Presbyterian @ WCU

North Alabama @ UTC

The Citadel @ Mercer

Samford @ Tenn Tech

Furman @ ETSU
 #56073  by The Jackal
 Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:05 pm
Bird's eye view hot takes.

Might be 3 consecutive shutouts for the Terriers. They're struggling to move the ball and I'm sure playing an ACC defense isn't going to help.

VMI, WCU, UTC, and Samford are playing beatable FCS opponents. All four need to handle their business.

The Citadel and Mercer are playing a sneaky game that's now more important than maybe anticipated. Mercer did the old Furman thing and took a week off before playing an option offense.

The Furman/ETSU is the big game on this week's calendar. The Bucs and ill afford a second SoCon loss this early in the season. Furman wants to go make a statement win on the road. Gonna be a fight.
dornb liked this
 #56132  by Roundball
 Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:48 pm
Wofford football is about as low as they can get, without shutting down the program.
 #56136  by FUBeAR
 Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:38 pm
Roundball wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:48 pm
Wofford football is about as low as they can get, without shutting down the program.
This is a heavily edited version of the post at WoffordFans …. don’t even try to say you accidentally typed in OnlyFans when you try to go this Woffy site…you’re busted! …. Anyway…you don’t need to go to OnlyFans for your daily dose of salacious content if the unedited version of this is still up over there.
AstroDin liked this
 #56139  by youwouldno
 Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:31 pm
Too bad Wofford didn't have like a mediocrity phase before disintegrating, trash talking them was fun but now it doesn't even feel right. And that post gave me anxiety about helping my daughter look at schools some day.
AstroDin, FUBeAR liked this
 #56173  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:05 am
Will the Wofftard's score ever!?! lol
 #56176  by The Jackal
 Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:05 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:05 am
Will the Wofftard's score ever!?! lol
Wofford is 113/115 teams in the FCS in total offense and last in scoring offense.

VT is 5th in the FBS in total defense.

So, it's not looking good.
 #56177  by AstroDin
 Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:09 am
Not that I care that much… but where does Wofford turn if they part ways with Conklin? The admin went so far in bed with Conklin that the Ayers legacy has all left. Eric Nash is the AD at SJCS - I'm not sure he has an interest anymore in head coaching. Lang, I'm pretty sure retired. I can't remember their old DC and where he went.

Does Wofford have the desire to pay and get a current FCS HC? Conklin was a DC at Pittsburgh when hired.
 #56181  by The Jackal
 Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:34 am
AstroDin wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:09 am
Not that I care that much… but where does Wofford turn if they part ways with Conklin? The admin went so far in bed with Conklin that the Ayers legacy has all left. Eric Nash is the AD at SJCS - I'm not sure he has an interest anymore in head coaching. Lang, I'm pretty sure retired. I can't remember their old DC and where he went.

Does Wofford have the desire to pay and get a current FCS HC? Conklin was a DC at Pittsburgh when hired.

You might be thinking of Shiel Wood. The last DC, I think, was young relatively unknown guy (Sam Seifkes) now in a quality control role with the Vikings. Before Wood, I think, was Nate Woody who turned a successful run at Wofford into stints at App State, GT, and Army.

This is complete speculation on my part, but Wood's departure from the program was my initial clue things were not great in Wofford-ville.

Wood is from Spartanburg. He played and coached under Mike Ayers. He's a Wofford guy.

I thought it supremely odd that upon Ayers' retirement, Wofford overlooked the young defensive coach currently a coordinator on staff who was both a local guy and had spent 15 years playing and coaching at Wofford in favor of another young defensive coach recently discharged from a middling FBS program.
 #56184  by paladinfan12
 Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:55 pm
I'm not surprised that Wofford has had issues since Ayres left. He was a great coach that built a good team always primed to compete.

I am surprised that Wofford has had issues (particularly pertaining to hiring and keeping staff) since they got all that Jerry Richardson money.

Guess money doesn't buy everything.
 #56223  by cavedweller2
 Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:35 am
End of 1 in Blacksburg. Rat dogs still scoreless.
 #56224  by cavedweller2
 Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:26 pm
At the half: goose egg still
 #56225  by cavedweller2
 Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:34 pm
Rat dogs get on the board with 9:43 to go in the game. They are now averaging 2.3334 points per game.
 #56231  by furmandad
 Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:45 pm
VT evidently won't been competing very well in the ACC this season; only beating worst team in the SoCon 27-7. :o