• ROBERTO NATIONAL OFFENSIVE POW

#58206  by apaladin
 Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:07 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:05 pm
^^^ I'm surprised you posted this AP. Based on you're predictions of Furman's mediocrity?
No relation whatsoever. Roberto had a great day but unfortunately the defense had their worst dayi in history. ……and its your prediction, not you’re. :lol:
 #58222  by Flagman
 Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:20 pm
Now, there's an even bigger target on his back.
 #58265  by The Jackal
 Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:17 am
Flagman wrote:
Roberto is a big back, but he slimmed down some this offseason and for 230+ lbs, is a lot faster than he looks.

The field vision has been outstanding. You don't expect a big guy like that to be able to stretch the zone and then cut up field and outrun folks.
Flagman, Davemeister, din23 and 1 others liked this
 #58306  by gofurman
 Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:36 am
The Jackal wrote:
Flagman wrote:
Roberto is a big back, but he slimmed down some this offseason and for 230+ lbs, is a lot faster than he looks.

The field vision has been outstanding. You don't expect a big guy like that to be able to stretch the zone and then cut up field and outrun folks.
Why does OL get no credit. ? Right FUBEAR. That’s is where the rubber meets the road. OL v DL. Just once I wish the awards would go an OL Unit or a guy with 9 pancake blocks. Roberto was great but our OL was also great !! Huge holes

I don’t know why I hold out hope. In SoCon the refs are atrocious. To hope for more credit to go to OL and DL is hoping beyond hope. LOL.

Anyway, I’ll say it - “ thanks to the big boys up front !!!!!!”
QCGlue liked this
 #58318  by The Jackal
 Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:11 am
gofurman wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
Flagman wrote:

Why does OL get no credit. ? Right FUBEAR. That’s is where the rubber meets the road. OL v DL. Just once I wish the awards would go an OL Unit or a guy with 9 pancake blocks. Roberto was great but our OL was also great !! Huge holes

I don’t know why I hold out hope. In SoCon the refs are atrocious. To hope for more credit to go to OL and DL is hoping beyond hope. LOL.

Not sure why you'd say that. Furman named the entire offensive line co-offensive players of the week.
 #58332  by AllTimeFU
 Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:02 am
gofurman wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
Flagman wrote:

It was a great game to see them playing as a unit. Remember, they have a new OL coach and things are coming together. Let's see them build on it at VMI and be a multi-threat offense against Chatty.
 #58371  by gofurman
 Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:51 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:11 am
gofurman wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
Flagman wrote:

Not sure why you'd say that. Furman named the entire offensive line co-offensive players of the week.
My mistake. Must be a Furman twitter feed or wherever. Glad to hear it!

SoCon named Roberto and Sochovka.

Nationally it’s Roberto. . You almost never see a national award for an OL. :?

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:22 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.