• My Opinion

#45879  by fu77fan
 Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:07 pm
My opinion is that we were awful last spring and we are awful now!
And unless there are major changes , we will be awful next year.
Inconsistent.
Inconsistent.
IMHO, we are not making progress.
We are heading in the wrong direction !!

The buck stops with the head coach !
I no longer have any confidence whatsoever in our head coach!
purplehorse, bj93, furpal81 liked this
 #45880  by MidlandsPaladin
 Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:10 pm
If you have any belief that Jace is our QB of the future, he needs to be on the field every chance he gets. Musical quarterbacks add to the inconstancy. Time to win or lose with Jace at this point in the season.
 #45884  by paladinduece
 Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:24 pm
How a contract extension was ever brought up, much less executed, after watching this dumpster fire I cannot understand. Program is doomed with this HC and staff.
furpal81 liked this
 #45885  by fu77fan
 Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:27 pm
We have lost 7 of our last 9 So Con games.
We beat Wofford and Citadel who both suck worse than we do !

Unbelievable!!!!!
furpal81 liked this
 #45888  by FU3
 Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:09 pm
Here is a statistic that is pretty unique . In the past 2 complete games we have thrown for less than 150 yards.. in total! Makes Sorrels O look like the greatest show on turf.
 #45893  by Affirm
 Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:25 pm
paladinduece wrote:
How a contract extension was ever brought up, much less executed, after watching this dumpster fire I cannot understand. Program is doomed with this HC and staff.
CCH has a long-range plan to be good. Worry not.
 #45895  by paladinduece
 Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:46 pm
affirm wrote:
paladinduece wrote:

Just checking to make sure the kool aid isn’t spiked.
Jasper liked this
 #45896  by FU3
 Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:06 pm
affirm wrote:
paladinduece wrote:

Aren’t you always waxing on about the great fortune we have in the leadership of President Davis. Given her apparent unilateral involvement in other athletic endeavors it is inconceivable that she wasn’t the person who would have authorized the rather strangely timed 5 year CCH contract extension. I guess these moves are more 5 dimensional chess from her … keep us informed.
 #45898  by Jasper
 Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:32 pm
No panic. No need to do anything drastic at all. Furman has suffered through two decades of terrible coaching covering two regimes. Both of those mistakes were the result of not choosing the best available candidate but in choosing someone with a Furman pedigree. Both men were career assistants for 20 years with modest resumes. We have excellent players right now. A good coach could make an immediate, positive difference with this program. Giving the incumbent a raise and an extension was an unforced error. Do not blow up the whole thing because of that mistake. Correct it. Start a comprehensive search for an exciting and energetic young coach with ambition who is on the way up in his career. If he is great, he won’t stay more than 3-4 years than on to the next breakout guy. We have a lot of good kids on this team who deserve better than we have given them.
FU3, FUpaladin08 liked this
 #45900  by FU3
 Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:03 pm
I hope by good young coach you mean an O Coordinator because there is absolutely no way FU has the capacity to buy out a 4 year HC deal, that just isn’t going to happen.
Davemeister, FU69 liked this
 #45902  by apaladin
 Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:48 pm
paladinduece wrote:
I think JD gave the extrndion knowing it would be hard to justify it at years end if things didn’t go well which had a high probabilty chance. I mean who wants to go thru the headache of a coaching search?
 #45903  by Affirm
 Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:55 pm
FU3 wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:06 pm
affirm wrote:
paladinduece wrote:

Aren’t you always waxing on about the great fortune we have in the leadership of President Davis. Given her apparent unilateral involvement in other athletic endeavors it is inconceivable that she wasn’t the person who would have authorized the rather strangely timed 5 year CCH contract extension. I guess these moves are more 5 dimensional chess from her … keep us informed.
Answering your question: No.
Answering your directive: No.
 #45904  by FUpaladin08
 Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:01 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
If you have any belief that Jace is our QB of the future, he needs to be on the field every chance he gets. Musical quarterbacks add to the inconstancy. Time to win or lose with Jace at this point in the season.
Eh while I agree we need to stick with one QB, the change today didn’t lose the game. The offense finally scored enough to win. I’d even challenge yall to pull the box scores of the games this year, cover the QB name with your thumb, and guess if it’s Hamp or Jace. QB play has been mediocre this year and it hasn’t really mattered who’s back there. I’d argue that’s bc the OL has been somewhere between inconsistent and awful, causing the running game to be inconsistent. We’ve been able to score when we’ve been able to run the ball. I will say that the best game at QB this year belongs to Hamp against NC A&T.

I’m not completely up on the redshirt rules but we might not see Jace the rest of the year. He got some great snaps and is better for it, but I do think he took snaps in 5 games. So again, not sure if redshirt rules are snaps or games. If he preserved his redshirt and got critical playing time then kudos to the CCH. If he lost his redshirt against UTC I’d question CCH on that.
din23 liked this
 #45909  by apaladin
 Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:35 pm
FUpaladin08 wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:01 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Eh while I agree we need to stick with one QB, the change today didn’t lose the game. The offense finally scored enough to win. I’d even challenge yall to pull the box scores of the games this year, cover the QB name with your thumb, and guess if it’s Hamp or Jace. QB play has been mediocre this year and it hasn’t really mattered who’s back there. I’d argue that’s bc the OL has been somewhere between inconsistent and awful, causing the running game to be inconsistent. We’ve been able to score when we’ve been able to run the ball. I will say that the best game at QB this year belongs to Hamp against NC A&T.

I’m not completely up on the redshirt rules but we might not see Jace the rest of the year. He got some great snaps and is better for it, but I do think he took snaps in 5 games. So again, not sure if redshirt rules are snaps or games. If he preserved his redshirt and got critical playing time then kudos to the CCH. If he lost his redshirt against UTC I’d question CCH on that.
Say it again. Jace played the last quarter or so of the Mercer game. He started 4 games. He is not eligible for a redshirt. I think you are missing the point on the qb situation. HS is not going to get any better. JW may or may not get better and that is why he should be playing to find out. Not saying JW is better but he might have an upside but HS does not. Neither can throw the ball efficiently and that is a huge problem.
FU69 liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.