• Injuries

#44384  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:03 pm
FYI. I meant INJURIS

WYNN ???

#5 Wilkins ?

Sochovka out for year

DM If you prefer. Any info on Wynn or Wilkins ??
Last edited by gofurman on Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #44385  by gman84
 Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:07 pm
Everyone is fine! Partying like rockstars as we speak! Hey genie in the bottle...give me one more semester in college!
FUBeAR liked this
 #44387  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:11 pm
gman84 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:07 pm
Everyone is fine! Partying like rockstars as we speak! Hey genie in the bottle...give me one more semester in college!
Even Wilkins? I didn’t thunk he played at LB today??

Someone said Wynn turned his ankle on last play. Anyone? For note up 15 or 22 I’m not big on super important starters still running. Glad to have that option but two reasons to get them out. Protect starter. Get PT for backup so they are more ready .
Last edited by gofurman on Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #44389  by gman84
 Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:14 pm
It was a joke of an answer. Have no clue about Wilkins. Party on!
gofurman liked this
 #44391  by The Jackal
 Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:26 pm
Wilkins wasn't dressed out.

Wynn went down late, but looked like he grabbed his hamstring. Radio guys said he was gassed. Walked off the field on his own.

Only injury I saw during the game may have been Luke Clark, who had an out of control runner on a kickoff barrel into his legs.
 #44392  by tim
I talked to Wynn after the game. He was smiling, hugging, dancing around. Didn't mention any injury, didn't act hurt at all.
FUBeAR, gman84 liked this
 #44395  by dornb
 Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:55 pm
Marcus McMorris said during the game that Luke Clark had a sore knee - nothing serious.
apaladin liked this
 #44398  by The Jackal
 Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:16 pm
Without Wilkins, I was trying to figure out who else played at SPUR today. Caden Richards looked to get most of the snaps, but I also see where Achina, a freshman, got his first action.
 #44402  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:57 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:16 pm
Without Wilkins, I was trying to figure out who else played at SPUR today. Caden Richards looked to get most of the snaps, but I also see where Achina, a freshman, got his first action.
Jackal. Thank you. I too think it was Caden Richards
 #44403  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:00 pm
The Jackal wrote:

Wynn went down late, but looked like he grabbed his hamstring. Radio guys said he was gassed. Walked off the field on his own.

Only injury I saw during the game may have been Luke Clark, who had an out of control runner on a kickoff barrel into his legs.
The Wynn thing emphasizes my dislike of his last run or two. A hammy can put you out for 6 weeks. MANY injuries Occur upon fatigue. this has been proven in sports. Muscle pulld or you get lazy in the way you make.a cut. The game was basically over at that point. I don’t think he should have been in. Also, Show you trust the others. Give them good reps. .

Let him rest. Protect key guys and then all starters at that point.
 #44404  by FUPlayer74
 Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:10 pm
gofurman wrote:
The Jackal wrote:

The Wynn thing emphasizes my dislike of his last run or two. A hammy can put you out for 6 weeks. MANY injuries Occur upon fatigue. this has been proven in sports. Muscle pulld or you get lazy in the way you make.a cut. The game was basically over at that point. I don’t think he should have been in. Also, Show you trust the others. Give them good reps. .

BS, we're playing Wofford. Put the hammer down, beat their eyes out. We've got a stable of running backs.
FUBeAR, QCGlue liked this
 #44406  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:26 pm
FUPlayer74 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:10 pm
gofurman wrote:
The Jackal wrote:

BS, we're playing Wofford. Put the hammer down, beat their eyes out. We've got a stable of running backs.
So you will risk Wynn (clearly the best - that’s without debate per our coaches choice to run him so much vs others) for one or two extra runs? What’s the risk return?

AND your premise insults the other backs as if they couldn’t do a good job on a last run or three. I personally trust the other backs to finish the game. I would think you would too

Also the coaches reaction where I think even CCH came out to look at Wynn shows how much that scared the shizzle out of them when he went down. It shouldn’t take a scare to make a coach realize “maybe this guy shouldn’t be in here now”.

If you trust the OL then you would be fine giving it to others. I trust the OL
 #44407  by FUPlayer74
 Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:37 pm
GF, I've been around long enough to know what you are up to. I'll say this. Wynn plays because he's our best. The game wasn't over and Wofford had scored earlier on quick hitters. CCH checks all his players on injuries. You can get hurt shaving . Since when have you trusted the OL?
Enjoy the win if you can.
FUBeAR, furman88 liked this
 #44412  by gofurman
 Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:39 am
FUPlayer74 wrote:
GF, I've been around long enough to know what you are up to. I'll say this. Wynn plays because he's our best. The game wasn't over and Wofford had scored earlier on quick hitters. CCH checks all his players on injuries. You can get hurt shaving . Since when have you trusted the OL?
You all CLEARLY don’t get me or my trust of the OL. Check my PRIOR post 44338 where I applaud the OL no less than SSSIIIXXX (6!!!!!) times. I applauded the OL more than ANYONE in ANY post. Case closed. Winner - go Furman. Show me anyone that applauded the OL SIX times prior to now. Hint - you won’t find it. I trusted them t

Don’t argue. Check my post 44338. I wore knee pads for the OL. :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o

Don’t trust yall will actually check my post so here it is for you. -

“ Quote =gofurman post_id=44338 time=1633813338 user_id=227]
Agree w above.

Great. OL. OL. OL. that’s what won the game
Wynn. Because of him and OL. OL. OL

Wilson. In control. No int !!

Grey pants? Hmm
 #44419  by gofurman
 Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:59 am
gofurman wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:39 am
FUPlayer74 wrote:
You all CLEARLY don’t get me or my trust of the OL. Check my PRIOR post 44338 where I applaud the OL no less than SSSIIIXXX (6!!!!!) times. I applauded the OL more than ANYONE in ANY post. Case closed. Winner - go Furman. Show me anyone that applauded the OL SIX times prior to now. Hint - you won’t find it. I trusted them t

Don’t argue. Check my post 44338. I wore knee pads for the OL. :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o

Don’t trust yall will actually check my post so here it is for you. -

“ Quote =gofurman post_id=44338 time=1633813338 user_id=227]
Agree w above.

Great. OL. OL. OL. that’s what won the game
Wynn. Because of him and OL. OL. OL

Wilson. In control. No int !!

Grey pants? Hmm

And I LOVED the win. Texted many friends (both :D :D ) about it ! That said, I live in reality. Let’s see what happens w Citadel, ETSU and Chatt
apaladin, Affirm liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.