• 2023 Recruiting Diamond Cha23rs

#50193  by AstroDin
 Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:53 am
Furman has come out guns a blazin' on the recruiting trail for 23.
Furman Football has vastly upgraded its already formable branding swagger.
The first post announcing we're looking for players for the 23 class has generated quickly over 400 comments from high school players. More impressive than that is the posting of camp invites by those invited to Furman's Football camps. I have the resources to track this type of thing and - my Twitter monitoring app is blowing up with more Furman engagement than my clients. I contribute this self-promoting by invitees to a killer graphic design.

examples below:

#50196  by FUBeAR
 Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:11 am
AstroDin wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:53 am
I have the resources to track this type of thing
 #50198  by fupaladin01
 Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:55 am
Very cool poster/graphics! Our coaches and marketing department are putting in tremendous effort and I think it's paying off. (However the unnecessary comma in the accompanying twitter message is an egregious error for a school that presents itself as elite academically... need an editor?)
 #53319  by AstroDin
 Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:16 am
Just an update on 2023 recruiting…
The coaching staff is out in full force. If I have time - I'll cobble a list of players already offered—there are quite a few.

A few notes
Furman has two coaches recruiting Texas.
Wilcox is recruiting the Houston coast area and Verna is recruiting a patch through the Dallas area.
Justin Roper is recruiting his home state of GA.
Furman is recruiting the entire state of Florida with five coaches.
Coach Dudzik has the usual fertile group of the Tampa/Orlando area.
Last but not least Coach Spangler is using his in-state connections to make visits in-state.
DeepPurple liked this
 #53323  by The Jackal
 Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:26 am
AstroDin wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:16 am
Just an update on 2023 recruiting…
The coaching staff is out in full force. If I have time - I'll cobble a list of players already offered—there are quite a few.

A few notes
Furman has two coaches recruiting Texas.
Wilcox is recruiting the Houston coast area and Verna is recruiting a patch through the Dallas area.
Justin Roper is recruiting his home state of GA.
Furman is recruiting the entire state of Florida with five coaches.
Coach Dudzik has the usual fertile group of the Tampa/Orlando area.
Last but not least Coach Spangler is using his in-state connections to make visits in-state.

I'm still interested in the Texas recruiting connection. I love that we've put a lot of emphasis there. Furman's student body generally has a pretty sizable Texas contingent, but the football team has never really reflected that until recently.

Dallas and Houston are both huge metroplexes and pretty far from one another all things considered. Would be hard for one coach to cover both areas.

A lot of those schools are huge, in close proximity to one another, and play a lot of football. Furman is also selling a product (small liberal arts college playing D1 football) that doesn't really exist in Texas.
DeepPurple liked this
 #53914  by AstroDin
 Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:02 am
^^^ Furman continues to go head-to-head with Southern Illinois and Austin Peay in recruiting.
SIU appears to be recruiting the south hard.
 #53915  by AstroDin
 Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:04 am
Concerning 2023 Furman appears to be coming out of the gates aggressively.
Lots of offers to some highly recruited players.
Also - the new coaches are very involved in recruiting and engaging with social media.
fupaladin01 liked this
 #53920  by FUBeAR
 Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:20 am
The Jackal wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:58 am
AstroDin wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:48 pm

I'm sure I'm overlooking someone, but the last Spain Park kid that comes to mind was Adam Mims. He turned out pretty well.
C’mon Jackal…

https://furmanpaladins.com/sports/foot ... tibbs/1824
 #54261  by FurmanFan23
 Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:47 pm
Has anyone been able to find who the recruit is? I have looked on Twitter and cannot find him. Confused as to why I cant find him on twitter.

Recent Topics

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.