• Player "thank-a-thon"

#1989  by Jasper
 Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:36 pm
I had a very nice talk with Andrew Brown yesterday during the men's BB team thank you calls to donors. Andrew is one of my favorite players and he turns out to also be a great kid. I was delighted to hear that he is fully recovered from his awful health scare and is working out with the team. He said he lost a lot of weight and some tone but fully expects to be at full strength by the time the season roles around. Andrew has a very upbeat attitude for himself and the team for next year. Although I was not able to get any names, he said several of the freshman are looking very good in the early scrimmages and he expects they will see lots of playing time. That's great to hear being that we lost a lot to graduation. These telephone calls to Paladin Club members, etc. is a very good idea IMO. It's things like this that separate Furman from the rest and make it easy to support a bunch of talented and true student/athletes. I might even turn the piggy bank upside down and see what falls out. ;)
furman88, fufanatic, FU69 and 2 others liked this
 #2036  by fufanatic
 Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:40 am
I was bummed that I missed the call but got a nice voicemail from Jalen Williams. That's great that the team does that. It's certainly appreciated on my end.
dornb, FU69, Fessor and 1 others liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.