• Put up or Shut up

#14446  by Affirm
 Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:31 am
Top25 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:58 pm
that would b amazing news. If BR can pull that off, forget about coaching bball, he should be a commish somewhere. Now to the plans, hate to be a Debbie doubter but …

there were plans to
1. build a new track facility
2. build a baseball press box
3. build a new golf complex
4. build a lax facility
5. expand the tennis facility

and all that put together was a lot less than 12M. I hope its true just sayin....
It would not be BR making that happen. It would be the president and/or some sports-minded Board members and/or some well-to-do Furman supporters beyond the administration. It may have been BR (or MB) who successfully requested it however.
 #14448  by CharlieFU
 Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:35 am
:P
affirm wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:31 am
Top25 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:58 pm
that would b amazing news. If BR can pull that off, forget about coaching bball, he should be a commish somewhere. Now to the plans, hate to be a Debbie doubter but

there were plans to
1. build a new track facility
2. build a baseball press box
3. build a new golf complex
4. build a lax facility
5. expand the tennis facility

and all that put together was a lot less than 12M. I hope its true just sayin....
It would not be BR making that happen. It would be the president and/or some sports-minded Board members and/or some well-to-do Furman supporters beyond the administration. It may have been BR (or MB) who successfully requested it however.
Coach Richey doesn’t just request stuff. He makes things happen. No, he can’t do it all and he needs help from both admin and athletic Dept leadership. BUT there have been significant changes made directly related to the relationships Bob has developed with potential donors. He is pushing the school I’m sure but more importantly he is leading.
 #14466  by Top25
 Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:02 pm
gman wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:05 am
Assuming this thread is still about basketball, I’m hearing plans have been approved for a new practice facility and for improvements to Timmons. All that’s needed now is $12,000,000 to get the work done.
well if meant to get a rise it worked. Not cool to post something like this and then not confirmed. After 30 years fans are yearning for some hope and after this last season there's hope that its possible. Its like hyping up the kids before Christmas and then no presents on Christmas day :(
 #14467  by Affirm
 Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:00 pm
Top25 wrote:
gman wrote:
Assuming this thread is still about basketball, I’m hearing plans have been approved for a new practice facility and for improvements to Timmons. All that’s needed now is $12,000,000 to get the work done.
well if meant to get a rise it worked. Not cool to post something like this and then not confirmed. After 30 years fans are yearning for some hope and after this last season there's hope that its possible. Its like hyping up the kids before Christmas and then no presents on Christmas day :(
After 30 years? Does that refer to the 22 years since Timmons opened or 40 years since our last NCAA tournament or 31 years since our last FCS championship or something else?
 #14468  by Top25
 Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:29 am
affirm wrote:
Top25 wrote:
gman wrote:
After 30 years? Does that refer to the 22 years since Timmons opened or 40 years since our last NCAA tournament or 31 years since our last FCS championship or something else?
Fair question.. its 30 years after the initial 10 years. The 1st 10 years is within the normal waiting period. After 10 years "real" yearning starts. Its Fan math. :)
 #14470  by Affirm
 Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:15 am
Top25 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:29 am
affirm wrote:
Top25 wrote:
gman wrote:
Fair question.. its 30 years after the initial 10 years. The 1st 10 years is within the normal waiting period. After 10 years "real" yearning starts. Its Fan math. :)
Got it.
However, I would say 10 years is a little too long for the initial waiting period. I’m OK we we round it up to 10 years!