• THE COACHES POLL-JUST AS WE THOUGHT

#21570  by apaladin
 Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:28 am
As has been the case in the past the committee, like they always do took coaches poll the week before the "selection" eliminated the non-participants, the auto qualifiers and the at large bids went to the next teams in line. After the non-participants and auto qualifiers these were the highest ranked teams which became the 14 at-large bids.
3. MONTANA
4. SACRAMENTO ST
5. SOUTHH DAKOTA ST
6. ILLINOIS ST
8. MONTANA ST
9. KENNESAW ST
10. NORTHERN IOWA
11. CENTRAL ARKANSAS
14. VILLANOVA
15. FURMAN
16. SE MISSOURI ST
21. SE LOUISIANA
26. NORTH DAKOTA-Rplaced #20 Towson due to loss
27. ALBANY-Replaced #25 So. Illinois due to loss

#20 Towson and #25 So. Illinois both lost and they were simply replaced by the next 2 in line which was ND and Albany. So, this once again proves there is no "looking" at teams and comparing scores and analyzing teams. The committee once again took the last coaches poll before the field was announced and the 14 at-large bids were the next 14 teams ranked. To think that the committee spends hours looking at teams is laughable.
Affirm, Paladin575 liked this
 #21597  by fufanatic
 Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:01 pm
I really don’t want it to look like I’m defending the committee, but how many teams not ranked in the poll or receiving votes were actually playoff worthy teams? There were probably only 5-6 teams left that had at least a 7-5 record from a marginal to good conference.
 #21601  by gman
 Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:35 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:01 pm
I really don’t want it to look like I’m defending the committee, but how many teams not ranked in the poll or receiving votes were actually playoff worthy teams? There were probably only 5-6 teams left that had at least a 7-5 record from a marginal to good conference.
Another reason to lower the field back to 16 teams.
 #21619  by saltyshaker
 Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:09 pm
hard to compare teams from different conferences I know.but I think Wofford drew a rougher 1st round opponent.i think i'd rather be playing Austin peay on the road than Kennesaw at home.granted if we get by that we have a gauntlet to get to frisco.but on the basis of 1st round opponent maybe losing to Wofford will work out.and for our team I would love to get to frisco.however I think this team is a bit ahead of schedule .and winning just one playoff game would make it a satisfactory season and a strong base on which to build.
 #21631  by FUBeAR
 Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:22 pm
saltyshaker wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:09 pm
hard to compare teams from different conferences I know.but I think Wofford drew a rougher 1st round opponent.i think i'd rather be playing Austin peay on the road than Kennesaw at home.granted if we get by that we have a gauntlet to get to frisco.but on the basis of 1st round opponent maybe losing to Wofford will work out.and for our team I would love to get to frisco.however I think this team is a bit ahead of schedule .and winning just one playoff game would make it a satisfactory season and a strong base on which to build.
I think Woffy or FU curbstomps the li’l hooters @ home. FU has a big challenge @ APSU. Both have big challenges far from home if the 2nd round is attained.

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.