• KICKOFF TIMES ANNOUNCED

#54231  by AllTimeFU
 Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:34 am
66 days until kickoff!

Everything I'm hearing and reading indicates a substantial leveling up this year for the offense.

QB - more experience for Jace, more competition young and old, new OC and better fit
RB - stable of very capable RBs
TE - One on the NFL watch list, one transfer for Michigan State and a host of others that are more than capable
WR - Much better team speed, ability to get open, new OC
OL - Good experience, a tackle on the NFL watch list, good young depth from a good recruiting class
AstroDin, QCGlue liked this
 #54232  by AstroDin
 Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:38 am
AllTimeFU wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:34 am
66 days until kickoff!

Everything I'm hearing and reading indicates a substantial leveling up this year for the offense.

QB - more experience for Jace, more competition young and old, new OC and better fit
RB - stable of very capable RBs
TE - One on the NFL watch list, one transfer for Michigan State and a host of others that are more than capable
WR - Much better team speed, ability to get open, new OC
OL - Good experience, a tackle on the NFL watch list, good young depth from a good recruiting class
I'd add Furman gets back some key personnel on defense.
Blackshear returns, along with Yates and Chizik.
What will be the impact of adding Coach Spangler to the defense? Me thinks GOOD!
Along the defensive front…
Sochovka returns, Stanfield hopefully is 100%.
AllTimeFU liked this
 #56518  by Affirm
 Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:02 pm
That is good.
1. IF we are so fortunate as to be able to be in FCS playoffs, this change gives us at least 1 more hour to get ready, whether the potential playoff game is at home or away.
2. Since Thanksgiving is the following Thursday, maybe the earlier kickoff might convince a few students to stay around and attend at least part of the game as fans and supporters, instead of leaving earlier than they otherwise would for Thanksgiving travel.
3. If we are not so fortunate as to be able to be in FCS playoffs, then we fans may want to get the game and season over with sooner, and move on to other things, including Thanksgiving, basketball, etc.
4. The change in kickoff may help the many Furman fans who will be attending both football and the Charleston basketball games.
5. More time to celebrate whatever it is that we have to celebrate, whether that be a SoCon championship, just a win over Wofford, and/or just families of players wanting to be together following the Senior Day game.
All positive. Tailgating can continue post-game.
Go Furman!
FUBeAR liked this