• All conference and awards

#11457  by fufanatic
 Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:40 pm
Couple of thoughts:

- I would love to see the vote breakdown between Magee and Rafferty. I would have to think someone would have voted for MR.

- Shows you how good the league has gotten that both Sharkey and Parham are second team. I would take those guys on my team any day of the week.

- I fully expect to see Lyons, Mounce and Gurley on the 1st or 2nd team next year, while Hunter could certainly be in contention too.
FU03times, QCGlue and 1 others liked this
 #11461  by Fessor
 Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:12 pm
A handful of thoughts:

Both are guys that contributed from Day One as freshman; too bad the award couldn't be shared. I'd take our guy, though.
furman88 and 1 others liked this
 #11463  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:35 pm
PaladinPower wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:15 pm
Rafferty at the very least deserved DPOY. He has nearly as many steals as Isaiah Miller, with way more rebounds and blocks. How are we not going to reward the whole body of work?

I would also argue Rafferty's steals are much tougher to come by despite collecting nearly as many, Miller spends 75% of the game spear heading a press defense that is designed for him to collect steals
FU03times liked this
 #11464  by fufanatic
 Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:11 pm
PaladinPower wrote:
Rafferty at the very least deserved DPOY. He has nearly as many steals as Isaiah Miller, with way more rebounds and blocks. How are we not going to reward the whole body of work?
What an absolute travesty. All I can hope for is that this fires up Furman even more and Matt has 20 and 15 every single game in Asheville. Or how about a quadruple-double. That would be fun.
QCGlue, dornb liked this
 #11465  by soconjohn
 Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:30 pm
All these awards are is politics...Example...No one here thinks James Dickey is a third-team All-SoCon player...It's stupid...If someone knows how to look at stats, they know who the best defender in the conference is...I know why Magee won POY...The Most Valuable Player is usually always a team award...I get that..I don't have a problem with Magee winning the award because he is a good player chasing records, but I mean, the fact that Matt Rafferty didn't get co POY or DPOY is crazy...You can't really tell all those coaches thought Isaiah Miller was a better defensive player than Rafferty...If they did, then maybe I would make a better coach than I previously thought.
FU03times, QCGlue liked this
 #11466  by CharlieFU
 Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:43 pm
fufanatic wrote:
PaladinPower wrote:
What an absolute travesty. All I can hope for is that this fires up Furman even more and Matt has 20 and 15 every single game in Asheville. Or how about a quadruple-double. That would be fun.
If he wins tournament MVP...I will be quite satisfied!
gman, fufanatic, QCGlue and 1 others liked this
 #11467  by gman
 Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:55 pm
CharlieFU wrote:
fufanatic wrote:
PaladinPower wrote:
Exactly. I bet if you asked Matt, he would say winning the SoCon is much more important and meaningful than the season MVP award. Beat Mercer!
QCGlue, dornb liked this
 #11468  by fufanatic
 Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:00 pm
gman wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:55 pm
CharlieFU wrote:
fufanatic wrote:
PaladinPower wrote:
Exactly. I bet if you asked Matt, he would say winning the SoCon is much more important and meaningful than the season MVP award. Beat Mercer!
I have no doubt on that. Still doesn't mean we can't raise hell for him though. :D
QCGlue liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:46 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.