• Hustling a Woffy

#20106  by FurmAlum
 Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:02 pm
The Wofford game reminds me of 2011. My daughter had just graduated from Furman and we took a vacation to the Outer Banks of N.C. We ran into a bunch from Woffy where we were staying. They saw the FU sticker on my car. They were a friendly sort and I got invited to play golf the next day.

The Woffy guy shows up to the first tee with a pair of black shorts and puke yellow shirt with an upside down M on it and asks if I want to play for some cash! (Must have been the purple cap with the diamond F I had on). Ordinarily I would never play anybody for money that I didn't know for obvious reasons, but I couldn't resist this. I told him since he was 20 years younger than me that he had to give me 1 shot on the front and 1 on the back and we would play a 5$ Nassau.

He striped it down the middle about 280 yards on the first hole and I thought, Uh Oh it's going to be a long day for the PURPLE. Fortunately for me all those long drives weren't always straight. I played real good and beat him out of $30. I was nice enough to buy him a beer after the round.

He said something about playing again later in the week, but I told him I was going fishing and wasn't going to play anymore...or in the words of Apollo Creed, "AIN'T GONNA BE NO REMATCH"!!

Vacation to Outer Banks - Several thousand dollars...Hustling a Yardyapper - PRICELESS!!!!

P.S. I forgot to tell him I played on 3 SoCon Championship golf teams at Furman (and I wasn't even a starter)

Then returned to FU for Homecoming 2011 in the fall and got to see a Paladin victory over Woffart. Let's do it again!!
FUKA61, apaladin, dornb and 5 others liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.