• Positives from today!

#20624  by purplehorse
 Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:13 pm
UTC comeback over Citadel was close to miraculous. IMHO that game means I know we are in the playoffs NOW. Otherwise it was “iffy” depending on the results of the Wofford-Citadel game.

We also can still win a share of the Southern Conference Championship.

Positives from the Furman game:

Nothing on the field per se after our TD play.

Still enjoyed the trip and chatting with different Furman fans including Bootie.

GO FURMAN!
 #20626  by Bootie
 Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:34 pm
It's always fun to go to an away game and visit with fellow Paladin fans. I enjoyed lunch at Ike's today with the welcoming crew of fans there, too. I'll stick with these positives!
Jasper, DeepPurple liked this
 #20627  by Jasper
 Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:39 pm
Bootie wrote:
It's always fun to go to an away game and visit with fellow Paladin fans. I enjoyed lunch at Ike's today with the welcoming crew of fans there, too. I'll stick with these positives!
That would just about cover it.
 #20640  by gofurman
 Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:07 pm
Bootie wrote:
Bootie, now I wish I had gone to Ike’s. Woulda liked to have seen you ! Hope all is well man!
 #20655  by FUpaladin08
 Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:21 pm
paladinduece wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:07 pm
None. One thing this team hasn’t done all year is play physical. I have posted it and gotten a lot of boos but watch the film all year. Furman is a finesse team and that has no place in football.
Except we have. We have put up big time yards several times this season. I do agree the early season success the OL showed seems to be fading. We really pushed around several teams and just had our way (CSU, Mercer, Samford, and VMI). Who knows, maybe that was more finesse running instead of knocking folks off the ball? Either way, when we can’t run or pass we are not gonna win games.
 #20659  by purplehorse
 Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:36 pm
FUpaladin08 wrote:
paladinduece wrote:
None. One thing this team hasn’t done all year is play physical. I have posted it and gotten a lot of boos but watch the film all year. Furman is a finesse team and that has no place in football.
Except we have. We have put up big time yards several times this season. I do agree the early season success the OL showed seems to be fading. We really pushed around several teams and just had our way (CSU, Mercer, Samford, and VMI). Who knows, maybe that was more finesse running instead of knocking folks off the ball? Either way, when we can’t run or pass we are not gonna win games.

No doubt who was the more physical team today. Also they were quite chippy at times. I did not expect us to lay an egg in our biggest game in two years. Wofford had a lot to do with that.
 #20662  by apaladin
 Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:43 pm
purplehorse wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:13 pm

We also can still win a share of the Southern Conference Championship.
Slight correction. We had the opportunity to win the championship today. We now have the chance to back into a share of the title relying on others.
 #20663  by fufanatic
 Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:46 pm
purplehorse wrote:
FUpaladin08 wrote:
paladinduece wrote:

No doubt who was the more physical team today. Also they were quite chippy at times. I did not expect us to lay an egg in our biggest game in two years. Wofford had a lot to do with that.
Very disappointing. And Wofford knew it. Lot of smack talk at the end and nothing we could say. Two stops on 4th and goal. Pretty embarrassing. I hope our players stew about this game for a year.
 #20670  by gman84
 Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:03 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:46 pm
purplehorse wrote:
FUpaladin08 wrote:
paladinduece wrote:

Very disappointing. And Wofford knew it. Lot of smack talk at the end and nothing we could say. Two stops on 4th and goal. Pretty embarrassing. I hope our players stew about this game for a year.
I despise Wofford like no other team. I can’t stand their trash talking and antics, unfortunately they backed it up today. Teams like that need to be punched....we didn’t do it!
FUBeAR liked this
 #20671  by gofurman
 Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:04 pm
paladinduece wrote:
Giving credit where due. Paladindeuce basically told me Wofford (too physical) OL would beat up our DL and our safeties need to be in different position and more aggressive. He literally told me what would happen today before the game was ever played. Man it was like watching him have that pyschic ESP’N or something ...
 #20730  by Davemeister
 Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:43 pm
Biggest positive is that it's over.

I hope & pray we do not go back to Little Dog City in the 2nd Round of the playoffs.

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.