• Home Game Times Announced

#13882  by fufanatic
 Wed May 01, 2019 1:59 pm
1 p.m. for all 6 games. Will be blazing hot for those first few, but building a consistent time that you can expect Paladin games to occur could help with attendance.
 #13883  by FUBeAR
 Wed May 01, 2019 2:22 pm
 #13884  by apaladin
 Wed May 01, 2019 2:53 pm
Like the 1PM starts but that first one is likely to be a scorcher. Hope for a cloudy day. Second home game is not until 9/21 so it may be hot or may not.
 #13889  by gofurman
 Wed May 01, 2019 9:49 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 4:44 pm
Doesn't matter to me if they are at 1am...I'm just glad the first one is at home and we have (at least) five more after that.
After hurricanes etc I am not sure of any game... :? 8-)
FU69 liked this
 #13892  by The Jackal
 Thu May 02, 2019 6:07 am
apaladin wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 2:53 pm
Like the 1PM starts but that first one is likely to be a scorcher. Hope for a cloudy day. Second home game is not until 9/21 so it may be hot or may not.
Football in the south in September is hot no matter what time the game is.

I've often thought that the later games were worse in September - the sun bakes all day and it won't get dark until late in the game. Instead of tailgating in the morning, you are tailgating during the hottest part of the day.
FU69 liked this
 #13894  by Fred Garvin
 Thu May 02, 2019 8:43 am
Much like legendary military figure Colonel Angus, I like it to be hot and steamy in the south!
Paul C, FU69 liked this
 #13895  by FUBeAR
 Thu May 02, 2019 11:52 am
Fred Garvin wrote:
Much like legendary military figure Colonel Angus, I like it to be hot and steamy in the south!
We haven't had Colonel Angus around these parts in quite a while. Last time I saw him he was hunkered down deep in that shady thicket below the old Women's Dorms.

I heard Harry Shucker stripped him of his rank after that. He now goes by his given name, but when I saw him by the back door of the dining hall, I couldn't remember what that was. Do you recall?
 #13896  by Fred Garvin
 Thu May 02, 2019 2:03 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Fred Garvin wrote:
We haven't had Colonel Angus around these parts in quite a while. Last time I saw him he was hunkered down deep in that shady thicket below the old Women's Dorms.

I heard Harry Shucker stripped him of his rank after that. He now goes by his given name, but when I saw him by the back door of the dining hall, I couldn't remember what that was. Do you recall?
Taint sure but I believe his given name is Anal......doesn't talk much anymore due to that jaw injury...
 #13897  by Paul C
 Thu May 02, 2019 3:29 pm
Fred Garvin wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
Fred Garvin wrote:

Taint sure but I believe his given name is Anal......doesn't talk much anymore due to that jaw injury...
All my experiences with Colonel Angus seem to end in embarrassment....
 #13898  by FUBeAR
 Thu May 02, 2019 3:35 pm
Paul C wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 3:29 pm
Fred Garvin wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
Fred Garvin wrote:

All my experiences with Colonel Angus seem to end in embarrassment....
That may be true, but I've found the key to avoiding such & working successfully with Colonel Angus is understanding that he is drawn to be a man of letters....ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ...ABC...and so on.
 #14068  by apaladin
 Sun May 12, 2019 3:57 pm
Just an FYI, Point opens with Kennesaw St on August 31st. Kennesaw St also has Reinhart on their home schedule so we are not the only team struggling to find games. FWIW Point does not have the Furman game on their schedule. They have 11 games listed. Just wondering if NAIA are allowed 12 games?
 #14069  by gman
 Sun May 12, 2019 4:54 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 3:57 pm
Just an FYI, Point opens with Kennesaw St on August 31st. Kennesaw St also has Reinhart on their home schedule so we are not the only team struggling to find games. FWIW Point does not have the Furman game on their schedule. They have 11 games listed. Just wondering if NAIA are allowed 12 games?
Unless the NAIA has changed its rules, only 11 games are allowed. There is no mention of the Furman game on Point’s website. Weird.
http://www.naia.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB ... =211250298

Recent Topics

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:18 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.