• Playoffs Today

#22480  by purplehorse
 Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:53 pm
Furman coaches should watch Weber State-Kennesaw State game to see how to stop the triple option.

Weber State is also much more physical than the Furman football team.

KS still could have won except for a fumble recovery TD by Weber State. They belonged.
QCGlue liked this
 #22483  by FurmAlum
 Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:06 pm
purplehorse wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:53 pm
Furman coaches should watch Weber State-Kennesaw State game to see how to stop the triple option.

Weber State is also much more physical than the Furman football team.

KS still could have won except for a fumble recovery TD by Weber State. They belonged.
Monmouth and SE La. should be horsewhipped for giving up that many points. No way we would have given up 73 and 66. We didn't give up that many vs two FBS schools combined.

Pulling for APSU tonight.
 #22485  by tya1
 Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:44 pm
Austin Peay leads 21-0 in the first quarter over Sacramento State.
 #22487  by fufanatic
 Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:59 pm
So Austin Peay is good, and the middle of FCS is garbage compared to the elite of FCS. Some of those scores were embarrassing. That’s a tough pill to swallow. We have a long way to go.
Affirm, gofurman liked this
 #22494  by fufanatic
 Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:27 pm
I guess the question is ... do we think we could have beaten Sac St. I say yes, but Montana State would have smoke us ... again. Austin Peay is legit. They will give a lot of teams trouble. Maybe they go to NDSU in semis?
 #22495  by purplehorse
 Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:32 pm
It rained all day today in Sacramento until game time. AP QB (Craig) said in post-game last week that their coach (Hudspeth)said that he (Craig) always played better in inclement weather. I bet they were extremely confident and licking their chops that they had a QB who excelled in the rain while Furman had issues in the rain.

If AP (up 21-0 at half) holds on it shows that they are no paper tiger. But it does not change much about our deficiencies.
 #22496  by Paul C
 Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:37 pm
APSU beating #4 Sac St far worse than they beat us. At half APSU has advantage in total yards 295-60. They have talent and are on a roll.

Makes me feel a little better
 #22498  by fufanatic
 Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:50 pm
HOW did this team lose to ETSU????
 #22499  by apaladin
 Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:16 pm
fufanatic wrote:
It's all about the QB. That was his second full game. If it wasn't for their defense and special teams they would have lost to Mercer the week before too. Since those early games their QB has gotten better each game. If you don't have good and consistent QB play you are going to struggle as we all kow.
Jasper liked this
 #22501  by The Jackal
 Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:39 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:16 pm
fufanatic wrote:
It's all about the QB. That was his second full game. If it wasn't for their defense and special teams they would have lost to Mercer the week before too. Since those early games their QB has gotten better each game. If you don't have good and consistent QB play you are going to struggle as we all kow.
Javaughn Craig is also a senior. That helps too.
 #22503  by fufanatic
 Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:54 pm
I feel so much better if I’m being honest. And makes me think southern FCS teams aren’t far off from at least the second level of elite teams. Both KSU and Austin Peay with strong efforts. Will be curious to see what they do in the cold at Montana State next week.
 #22504  by The Jackal
 Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:57 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:54 pm
I feel so much better if I’m being honest. And makes me think southern FCS teams aren’t far off from at least the second level of elite teams. Both KSU and Austin Peay with strong efforts. Will be curious to see what they do in the cold at Montana State next week.

This just bears out what I've said for weeks - there are probably two legit teams in the FCS (JMU and NDSU) and a couple of pretty good ones that won't beat the top two. Everyone else is fair game.

People gave Furman merciless heat for losing to Austin Peay. Watching APSU just steam roll the 4 seed is satisfying. Furman played awful and was at least close for a half. Sac State was pummeled from the first quarter on.
 #22505  by fufanatic
 Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:08 am
And we have to keep in mind that furman is in the top 2-3 smallest schools in the country that actually compete. We will always be fighting uphill, but the top 10 is ours for the taking.
 #22506  by apaladin
 Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:09 am
fufanatic wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:59 pm
So Austin Peay is good, and the middle of FCS is garbage compared to the elite of FCS. Some of those scores were embarrassing. That’s a tough pill to swallow. We have a long way to go.

Don't know about that. 3 of the top 8 lost today. Agree, we have a long way to go. Anyone think FU will be ranked when the final poll is released at the end of the season?

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.