• Big shoutout to Harris Roberts

#6930  by Jasper
 Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:06 pm
With the chances of some kind of make-up game getting slimmer by the day, we must assume that Harris Roberts has played his last game as a Paladin. This young man deserves kudos for leading this young team to a SoCon title this year. After taking only a handful of snaps in his career and spending many Saturdays signaling plays and formations into someone else, this kid battled through inexperience, a preseason broken finger on his throwing hand and a game concussion that sidled him for another 2 games to give us all a meaningful and exciting season. In this age of prima donna athletes, Mr. Robert quietly did his job, excelled as a student and waited for his opportunity and then made the most of it when he was given an opportunity. He did not win any post season awards but his last game as a Paladin was one of the finest efforts I have ever seen as a Furman fan. Just look at his stats in that game - outstanding. He is a credit to his family and to his university and I think the future is very bright for a man of his character and abilities. I don't, but if I had a vote for team MVP, it would certainly go to him. We should be very proud of him. He displayed real courage.
dornb, Affirm, furman88 and 14 others liked this
 #6939  by apaladin
 Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:59 pm
Very proud of this young man. He without a doubt made the Paladins a better team. So important for CCH to find an adequate replacement for HR. He certainly had some bad breaks his senior year but he persevered and took FU to the playoffs except for DA selection committee.
FUKA61, dornb, QCGlue liked this
 #6965  by furman88
 Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:11 pm
All the normal accolades come to mind for this young man, great student athlete, tough fought thru injuries. Coulda easily quit but he was unselfish and fought to come back for this team. In my opinion the consumate Furman Paladin, not the most talented but a winner. Take that every day.
Bottom line Harris Roberts made this team better when he played and deserves the credit for being the spark and leardership for his contributation to a winning season. Only really played one year, wish we had him longer. Well done!
dornb, Davemeister, QCGlue and 3 others liked this