• NFL Visits

#19728  by cavedweller2
 Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:28 pm
There's a Steelers scout that sits up high in sections 1 and 2 on a fairly regular basis. He was looking at the big boys on the oline earlier this year.
gofurman, QCGlue liked this
 #19795  by AHB1188
 Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:55 pm
Obviously Atkins has NFL potential and some of the O-lineman are worthy prospects too, but they may be looking at Thomas Gordon as well.
 #19818  by apaladin
 Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:52 am
AHB1188 wrote:
Obviously Atkins has NFL potential and some of the O-lineman are worthy prospects too, but they may be looking at Thomas Gordon as well.
Sad that Atkins when drafted will be drafted and always be known as a Tiger instead of a Paladin. Something just not right about that. :o
 #19829  by fufanatic
 Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:55 am
apaladin wrote:
AHB1188 wrote:
Sad that Atkins when drafted will be drafted and always be known as a Tiger instead of a Paladin. Something just not right about that. :o
Unless someone knows something different, this is pure speculation.
 #19835  by Bootie
 Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:33 am
apaladin wrote:
AHB1188 wrote:
ap what are you talking about?
 #19839  by gman84
 Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:18 am
Somebody mentioned in another thread that he will graduate this spring. If we don't have a grad program that he is interested in then he would be able to transfer. Pure speculation.
 #19845  by gofurman
 Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:15 pm
I THINK it’s a fact he is graduating this year - wow. Three years to graduate w all the practice time. Very impressive. The part about Clemson came from someone posted they spoke w brother and brother said he wanted to play there. So that’s rumor stuff - not an insult to who posted it... just the only fact I THINK we know I s Grayson will finish his undergrad this year

I do agree it would stink to see him in pros say “Grayson Atkins, UT on screen”. He’s forever a Paladin! Either way love his contributions. He is special and can win a close game for us ! One of the Chatt guys on AGS was complimenting him. That punt to the 2 yd line changed the game !!! Love it
 #19863  by FUpaladin08
 Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:36 pm
If Grayson is the one all these folks are coming to visit I wonder if he’ll be able to skip Clemson all together and go pro from Furman. If there’s a position that translates from college to Pro regardless of the college level it would be place kicker and/or punter.

I do agree Okeh might also be getting looks.
 #19916  by aqualung
 Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:54 am
As talented as Grayson is, everyone needs to keep some context here. The power 5 is littered with kickers with comparable talent to Grayson. I disagree that Clempson would be an option for him. Potter is an exceptional talent and he will eventually come around and be a standout for the Tigers. Several other Big 5 would offer better opportunities for him. Only reason it would make sense for him to leave is if FU does not offer the graduate degree that he wants. If that is the case, then leaving is a win-win for him. To just do it in the hopes of improving his NFL chances would not be smart. This can back-fire too. Remember Wofford’s David Marvrin? Grayson definitely has NFL potential but he’s no slam dunk. And yes, it would be horrible to see him on TV on Sundays with some other school next to his name. I hope he stays put.
 #19917  by apaladin
 Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:42 am
I wonder if there is a way and/or if he could scale back his schedule and not graduate in the spring and then take a couple of courses in the fall and graduate in December?
 #19918  by gman
 Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:51 am
apaladin wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:42 am
I wonder if there is a way and/or if he could scale back his schedule and not graduate in the spring and then take a couple of courses in the fall and graduate in December?
Why would he do that?
 #19921  by fufanatic
 Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:05 am
aqualung wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:54 am
As talented as Grayson is, everyone needs to keep some context here. The power 5 is littered with kickers with comparable talent to Grayson. I disagree that Clempson would be an option for him. Potter is an exceptional talent and he will eventually come around and be a standout for the Tigers. Several other Big 5 would offer better opportunities for him. Only reason it would make sense for him to leave is if FU does not offer the graduate degree that he wants. If that is the case, then leaving is a win-win for him. To just do it in the hopes of improving his NFL chances would not be smart. This can back-fire too. Remember Wofford’s David Marvrin? Grayson definitely has NFL potential but he’s no slam dunk. And yes, it would be horrible to see him on TV on Sundays with some other school next to his name. I hope he stays put.
I agree with virtually everything you said minus the part that power 5 is littered with kickers with comparable talent to GA. I've watched a lot of college football this year, and I've seen very few kickers that are as versatile or accurate as Grayson. In fact, there are some truly awful kickers out there. It's why "college kickers" is joked about weekly on game review shows. I think he would be the guy pretty quickly at many power schools. That said, I do agree that it would be a shame to leave Furman for a bigger school and then somehow not get to play as big a role as he does at Furman. The Wofford kicker you mentioned is a great example ... and there are others.

On an academic note, if he is on pace to graduate in three years, it would not be smart in my opinion to not finish that off and then use his final year of eligibility to get a one-year masters or work towards a masters. If you have an opportunity to get two degrees, take it if you're a student-athlete on scholarship and can either graduate early or redshirt one of your years.

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.