• Horrible actions - personal fouls etc

#90255  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 08, 2024 1:07 am
I may have never been to a game with so many personal fouls by opponent (didn’t go to Marshall back in day lol). Those were some chippy and AZZhol players. Tons of personal fouls and extra taunting. TONS. My friend said the same. We’ve been to a lot of games. Worst we’ve ever seen. I agree that comes from the coach - he should apologize in post game. Absolutely should.

many Kids on CSU team were classless. Taunting and Shiite constantly. The older group in front of me was talking about it too. Said “well our best offense is their personal fouls”. LOL. sadly, he’s right.

. Anyone agree about this ? I have a new hated FCS team
 #90261  by tim
 Sun Sep 08, 2024 8:01 am
I totally agree......and why would a ref drop a flag on end zone taunting and then pick it up? Does he get overruled? Sadly we will see more of this in the new era. In the WCU game a player was called for facemask (Campbell) because after the play he reached down and ripped the ball carriers helmet off by the facemask. Should have been ejected. At one point Campbell had 15 penalties.
Choir Boy, gofurman liked this
 #90264  by gman84
 Sun Sep 08, 2024 8:59 am
Punk behavior is nothing new. We knew before the game CSU played that way. The way to deal with that is don’t take the bait and physically punish the opponent. Tough to talk smack when you arse is getting kicked!
FUeveryday liked this
 #90266  by FUwolfpacker
 Sun Sep 08, 2024 9:20 am
I won’t get into all the classless stuff. A couple of things I’m sure not many of us liked but they played with an edge that we didn’t have.

I was right there after the first TD and I literally can’t understand how that flag was waived off. The CSU guy did the exact same machine gun motion that the LSU guy did and got penalized for last week. My only thought was that it wasn’t directed at a Furman player so maybe somehow that makes it ok?
 #90301  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 08, 2024 10:08 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2024 9:20 am
I won’t get into all the classless stuff. A couple of things I’m sure not many of us liked but they played with an edge that we didn’t have.

I was right there after the first TD and I literally can’t understand how that flag was waived off. The CSU guy did the exact same machine gun motion that the LSU guy did and got penalized for last week. My only thought was that it wasn’t directed at a Furman player so maybe somehow that makes it ok?
Yeah, we talked about taht. how do you throw a flag for taunting and then PICK IT UP and just walk away??? That was strange. I saw why it was thrown - spinning the ball at our player , making some gun motion etc. It was a warranted flag
 #90372  by cavedweller2
 Mon Sep 09, 2024 6:31 pm
You throw the flag early and quickly on the egregious unwarranted actions. When the coach then cusses you you flag him for unsportsmanlike conduct. One more and he is gone. Message sent.
 #90375  by gofurman
 Mon Sep 09, 2024 6:39 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 6:31 pm
You throw the flag early and quickly on the egregious unwarranted actions. When the coach then cusses you you flag him for unsportsmanlike conduct. One more and he is gone. Message sent.
Exactly. Agree. Kill it early and often. Then they either quit doing it or guys get ejected. Get on it fast and get ahead of it

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by Sad Din

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:25 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Thu Sep 19, 2024 2:46 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.