• Around the Southern Conference Today

#19233  by purplehorse
 Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:20 pm
I am not really sure who we want to win the UTC-Wofford game today. If it was unrelated to the conference race I would always pull against Wofford.

-#1)-I think the conference race is going to largely go through Spartanburg regardless. For us to win the conference outright I think largely we are going to have to beat Wofford.

-#2)-I predict Wofford will beat UTC today.
 #19234  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:29 pm
I agree with most of this. If Woff loses they have 2 losses. But could still take our place as champ by beating us and we both have 2 losses thus they have H to H. So win or lose today they can win SoCon if they beat us. However losing today puts them in a precarious at large position

I can’t figure who I am pulling for ...

If Chatt loses it’s at least one conference loss for everyone

I perceive Chatt as slightly less threat to us as they are less a power physical team (our two struggles have been w physicality in ETSU and Citadel). Woff has a much more stout OL and is definitely more physical than Chatt overall.

IE. I think we can certainly win any game or all perhaps but I give us a slightly higher chance v Chatt than Woff. Plus last time we won In Spartanburg was 2006 :shock: It’s a very home team is the winner series w Woff more than most

I find myself pulling for Chatt. Others??? Who are you pulling for in this Woff Chatt game. (Yes Furman obviously)

Chatt has a much tougher road left which comes into play. They have only played ETSU Mercer and western
 #19238  by tya1
 Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:55 pm
Wofford and Chattanooga are tied at 14 at halftime.
ETSU leads Samford 14-7 at the half.
The Citadel leads Mercer 7-3 in the second quarter.
 #19239  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:06 pm
purplehorse wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:41 pm
I think I lean toward UTC winning. Regardless of who wins we control our own destiny if we win out. We really need to beat both UTC and Wofford.
I find myself pulling for Chatt too. Chatt is a far better passing team and the new RB (Freshman) is a tough guy like Devezin (smaller but tough to get down) but Woffs OL is giving Chatt some issues. woff w 180 yards rushing at half !
 #19246  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:40 pm
man - woff wins on a missed two pt by Chatt; I think it hit the Chatt recvr in hands but not sure, I read that ..didnt see it
Last edited by gofurman on Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #19279  by Paul C
 Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:29 pm
gofurman wrote:
man - woff wins on a missed two pt by Chatt; I think it hit the Chatt recvr in hands but not sure, I read that ..didnt see it
 #19288  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:46 pm
Paul C wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:29 pm
gofurman wrote:
despite PaulC teasing me (fairly) for being a Woff apologist.. I REALLY wish the Chatt guy had caught that ball. oh man that is bad.

Interesting both teams got a TD and Chatt went for 2 in the first OT to win or lose. I mighta played one more OT but maybe his D was tired.. I do believe Woff scored in one play in the first OT.

Oh well, it really doesn't affect Furman as said before. Even a two loss Woff could beat us and get the autobid as w two losses they would have the head to head. Granted, a loss today by Woff woulda meant they could not lose to Citadel so it woulda left them with no room for error. They still may not have any room for error - they will be iffy IF they lose to us.

Chatt may have to win out for playoffs now... they could beat us, win out and finish 8-4 with a win over us as top 15 and get in as second Socon team. beating us would give us 2 conference losses and then Woff would take head to head on chatt per today.. but if they beat us Chatt might get in. I don't know. SoCon might get two bids total

I do think WOff is close or is in the polls at 25th or so Monday. All because of one lucky dropped ball.
 #19291  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:15 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:52 pm
Confirms what we sort of already knew - Wofford and UTC's best chance for the post season is to beat Furman. They'l both be gunning for us.
Jackal, yup I agree. While I most care about Furman I also don't want a back-to-back-to-back WOff Socon title thing of 3 in a row. I have heard their broadcasts or TV saying 'Woff is back in their rightful place' and that pains me ... If it isn't us I would rather it be Chatt. I could take Woff getting in playoffs (I have to pull for SoCon strength nationally) but please not 3 straight SoCon titles for them

Recent Topics

Default Avatar TV

by Afurmanfan

Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:36 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:28 pm

Default Avatar Other teams on schedule - upcoming scouting

by gofurman

Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:05 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:22 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.