• Citadel Game

#44701  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:18 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:16 pm
Wynn is dressed, but doesn't look like he was in the first two series.
YEP - I asked about that if you recall.. I was told he was fine..

We shall see - and I hope he is fine, but some FUBeAR or so told me "hey, keep running him 30+ times in a game that we have" that is not aging well

on another point if Gilby is out a while on concussion etc... that 3 of our front 7 ! Sochovka and Gilby and Wilkins - that's really getting thin... any more front 7 injuris and we are hurtin'

we look good !!! but Wynn... Sochovka.... Gilby (concussion?) and Wilkins - only Wynn am I sure we get back, I think. 3/4 starters is hard on a 63 scholarship FCS team. actually we are playing 5 down until Clay returns at half... Hope Wynn, Gilby and Wilkins are fine !!
Last edited by gofurman on Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #44707  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:53 pm
anyway, did Gilby walk off on his own power? I am on TV and they cut away... I sure hope so. How did he look? (and NO, that's not easy to find as it is not participation etc - I am wondering if he walked off or needed a lot of help etc) ?? thanks in advance!
 #44708  by The Jackal
 Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:54 pm
I've not really seen where the Citadel is going to stop us without help from miscues.

The defense has settled in and figured out what the Bulldogs are doing.

Furman substituting heavily on defense
 #44710  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:05 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:54 pm
I've not really seen where the Citadel is going to stop us without help from miscues.

The defense has settled in and figured out what the Bulldogs are doing.

Furman substituting heavily on defense
no jinx - D doing a GReat JOB !! hate that we jumped but once we did it was right to punt
 #44712  by Ltcfitz
 Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:06 pm
gofurman wrote:
anyway, did Gilby walk off on his own power? I am on TV and they cut away... I sure hope so. How did he look? (and NO, that's not easy to find as it is not participation etc - I am wondering if he walked off or needed a lot of help etc) ?? thanks in advance!
He did walk off on his own. The announcers speculated he went into the tent for concussion protocol. No update that I've heard.
gofurman liked this
 #44713  by Ltcfitz
 Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:08 pm
gofurman wrote:
Ltcfitz wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:32 pm
No more unbeatens in the SoCon.
Are those Adluh grits? :)
gofurman wrote:
Is there any other?
He did walk off on his own. The announcers speculated he went into the tent for concussion protocol. No update that I've heard.
 #44715  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:12 pm
Ltcfitz wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:08 pm
gofurman wrote:
Ltcfitz wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:32 pm
No more unbeatens in the SoCon.
Are those Adluh grits? :)
gofurman wrote:
Is there any other?
Nope.. Adluh is the only grits!!!

Ltcfitz , thank you for a calm and reasonable response. I appreciate the information. Why can't we all just get along? Some people wont even reply to PMs. You reply publicly in a calm manor - that is rare at times here.
 #44717  by Kennypowers
 Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:23 pm
Nice half by the new QB but need to work on accuracy obviously. Hey Furman......run a little more. Such bad D
 #44718  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:27 pm
Yeah, that last two minutes was a little ugly.. we missed a wide open WR or two and then allowed a huge pass reception (blown coverage?).. man, thankful for FG miss !!

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.