• Thoughts

#10958  by Paladin91
 Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:43 pm
Not sure why Tre Clark didn't play more - he's a good defender and thought he'd see more action on Magee. Gurley had a bad shooting night and Mounce had some nice drives early, but they didn't fall in. Just too many second chance opportunities for Wofford - sometimes the balls fall your way - nothing you can do about that.

Mounce and Gurley need to get involved early - there is a lot of potential scoring there that I think is underutilized. I love Lyons, but he is very hot/cold..would be great to get more consistency out of him.

Wofford is definitely beatable - not sure I'd take the odds of them beating us 3 times in one season. Gotta go all the way.
 #10959  by PaladinPower
 Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:12 pm
Yep. Regardless of how the seeding ends up, I think FU will need to beat WC either in the semis or final. I'd prefer the semis so that confidence is sky high going into the championship.

One game at a time. Take care of Samford and UTC.
 #10975  by Affirm
 Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:08 pm
PaladinPower wrote:
Yep. Regardless of how the seeding ends up, I think FU will need to beat WC either in the semis or final. I'd prefer the semis so that confidence is sky high going into the championship.

One game at a time. Take care of Samford and UTC.
That’s 2 games.
 #10976  by purplehorse
 Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:18 pm
CharlieFU wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:46 am
purplehorse wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:28 am
After 16:24 left in the game these are the baskets made by Paladins other than Matt Rafferty:

12:47-2 pointer by Jordan Lyons to make it 46-49

2:36-3 pointer by Mounce

1:47-3 pointer by Mounce

0:05-uncontested dunk by Gurley

Ten points by everybody other than Rafferty the last 16:24 of the game. Including 13:48 where Paladins not named Rafferty scored 2 points. No wonder we lost. Those are ugly stats.

True we have potential and “on any given night” can beat anyone but one thing we have lacked this year is consistency-where everybody shows up to score every night.

I wonder if Andrew Taylor would have made a difference this year? Wonder if he is interested in coming back to Furman?
Not sure if you are serious about Taylor but that ship has long since sailed. He is now at Marshall.
No I completely missed that he not only is at Marshall but practicing with them.

I had heard he was homesick and wanted to go back to Corbin to be with his girlfriend. Makes me think now that it might have been academics.
 #10981  by PaladinPower
 Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:02 pm
affirm wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:08 pm
PaladinPower wrote:

One game at a time. Take care of Samford.
That’s 2 games.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by cavedweller2

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:42 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.