• New Ask The AD

#56411  by DanScott
 Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:05 am
Late notice, but we are taping Tuesday afternoon. Fire away!
 #56424  by FUBeAR
 Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:28 am
As a University/Athletics Department, are we all set to make a “NO EXCUSES, JUST WIN-type” of bid to the NCAA to host a 1st Round Playoff game in Paladin Stadium, in the unlikely event that Furman does not receive a Top 8 seed in the FCS Playoffs?

If not, with the certainty that the Football Team will do their part to receive a Playoff Bid, what can/should Alumni/Fans do to ensure we would have a Home 1st round playoff game, again, in the unlikely event that Furman does not receive a Top 8 seed in the FCS Playoffs?
Davemeister liked this
 #56427  by RaleighDin
 Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:41 am
Are SFA tickets included in basketball season ticket packages? If not, are there any discussions around giving season ticket holders early access for purchase?

Our student athletes are our best asset. Clemson (football) and Duke (basketball) both do YouTube vlogs to highlight their players - have we given any consideration to doing something like this?
 #56431  by Flagman
 Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:20 am
Can we add video highlights to Clay's weekly show, instead of just a press conference format? Would love to see highlights and get comments from the players involved.
FUBeAR, din23, dornb and 2 others liked this
 #56432  by FUBeAR
 Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:26 am
Flagman wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:20 am
Can we add video highlights to Clay's weekly show, instead of just a press conference format? Would love to see highlights and get comments from the players involved.
…and can we get Clay to mumble in a near-undecipherable voice narrating the videos while he drinks Co-Cola and eats Golden Flake potato chips?
JK - FUBeAR would love to see 3 or 4 BIGGEST plays from each game with Coach and/or Players breaking them down. But then why would we need jackal? :D
 #56436  by apaladin
 Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:53 am
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:27 am
Timmons update plz
I can answer that. Everything is going well, trying to get money, still need that big gift., university and ED are behind it :lol: :lol: :lol: Yada, yada, yada.
 #56437  by apaladin
 Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:57 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:28 am
As a University/Athletics Department, are we all set to make a “NO EXCUSES, JUST WIN-type” of bid to the NCAA to host a 1st Round Playoff game in Paladin Stadium, in the unlikely event that Furman does not receive a Top 8 seed in the FCS Playoffs?

If not, with the certainty that the Football Team will do their part to receive a Playoff Bid, what can/should Alumni/Fans do to ensure we would have a Home 1st round playoff game, again, in the unlikely event that Furman does not receive a Top 8 seed in the FCS Playoffs?
I can answer that too. We will certanly will put in a competitive bid to host a first round game but we know it will be short when we send it in so look for the ‘dins to be on the road in the above case scenario. :lol: :lol:
 #56438  by apaladin
 Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:00 pm
Any news on the football scheduling news? Been 3 years since a future game has been announced. Since the ‘24;and ‘25 seasons are 12 game seasons will we possibly play 2 FBS games like ‘19? Why has the UT game not been officially announced since you have the contract?
 #56440  by FurmanFan23
 Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:27 pm
apaladin wrote:
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Timmons update plz
I can answer that. Everything is going well, trying to get money, still need that big gift., university and ED are behind it :lol: :lol: :lol: Yada, yada, yada.
A man can only wish, can't he? In all seriousness, I wonder how much longer the timetable can be extended. Timmons is long long long overdue for a renovation.
 #56445  by apaladin
 Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:30 pm
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:27 pm
apaladin wrote:
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Timmons update plz
A man can only wish, can't he? In all seriousness, I wonder how much longer the timetable can be extended. Timmons is long long long overdue for a renovation.
I hear ya! IMHO this is years down the road if ever unless a bigtime gift could be had which seems very unlikely at this point. Of course if I ever wn the lottery all would be good but those odds are similar to Timmons reno getting done. :lol: :lol:
 #56460  by DanScott
 Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:36 pm
There have been highlights available since Sunday. Football Facebook and Twitter pages.
 #56467  by HammerTKE
 Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:59 pm
(I asked this before, but there wasn't time to get to my question) Is there a reason why Furman doesn't license more sports paraphernalia, such as football and basketball jerseys? I would love to wear Furman jerseys around town when everyone is wearing their Clemson or Carolina gear.
gofurman, bj93, FU69 liked this
 #56471  by gofurman
 Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:14 pm
HammerTKE wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:59 pm
(I asked this before, but there wasn't time to get to my question) Is there a reason why Furman doesn't license more sports paraphernalia, such as football and basketball jerseys? I would love to wear Furman jerseys around town when everyone is wearing their Clemson or Carolina gear.
You are spot on TKE. SO MUCH THIS - You can't buy Furman stuff'; anywhere - except FUrman (well, that old hat place and a few others... ) But it really really hurts some PR - nothing better and cheaper than people wearing hats and T-Shirts. One time someone said there was a restrictive license but that was Years (as in 10) ago. Is that ever going to expire??

Furman is too proud of their attire and it hurts from a visibility standpoint. To have to go to the school bookstore to get one is Very prohibitive - mainly in effort, but also in cost.

Many FCS level schools have tons of shirts/hats around town (JMU, what have you) and thus being worn by many peeps. The old joke 'if you have a Clemson shirt you went to Wal-Mart, If you have a Furman shirt you went to FUrman' is actually a joke ON US in a very real sense. It is Way too hard to get a Furman shirt... way too hard.

What is the deal with FU Merch??

This is a great question that, unlike Timmons, has not been hit recently...