• Myrtle Beach Bowl

#6121  by The Jackal
 Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:50 pm
Paul C wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:39 pm
Not Furman related but I’m putting it here.

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/m ... bd1c4.html

I am hereby starting a fund raising project to acquire the naming rights to what will be forever now known as”The Rockin’ K Myrtle Beach Bowl” of which I will be the inaugural Grand Marshall.
Nothing quite says "Tuesday night football" like a SunBelt/MAC bowl game in Myrtle Beach.
 #6125  by Flagman
 Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:00 pm
With the Sunbelt already tied to two other bowls, the #3 team in the Sunbelt should be a good draw. (Note the sarcasm) With 43 bowls, the NCAA will have to relax the 6 win rule for bowl eligibility. Look for teams with 5 wins to go to bowls.
 #6131  by Paul C
 Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:19 pm
Which is exactly why the Rockin’ K Motor Lodge is the ideal, title sponsor.....
 #6133  by gman
 Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:51 pm
Flagman wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:00 pm
With the Sunbelt already tied to two other bowls, the #3 team in the Sunbelt should be a good draw. (Note the sarcasm) With 43 bowls, the NCAA will have to relax the 6 win rule for bowl eligibility. Look for teams with 5 wins to go to bowls.
Carolina becomes bowl eligible with a win over powerhouse Chatty. Pathetic.
 #6134  by AHB1188
 Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:52 pm
That it's on a Tuesday is perfect for the MAC. I do think, however, that the ideal addition to the MAC bowl lineup would be the Lake Erie Bowl held in an open air stadium while snow falls and the wind gusts at 15-20 mph.

In lieu of that, however, nothing tops "The Rockin' K Myrtle Beach Bowl." Not even the Raymond Media Camelia Bowl (It really should be broadcast by Raycom using their standard camera equipment) or the Dollar General Bowl.
The Jackal wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:50 pm
Paul C wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:39 pm
Not Furman related but I’m putting it here.

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/m ... bd1c4.html

I am hereby starting a fund raising project to acquire the naming rights to what will be forever now known as”The Rockin’ K Myrtle Beach Bowl” of which I will be the inaugural Grand Marshall.
Nothing quite says "Tuesday night football" like a SunBelt/MAC bowl game in Myrtle Beach.
 #6146  by cavedweller2
 Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:17 pm
Should be the “Mother Fletchers Wet T Shirt Bowl”.
 #6154  by Fred Garvin
 Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:00 am
I would rather watch 43 bowl games than any basketball game. Reduce bowls when your cut the field of 64 back to 32...

I would love to see the following...
1. Myrtle Beach Rockin K Motor Lodge Bowl
2. Mother Fletchers Skin Will Win Halftime Show
3. Time out music provided by The Voltage Brothers
4. Some sort of "How long does it take to get to Myrtle Beach in a van full of Big Uns and the only help you have is which way the sun is setting" contest

I "heard" #4 actually happened

Recent Topics

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.