• XPs

XPs

#6540  by gofurman
 Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:51 am
Did they block two?

Nearly got the FG.

this has been close for weeks. I heard one of our announcers (think that's where it was?) say we had been close to having them blocked several times now - he said this a few weeks ago whomever it was. what gives?. That is unacceptable. XP timing isn't that hard. XPs should be near automatic. Thoughts on what was happening?
 #6542  by apaladin
 Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:27 am
The first miss hit the upright. The blocked one, we took way too long to get it off. The guy that blocked it almost had to stop and wait on us to kick it.
 #6548  by The Jackal
 Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:50 am
Hard to know. I've noticed this being a problem for a few weeks and it can really only be one of two things - either our kicker is taking too long or we need to start getting hands on the outside rusher. Alternatively, we could perhaps spread our splits out more to extend the line just a bit.

Personally, I would figure out a way to change the formation than screw with Atkins' timing.
Jasper, AstroDin liked this
 #6560  by AstroDin
 Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:29 am
The Jackal wrote:
Hard to know. I've noticed this being a problem for a few weeks and it can really only be one of two things - either our kicker is taking too long or we need to start getting hands on the outside rusher. Alternatively, we could perhaps spread our splits out more to extend the line just a bit.

Personally, I would figure out a way to change the formation than screw with Atkins' timing.
Not sure what was going on but Atkins seemed off or maybe he was just pushing too hard - he had some dead punts and on all of us XP kicks it appeared he was pulling the ball hard left.
 #6582  by gofurman
 Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:38 am
The Jackal wrote:

Jackal. Agree here. That was my point. It wasn’t just yesterday. If just yesterday not as big an issue. It’s been close for several weeks. Yesterday is just the first time it caught us. Playoffs or not, neeeds yo be corrected ! Strange it’s taking us extra time to get xp off