• SORRY A** CHANNEL 4

#55971  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:38 pm
On the 11 o’clock sports all Clempson, not even one single FU highlight. Only time they even mentioned Tyler Huff was the first play when his helmet got torn off. I said before the news they would not show a single FU highlight and they didn’t. What a sorry sports team they have at channel 4.
QCGlue, FU69, underjack liked this
 #55972  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:57 pm
Well it is the local greenville news, for the most part anyone working a local news outlets will be mediocre in their work, can anyone say amateur hour :lol:
apaladin liked this
 #55982  by Affirm
 Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:18 am
apaladin wrote:
On the 11 o’clock sports all Clempson, not even one single FU highlight. Only time they even mentioned Tyler Huff was the first play when his helmet got torn off. I said before the news they would not show a single FU highlight and they didn’t. What a sorry sports team they have at channel 4.
Some would perhaps say FU Channel 4.
FU69 liked this
 #55983  by Affirm
 Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:22 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:57 pm
Well it is the local greenville news, for the most part anyone working a local news outlets will be mediocre in their work, can anyone say amateur hour :lol:
What is, or has ever been, more LICAL to Channel 4’s location than FURMAN UNIVERSITY?
 #55984  by FUBeAR
 Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:40 am
affirm wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:18 am
apaladin wrote:
Some would perhaps say FU Channel 4.
FU 4 times?

QCGlue, FU69 liked this
 #56009  by QCGlue
 Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:40 am
apaladin wrote:
Even worse was that Dabo didn't give one bit of credit to Furman's stellar playing. All he could say was "Our offense had a decent day, but our defense didn't play well" (or something along those lines). Come on Dabo, the Paladins showed up ready to play, and showed those Tigers they could hang with them! So proud of my purple team!
FU69, dornb, apaladin liked this
 #56068  by Davemeister
 Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:32 am
Watched the Sunday 6 PM news on Your Friend Four. apaladin speaketh The Truth. 5 minute report on the game and no mention of Furman other than that we were Clemson's opponent. Not even a hint that we are the local team! Probably more about Furman's participation on Columbia or Charleston Evening News than in Greenville.

Whatever happened to "fair & balanced" reporting?
 #56101  by Flagman
 Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:30 pm
They need to change their call letters to WCFF - 4 (We’re Clemson’s Friend Forever).
FUBeAR, underjack, dornb liked this
 #56106  by FurmanATT
 Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:58 pm
When they changed from WFBC to WYFF, it was popular for a while to make fun of the billboards -- with 4 people on them -- "We're Your Four Friends." -- MD
soconjohn liked this
 #56112  by soconjohn
 Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:51 pm
Dabo actually did give Furman and coach Clay Hendrix credit and praise on his weekly highlight show...Called Furman's Tyler Huff a "baller"...Dabo's a pretty classy character...What irks me is the STATS FCS poll more than whether or not Furman gets local coverage...Like the fact that Furman lost seven spots in the "receiving votes" column after such a respectable performance against Clemson...Elon is getting more votes than FU after wowing the voters against Vandy...Eastern Washington dropped only one spot after losing 70-14 to Oregon...The STATS FCS poll is an absolute joke...New Hampshire, who is another CAA that just made it, has defeated two teams that are a combined 0-4...Put em in...One of the best teams in the country! So is Kennesaw State...The SoCon gets nothing but disrespect.
FUBeAR, apaladin liked this
 #56114  by Bootie
 Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:05 pm
I typically enjoy WSPA’s reporting on Furman but their CU/FU report was right on par with WYFF’s or worse.
 #56115  by FUBeAR
 Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:38 pm
soconjohn wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:51 pm
What irks me is the STATS FCS poll...Like the fact that Furman lost seven spots in the "receiving votes" column after such a respectable performance against Clemson...Elon is getting more votes than FU after wowing the voters against Vandy...Eastern Washington dropped only one spot after losing 70-14 to Oregon...The STATS FCS poll is an absolute joke...New Hampshire, who is another CAA that just made it, has defeated two teams that are a combined 0-4...Put em in...One of the best teams in the country! So is Kennesaw State...The SoCon gets nothing but disrespect.
 #56116  by Thorny
 Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:48 pm
Look, I understand polls matter but just like life isn't fair, neither is football.

We just played a team with more scholarships, more funding, better facilities, etc. Nothing about that is fair. If teams were being judged strictly on merrit so far this season Clemson and Alabama might have trouble breaking the top 25 of the fbs, much less being in the top 5.

If we win 8 games we will be ranked. If we keep winning for a few years voters in polls will give us the benefit of the doubt. This life. I remember Furman starting 02 under Lamb and still be ranked in the top 25. Nothing about that was fair.
 #56117  by soconjohn
 Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:03 am
then a preseason poll skews the entire season? We don't get a playoff field that makes sense...Some idiots that vote in this poll actually vote for teams in the NEC and Pioneer, so you're right Thorny, these things aren't fair...What have those conferences earned to be mentioned in any realm that Furman or a SoCon team would exist in?...Furman has as many national titles as Eastern Washington and more than Kennesaw State.
FUBeAR liked this