• Game Times Please

#41407  by apaladin
 Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:27 pm
Seven weeks until the first home game. Would be nice to know kickoff times. Only FU, ETSU and Sammy in the SoCon have yet to annouce any home KO times. #letusknow
 #41408  by Roundball
 Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:11 pm
The Tennessee Tech game is at 2:30 (CST). I was in Cookeville the past few days to visit our son, daughter-in-law and new grandchild. Seems as though the community really gets behind their football program. The stadium holds 16,000. Should be a good atmosphere. It’s about a 5 hour drive from Greenville.
Last edited by Roundball on Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gman84, FU69 liked this
 #41409  by Flagman
 Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:59 pm
apaladin wrote:
Seven weeks until the first home game. Would be nice to know kickoff times. Only FU, ETSU and Sammy in the SoCon have yet to annouce any home KO times. #letusknow
NC State is a 7:30 pm start.
 #41413  by apaladin
 Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:58 pm
Yes these road game times have been known for a coupke of weeks along with road games at WCU and UTC. Was talking about home games. I know CCH likes early games so guessing all will be either 1 or 2 but would like to know but sure would be nice if the first game was 6 or 7.
 #41420  by The Jackal
 Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:35 pm
apaladin wrote:

I don't even know what time I'm supposed to meet someone tomorrow and you're stressed over kickoff times two months away?

Since Clay Hendrix took over the program, Furman has never kicked off a home game later than 2:00. You could probably be pretty safe planning for between 1:00 and 2:00, which has been the window for every home kickoff since 2017 except, I think, one game (12:00 kick against UTC this spring).
Roundball, gman84, FU69 liked this
 #41421  by Roundball
 Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:44 am
apaladin wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:58 pm
Yes these road game times have been known for a coupke of weeks along with road games at WCU and UTC. Was talking about home games. I know CCH likes early games so guessing all will be either 1 or 2 but would like to know but sure would be nice if the first game was 6 or 7.
Just assume every game will be at 1:00 or 2:00. If not, act accordingly. Keep in mind that the most P5 schools don’t know the game time until the week of the game. Man, some fans are so spoiled. They need to enjoy the fact we are playing football, there will be tailgating, we don’t have to wear a mask, and a full house is possible.
 #41422  by AstroDin
 Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:25 am
I have no idea if this is a correct line of thinking.

In the interview, Clay gave a month or so ago he talked about depth not being a factor in the spring.
He basically went on to say they've built this team with depth in my mind.

If you feel one advantage you have is quality depth, you want to use that to your advantage.
1 PM to 2 PM kickoffs in the south in September are hot.
That said — I can remember sweating bullets during a night several years back.
 #41423  by Furmanoid
 Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:03 am
The temperature has been weirdly pleasant so far this summer down here. At night it is almost cool. Has it been normal in Greenville or a little cool? I’m dreaming of nice cool 90 degree August with a wintry 85 or so in September.
 #41424  by The Jackal
 Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:30 am
Furmanoid wrote:
The temperature has been weirdly pleasant so far this summer down here. At night it is almost cool. Has it been normal in Greenville or a little cool? I’m dreaming of nice cool 90 degree August with a wintry 85 or so in September.

All of you thin blooded people from imminently temperate climates like Atlanta and Greenville.
 #41426  by Roundball
 Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:45 am
I remember years ago a coach on the staff now telling me they prefer early afternoon games for two main reasons. First, the players don't have to sit around all day waiting for a late game. The second and most important factor was to allow the players and coaches time to spend quality time with their families after a game. That alone is the perfect reason to play every game early in the afternoon.
Davemeister, FU69 liked this
 #41427  by FUBeAR
 Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:03 am
Roundball wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:45 am
I remember years ago a coach on the staff now telling me they prefer early afternoon games for two main reasons. First, the players don't have to sit around all day waiting for a late game. The second and most important factor was to allow the players and coaches time to spend quality time with their families after a game. That alone is the perfect reason to play every game early in the afternoon.
Yep - as a Player & Coach, very early afternoon is ideal for exactly those reasons.

As a fan - in order to travel to games / tailgate, later in the afternoon is better.

So…2 to 3 PM kickoffs are a nice compromise & best for all, IFB’sHO.
Roundball, FU69 liked this
 #41428  by apaladin
 Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:24 am
Furmanoid wrote:
Yes here in Greenville it has not been extremely hot so far, rather mild compared to what it can be.
 #41552  by cavedweller2
 Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:13 pm
All home games at 2:00 except for the bellhops which is at 6:00.
 #41554  by apaladin
 Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:29 pm
Can someone please explain the reasoning for having a 2PM game Sept. 4th when its likely to be 95 degrees then have the first night game in 5 years on Oct. 16th which is likely to be pleasant in the afternoon and could be chilly at night? Maybe TV is the reason, maybe Citadel is SoCon game of the week?

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.