• 3-1 FIRST TIME SINCE 2011

#56780  by apaladin
 Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:48 am
First time at 3-1 to start a season since 2011. In game 5 that year we lost to Samford at home 26-21. Finished the year at 6-5. Hoping for different results 11 years later.
 #56782  by Flagman
 Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:54 am
apaladin wrote:
First time at 3-1 to start a season since 2011. In game 5 that year we lost to Samford at home 26-21. Finished the year at 6-5. Hoping for different results 11 years later.
Is it always cloudy where you live?
Roundball, gman84, din23 liked this
 #56785  by apaladin
 Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:47 am
Flagman wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Thought that was pretty positive but guess not.
 #56789  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:26 am
apaladin wrote:
Flagman wrote:
apaladin wrote:
It was fairly positive. You a) pointed out our great 3-1 start. B) hope we do better than last time at 3-1.

Some peeps a little defensive round here. My old bud still follows the games but quit reading this board as he said “you would think these guys were attacking their personal family, what a bunch of wusses the way they are so defensive when anything mild is said - I assume they don’t watch the news or politics or anything in real life where it’s a lot tougher.. “. I very very roughly paraphrase him but that’s why he quit lurking. Lol
 #56808  by FUBeAR
 Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:04 am
gofurman wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Flagman wrote:
apaladin wrote:
It was fairly positive. You a) pointed out our great 3-1 start. B) hope we do better than last time at 3-1.

Some peeps a little defensive round here. My old bud still follows the games but quit reading this board as he said “you would think these guys were attacking their personal family, what a bunch of wusses the way they are so defensive when anything mild is said - I assume they don’t watch the news or politics or anything in real life where it’s a lot tougher.. “. I very very roughly paraphrase him but that’s why he quit lurking. Lol
Yep, that is correct…for some of us.
 #56811  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:10 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
gofurman wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Flagman wrote:
apaladin wrote:

Lol. You don’t have current family PLAYING ON THE FIELD. YOU DONT. You said US which - unless certain groups have changed that pronoun - includes You

I don’t care about paid coaches. Please don’t tell a fib. That’s beneath you BEAR. Who in your family is plsying for us???

Prove me wrong. I a case of PBR you can’t. PBR is my level. Cmon bud

Look, I like you based on many many smart posts. I LOVE your posts.

But Just as I tactfully corrected you that the ETSU Citadel game was in Charleston, not Johnson city (you even paraphrased man you are right don’t be so tactful. Lol) You are incorrect here. You don’t have a son playing for Furman

Now I really wish you did !!! :D :) :D
 #56812  by FUBeAR
 Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:28 pm
gofurman wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
gofurman wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Flagman wrote:
apaladin wrote:

Lol. You don’t have current family PLAYING ON THE FIELD. YOU DONT. You said US which - unless certain groups have changed that pronoun - includes You

I don’t care about paid coaches. Please don’t tell a fib. That’s beneath you BEAR. Who in your family is plsying for us???

But Just as I tactfully corrected you that the ETSU Citadel game was in Charleston, not Johnson city (you even paraphrased man you are right don’t be so tactful. Lol) You are incorrect here. You don’t have a son playing for Furman

Every Player or Coach who has worn or and/or represented the <F> on a Football field is FUBeAR‘s Family.

You may define your own family differently and however you wish.

You do not have the right or privilege to define FUBeAR’s Family.
paladinfan12 liked this
 #56813  by soconjohn
 Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:29 pm
Does Sam Houston State’s national title from the COVID season not count either, or VMI’s league title not count....come on man...that season counts as much as any...According to you, Furman didn’t beat Samford in OT either, but I am sure there will be a note about the phantom game in a phantom season in this week’s game notes.😂
 #56814  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:34 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
gofurman wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
gofurman wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Flagman wrote:
apaladin wrote:

Every Player or Coach who has worn or and/or represented the <F> on a Football field is FUBeAR‘s Family.

Fair. Just sounding a little “ California” there by changing definitions of words and Pronouns. . You know what I mean. Weird though, by your definition I can just up and claim ANYONE is my family. Reagan, Bush, Clinton. Bill Gates.
LOL. let’s move on
 #56821  by Bootie
 Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:28 pm
gofurman wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
gofurman wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
gofurman wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Flagman wrote:
apaladin wrote:

Fair. Just sounding a little “ California” there by changing definitions of words and Pronouns. . You know what I mean. Weird though, by your definition I can just up and claim ANYONE is my family. Reagan, Bush, Clinton. Bill Gates.
LOL. let’s move on
Not before I make my comment...

Nobody is changing definitions of words here. Is it literal family? In most cases, no. I have always loved FU because of its family feel. Whether it's hosting football players for dinner, getting to know the players and staff chatting on the field after a game, getting to know parents and fellow fans in the stands, and the camaraderie of away games, that's what makes it special for me. With that feeling of family, it's much more difficult for me to post something I wouldn't say to my own family or friends.
FUBeAR, AstroDin liked this
 #56822  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:41 pm
Bootie wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:28 pm
gofurman wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
gofurman wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
gofurman wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Flagman wrote:
apaladin wrote:

LOL. let’s move on
Not before I make my comment...

Nobody is changing definitions of words here. Is it literal family? In most cases, no. I have always loved FU because of its family feel. Whether it's hosting football players for dinner, getting to know the players and staff chatting on the field after a game, getting to know parents and fellow fans in the stands, and the camaraderie of away games, that's what makes it special for me. With that feeling of family, it's much more difficult for me to post something I wouldn't say to my own family or friends.
Bootie, thanks. That’s a much kinder post. As you agreed (see how that diffuses things - others could learn from you !!!!!!!!) its not literally family. It’s not. However if you feel a family atmosphere I get it. That’s awesome. I do think most teams have dinners and do most of those things to help team rapport and cohesion but still… glad you see it at Furman

Hey I note your comment about away games. I was there - just now leaving Charleston. were you there? If so I just hate I missed seeing you !!!