• The Big Nasties

#2672  by Paul C
 Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:02 pm
In honor of the original Big Nasty, the preview of of our DL

http://www.furmanpaladins.com/sports/m- ... 0808paqwzm

Appears London Lewis, a top recruit from a few years ago has left the program. Still have more depth than I can remember and also looks like our 5’9” Freshman DT might work his way into the rotation.
 #2673  by FUBeAR
 Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:13 pm
Paul C wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:02 pm
Appears London Lewis, a top recruit from a few years ago has left the program.
I’m assuming you’re saying that because he was not mentioned in the article...or do you have other knowledge that he is definitely gone?

He is still listed on the online roster and my sense is that they typically pull them off from there pretty quickly when there is a ‘certain’ departure.

Could he, instead, maybe, be on a “leave of absence” kind of thing and, therefore, not mentioned...but also not ‘gone?’ He’s not an active Tweeter, but I see a couple of fairly recent Tweets/Retweets which could be interpreted as he might be working through some things right now, but no certainty to that in the complicated world of the Twitterverse.

I REALLY liked the looks of him, when he was a late ‘flip’ from Liberty and was a little surprised he didn’t get on the field early as he seemed to have a rather mature frame. Hate to see him go, but hope the best for his future either way. Have had the pleasure of getting to know quite a few St. Pius kids & their Families quite well from my Maconga experiences. Typically, some of the finest people one could know.
 #2674  by Paul C
 Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:36 pm
If Taylor Hodge can make an impact as a 5’9”DT he may very well become my favorite player....
FUBeAR liked this
 #2675  by Flagman
 Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:43 am
Taylor is having dinner with us Saturday. I hope I bought enough groceries.
QCGlue liked this
 #2678  by The Jackal
 Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:50 am
Paul C wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:36 pm
If Taylor Hodge can make an impact as a 5’9”DT he may very well become my favorite player....
I played center in high school. I would every day rather play a poorly coached 6'3 285 lbs defensive lineman that a shorter more compact agile player that knew what he was doing.

The write up did also suggest that Furman (as several others noted during the season) made a big effort to rotate a ton of defensive linemen into and out of the game. I suppose the benefit is getting guys in there that can go max effort for a shorter number of plays than having the same guys play every snap for four quarters.

Frankly, if Hodges, as a freshmen, can work his way into playing time after 2 days of camp with the depth we have on the DL, you can rest assured the kid can play.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.