough

These are the facts of life if we want to grow the program. I guess we Better get used to it.

I think his main point is the $34 for a reserved ticket after all the fees, can't really expect to get many new fans at that price, if we were playing Wofford or a P5 team then its all good, but at that price after the fees and playing a 4-6 Winthrop team who travels with zero fans its just kinda hard to get many new faces to come out
 #22980  by Paul C
 Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:47 pm
Y’all must not buy tickets to much else....
 #22981  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:59 pm
Paul C wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:47 pm
Y’all must not buy tickets to much else....
Again Paul we are not talking about ourselves, we are talking about what will entice some new recruits to the fan base :D
Also I do know from experience it can be dirt cheap these days to get tickets to NBA games (albeit resale tickets)

Recent Topics

User avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by FUTex

Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:26 am

User avatar THE NEW SEASON

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:57 pm

User avatar Bothwell

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:46 pm

User avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:31 pm

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:35 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.