• The Darkness

#55323  by AstroDin
 Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:50 am
Purple rain wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:45 am
Love this look. I am sure it will be an alternate uniform but I bet our players love it!
Ditto! players and recruits - kudos to CCH embracing change - this is a very high-quality look - rivals anything in FBS.
The last time we had black uniforms - they looked ill-fitting and just not high quality.
 #55326  by greenvegas
 Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:55 am
Don't tease me with the purple helmets unless the whole team wears purple helmets in an actual game.
QCGlue liked this
 #55328  by AstroDin
 Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:01 pm
greenvegas wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:55 am
Don't tease me with the purple helmets unless the whole team wears purple helmets in an actual game.
FU Football - wouldn't have gone to this much trouble to post prototypes… my guess is this is the uniform for our night game against NGU.
gman84 liked this
 #55330  by MNORM
 Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:23 pm
Diamond F on one side and number on the other...looking good.
 #55331  by AllTimeFU
 Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:07 pm
Just an awesome look. Passing the look test all around. Now, let's go do it on the field and rise up!!
 #55332  by tim
 Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:25 pm
I like it for some games but they are playing with fire messing with that white helmet
apaladin liked this
 #55333  by apaladin
 Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:39 pm
Like the helmet but not a fan of the black. Purple on black just doesn’t go well Don’t like Paladins on the back either. Wish they would have asked me first. 😂 The purple helmet with the all white unis would look great I think.
 #55338  by The Jackal
 Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:27 pm
tim wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:25 pm
I like it for some games but they are playing with fire messing with that white helmet
I doubt they are messing with the white helmet. They look to just be adding an alternate lid to use probably once a season.

Not to be all "old man yell at cloud," but Notre Dame has worn 8 different alternate helmets since 2011. They have perhaps the most iconic look in college football.

Ohio State, also with an iconic look, has worn this a number of times:

We can all feel a certain way about change, but this is pretty much where college football is right now.
 #55339  by Flagman
 Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:03 pm
I guess we can be happy that we have enough money to be able to afford 100 more helmets @ $300+ each.
The Jackal, MNORM liked this
 #55342  by AstroDin
 Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:12 pm
apaladin wrote:
Like the helmet but not a fan of the black. Purple on black just doesn’t go well Don’t like Paladins on the back either. Wish they would have asked me first. 😂 The purple helmet with the all white unis would look great I think.
different strokes for different folks…

Purple IMO needs a complementary color, and white is not a complementary color to purple.
When Furman introduced the Diamond F, it was used with silver and white.
Furman has a great classic two-color look for home and away.

When done well, I think the black/purple look is striking. This is done well - and the details with this uniform are really nice. I believe the helmet is matte, which makes the Diamond pop. I love the FU on the front of the Jersey, and again - IMO, Paladins on the back, and the font choice - is a masterstroke!!!
 #55343  by FUBeAR
 Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:15 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:12 pm
apaladin wrote:
different strokes for different folks…

Purple IMO needs a complementary color, and white is not a complementary color to purple.
When Furman introduced the Diamond F, it was used with silver and white.
Furman has a great classic two-color look for home and away.

When done well, I think the black/purple look is striking. This is done well - and the details with this uniform are really nice. I believe the helmet is matte, which makes the Diamond pop. I love the FU on the front of the Jersey, and again - IMO, Paladins on the back, and the font choice - is a masterstroke!!!
Palatino?