• Other SoCon Games

#37435  by apaladin
 Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:22 pm
Wofford fumbles a punt with under 2 to go in the half and Utc recovers at the one and scores go ahead TD. 14-10 at half.
 #37437  by gofurman
 Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:29 pm
Go UTC !

See the top tier as .. Furman Chatt Woff
Citadel as able to beat anyone ?
Others lower
Western bottom ?
 #37438  by apaladin
 Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:31 pm
Sammy 14 WCU 7 first quarter. WCU is really bad. No defense at all.
 #37777  by gofurman
 Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:22 am
yes Woff lost to Chatt who looks pretty good.. but also the Bellhops lost to Mercer which surprised me a little. That's good too

Chatt may be the 'current' team to beat. I watched and they looked pretty good but not unbeatable. Beat Woff 300yds - 200yds. Strong D by Chatt - allowed Woff 150 yds on the ground and 50 by air. Nice. Chatt had only 300 yds and struggled to run w 39 rush attempts for 2 yds per... not good, but the passing was efficient with 15-25-0 and 200+ yards.
 #37803  by FUBeAR
 Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:28 pm
Wofford “postponing” home game vs. ETSU this week...

“Wofford has dropped below the guideline of available players at a specific position group due to a combination of player COVID opt-outs and injuries.”
 #37808  by Furmanoid
 Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:18 pm
FUBeAR wrote:

“Wofford has dropped below the guideline of available players at a specific position group due to a combination of player COVID opt-outs and injuries.”
So it sounds like they just don’t want to play anymore.
QCGlue liked this
 #37809  by FUBeAR
 Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:29 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:

I been cogitatin’ on this a bit. I think they are short-handed in the D-Line.

But they have a full complement of LB’s & 4 of those are >230 lbs.
They also run a 4-3 & 4-2 package as an alternate to their Base 3-4.
230 is plenty big enough for DE in a 4 man front - and they have enough lead-britches to field 4+ DT’s, I believe.
So...if they wanted to, they could play.
They don’t want to face ETSU’s Running game without their full complement of Defensive FatBoyz - not with 1 SoCon loss on their record already. Conklin has his resume to consider, y’know.

I could be wrong, but there’s where I’ve landed on this.
QCGlue liked this
 #37810  by Furmanoid
 Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:59 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:29 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:

I been cogitatin’ on this a bit. I think they are short-handed in the D-Line.

But they have a full complement of LB’s & 4 of those are >230 lbs.
They also run a 4-3 & 4-2 package as an alternate to their Base 3-4.
230 is plenty big enough for DE in a 4 man front - and they have enough lead-britches to field 4+ DT’s, I believe.
So...if they wanted to, they could play.
They don’t want to face ETSU’s Running game without their full complement of Defensive FatBoyz - not with 1 SoCon loss on their record already. Conklin has his resume to consider, y’know.

I could be wrong, but there’s where I’ve landed on this.
Seems like they could also put ol fat guys in to play DT if they wanted to. D line is sorta like O line for dumb guys.
FUBeAR liked this
 #37811  by FUBeAR
 Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:47 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:59 pm
D line is sorta like O line for dumb guys.
EXACTLY!
 #37817  by FUBeAR
 Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:37 pm

“We’re not sitting here feeling sorry for ourselves.”

#37827  by FUBeAR
 Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:37 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:19 pm
Just hard to believe. Let some redshirts play.
Like a Ronco commercial...Wait, there’s more...

Conklin knew & told the media he had a possible DL depth issue 4 weeks ago...

And, today, he said he was “considering” doing something to address an issue he’s known about for 4 weeks...

Meanwhile, Woffy skates away, without taking an L, from a Team whose RB’s avg. almost 7 yards/carry...because the YardYappers’ Coaching Staff didn’t address a known issue...between job interviews. Instead, the MiniMutts get an extra week to lick their wounded hindquarters from the a$$-whippin’ Chatt put on ‘em...before they play 2 Teams that don’t run the ball - over a 3 week span. This way they won’t need a DL until April, when they face the 2 worst Teams in the SoCon (IMO) before they see if it makes % points sense to play Furman or Covid out (without Covid) again.

Coaching malpractice & Covid-malfeasance IMO. Pure horse manure!!!
 #37831  by FurmAlum
 Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:45 pm
Agree that is total BS! Can't believe they can get away with this.

They don't wanna play, then it's a FORFEIT. Simple.
AstroDin, QCGlue liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.