• 81 Days till Kickoff

#14498  by AstroDin
 Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:07 am
The AGS board is the home of the (FCS Countdown) but our board is slow so I thought I would add a thread when the countdown hits a marque player number.

A perfect choice is Bandit #81 Adrain Hope. Adrain lived up to his eye-popping high school numbers and led FCS in sacks (15) as a redshirt freshman. The other crazy thing when considering Hope's freshman season he wasn't the starter.

>> BANDIT <<
Chris Washington graduated — leaving Hope as the lone returning bandit with playing time. Furman made IMO two great moves. a) moved Davonta Porter (6-2 225) and b) Dillon Vann (6-3 215) to bandit. The upcoming season will tell us if these moves translate into making Bandit a deep playmaking position.

Porter is physically impressive, I've thought since last season Furman has to get him more PT this move should prove to have been a no-brainer.

Vann had a very good 2017 as a backup bandit. Vann's height and length brings some versatility to the three-man rotation. Vann had two big interceptions in 2017, taking one 33 yards for a touchdown.
FUKA61, fufanatic, Affirm liked this
 #14499  by Affirm
 Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:21 am
Adrian.
Ocala, FL
Parents are Alvin and Lovely.
Siblings are brother, Alvin, and sisters Amayah and Amani.
An all A family except for Lovely and you cannot beat that name!
Adrian becomes 20 y.o. on 15 August.
Jasper, FUKA61 liked this
 #14500  by Jasper
 Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:34 am
affirm wrote:
Adrian.
Ocala, FL
Adrian is also one of the finest young men I have had the pleasure of meeting. He is very bright and exceptionally mature for a 19 year old. I fully expect him to grow into one of the best defenders in Furman history.
FUKA61, Affirm liked this
 #14501  by Flagman
 Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:08 am
Glad to see some new posts. After almost a full day without any activity, I thought everyone had died.
dornb liked this
 #14502  by Affirm
 Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:07 am
214 days to FCS Championship Game on January 11, 2020.
955 miles from Paladin Stadium to Toyota Stadium in Frisco, TX.
... Greenville Triumph Soccer Club will play at Toyota Stadium, Frisco, TX, on 7/7/2019, 8:45 PM CT, vs. North Texas Soccer Club.
Furman Paladins Football Team may play there on 1/11/2020.
QCGlue, MNORM liked this
 #14505  by The Jackal
 Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:00 pm
Jasper wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:34 am
affirm wrote:
Adrian.
Ocala, FL
Adrian is also one of the finest young men I have had the pleasure of meeting. He is very bright and exceptionally mature for a 19 year old. I fully expect him to grow into one of the best defenders in Furman history.
I don’t disagree. In fact, even though it is early in his career, he is currently on pace to shatter some conference records.

I am very interested to see how Furman opts to use Hope this season. He excelled in a situational role last season. With the depth Furman has at BAN, does Hendrix opt to play Hope more as a “three down” player or keep him fresh and in a place he can most drastically impact the game?

Honestly, I think we have several really good players at that position, and I expect offenses are going to have to put up with constant pressure off the edge for four quarters.
 #14525  by FUBeAR
 Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:50 pm
Yeah - that’s all well & good, but #81 will always & forever, in Paladin lore, belong to the one, the only...

FAMOUS (RICK) SCHNAMOUS!

#14553  by Fred Garvin
 Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:08 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:50 pm
Yeah - that’s all well & good, but #81 will always & forever, in Paladin lore, belong to the one, the only...

FAMOUS (RICK) SCHNAMOUS!

NO ONE could coffee table lip sync Start Me Up like Famous Schnabus!
FUBeAR liked this
 #14787  by Flagman
 Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:03 pm
Samford still hasn't posted several games times to their schedule, including Furman.
 #14795  by The Jackal
 Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:12 am
Flagman wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:03 pm
Samford still hasn't posted several games times to their schedule, including Furman.
I imagine it is because Chris Hatcher thinks holding onto that information will give him a tactical advantage.
 #14801  by gofurman
 Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:02 pm
don't forget Hope led all of FCS in sacks... while playing only TEN games !!!!!!!!! (not Colgate)

Recent Topics

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:18 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.