• "Gameday Experience" Survey

#43977  by Davemeister
 Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:07 am
Furman reached out on-line yesterday to gauge the reaction to Saturday's experience. It was a very detailed survey and touched on just about everything, good & bad.

I gave generally good marks, with the exception of Parking, Metal Detectors, Long Lines for concessions, and Food Quality (hot dogs look like somebody sat on them in a vain attempt to re-warm them).

I hope all of you will participate with your feed-back and that those in charge will take steps to correct the problems. Kudos for at least asking.
 #43978  by FUBeAR
 Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:32 am
Davemeister wrote:
Furman reached out on-line yesterday to gauge the reaction to Saturday's experience. It was a very detailed survey and touched on just about everything, good & bad.

I gave generally good marks, with the exception of Parking, Metal Detectors, Long Lines for concessions, and Food Quality (hot dogs look like somebody sat on them in a vain attempt to re-warm them).

I hope all of you will participate with your feed-back and that those in charge will take steps to correct the problems. Kudos for at least asking.
FUBeAR completed his immediately.
Parking - I try to arrive very early and have Green Lot pass. So, no issues … for FUBeAR
Metal Detectors - 1st time ‘pass’…really wasn’t too bad. Hopefully, will get better with ‘reps’
Food Quality - FUBeAR eats hearty @ Tailgate, so no food experience

Long lines for Concessions - yep…called ‘em out on this. OTOH, though my intent is to get a beer and return to my seat in the stadium, I see the lines & sail on by down to Wicked Weed End Zone…no lines & FUBeAR loves the view of the OL this provides, but I am ‘forced’ to leave my stadium seat location kinda prematurely.
 #43979  by apaladin
 Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:50 am
Filled it out last night. Only real complaint was the long lines at the concession stands. Just passed, not worth missing a quater of football. Don’t know what they can do.
 #43982  by FUBeAR
 Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:30 am
apaladin wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:50 am
Filled it out last night. Only real complaint was the long lines at the concession stands. Just passed, not worth missing a quater of football. Don’t know what they can do.
Also, as noted, just passed ‘em by…but from WWEZ experience…

1 booth on visitors side was cash only. Main EZ booth accepts plastic, but have to finger-sign for transaction & must swipe/insert card.

So…if same @ main concessions … all vendors needs fast transaction tech - tap/no-touch & no-sig req’d. All outlets need to accept plastic - faster than cash when done right.

I like that they don’t have a ‘spin & add tip’ component as some places do. Put a tip jar on the counter - we ain’t got time for that…we got Football to watch. You handed me a beer; you didn’t uncork, decant my wine, recommend the foie gras, etc.

And…all of the people manning/womanning those booths have been wonderful. Makes a HUGE difference.

Finally - what about an old-school touch? - In-stands vendors with mobile plastic transaction devices. FUBeAR would be happy to pass along some of his tricks of the trade to the peeps walking the aisles delivering 1st Aid to thirsty Paladin Patrons.
hypercycloid liked this
 #43986  by Affirm
 Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:06 pm
Davemeister wrote:

Submitted mine last night, soon as I saw it.
 #43990  by fupaladin01
 Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:39 pm
I made sure to mention the rap (I'm sure I'm not alone in that being my LEAST favorite musical genre) and the audio-visual issues we seem to experience week-in, week-out. Overall many somewhat/Highly satisfied marks from me. Very glad they're asking for feedback.
 #43993  by Affirm
 Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:05 pm
fupaladin01 wrote:
I made sure to mention the rap (I'm sure I'm not alone in that being my LEAST favorite musical genre) and the audio-visual issues we seem to experience week-in, week-out. Overall many somewhat/Highly satisfied marks from me. Very glad they're asking for feedback.
Would you prefer classical music for watching an in person football game?
Would you prefer country? I’m sure country music would satisfy more of the local population than any other genre.
I’m for whatever genre, if any, gets our players excited to play their best.
 #43995  by apaladin
 Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:19 pm
Really need a new video board. I think the last on was a gift from the Greenville Drive? It is really small. Better than what we had but still small. I sit on the opposite end from the scoreboard. Since the scoreboard is relatively small why can’t it be moved closer to the stands?
 #43996  by Furmanoid
 Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:32 pm
affirm wrote:
fupaladin01 wrote:
Would you prefer classical music for watching an in person football game?
Would you prefer country? I’m sure country music would satisfy more of the local population than any other genre.
The rap is inescapable. Yesterday in the middle of a HS tennis match the adjacent stadium started blaring rap so loud the girls could barely hear each other call scores. That was pregame for MIDDLE SCHOOL football in a part of the state famous for redneckness. If middle school kids can’t function without rap during their warmups, there is no way you can take it away from college players. The union won’t allow it.
FUBeAR liked this
 #43998  by Davemeister
 Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:14 pm
affirm wrote:
Instead of a "Turnover/Takeaway Crown" we should let players who score points or get us the ball name their tune for the Jukebox.
 #43999  by Davemeister
 Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:18 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:32 am
I see the lines & sail on by down to Wicked Weed End Zone… but I am ‘forced’ to leave my stadium seat location kinda prematurely.
As The Bear sayeth & I can second, you don't buy Wicked Weed . . . you "rent" it.
 #44001  by apaladin
 Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:09 pm
Regardless of what music is played the sound system needs upgrading. At one time wasn’t there speakers on top of the field house?
 #44024  by The Jackal
 Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:16 am
Davemeister wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:14 pm
affirm wrote:
Instead of a "Turnover/Takeaway Crown" we should let players who score points or get us the ball name their tune for the Jukebox.

If can find the end zone, give the man a "touchdown scepter" and let him lead the offense on parade down the sideline.
 #44029  by MNORM
 Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:21 am
apaladin wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:09 pm
Regardless of what music is played the sound system needs upgrading. At one time wasn’t there speakers on top of the field house?
YES!!! Our "sound system" (i.e. that crappy, static-ridden speaker) is embarrassing.
bj93 liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.