• Shortfields -

#17385  by gofurman
 Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:45 pm
What did coach say at Shortfields tonight?

thanks in advance for information!
 #17388  by apaladin
 Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:58 am
Vann hurt his knee as we thought and will be out a while. Others, Maples, Kearse, Shifflett, may play. Coach said if you re going to play Saturday you need to practice Tuesday and Wednesday which is contact. Of course if anyone is coming off injury they will limit them.
AstroDin liked this
 #17391  by AstroDin
 Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:56 am
apaladin wrote:
Vann hurt his knee as we thought and will be out a while. Others, Maples, Kearse, Shifflett, may play. Coach said if you re going to play Saturday you need to practice Tuesday and Wednesday which is contact. Of course if anyone is coming off injury they will limit them.
I love listening to Coach. CCH is a breath of fresh air - he talks straight, has some humor, and is passionate.

CCH said a bunch of interesting things. I'm going to post some in the ETSU thread. One thing of interest is he talked about playmakers and getting more playmakers at Furman. This is related to Corey Watkins and how fast he is. The question came up about who's fastest, CCH was careful - knew the players we're listening. He then said based on what I've seen Watkins, Blackshear, maybe Trapp. He then mentioned Anderson - based on drills he's up there - related to Watkins. CCH stated again your not going to catch Watkins in the open field.
Last edited by AstroDin on Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
DeepPurple, gofurman liked this
 #17392  by gofurman
 Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:00 am
x - messed this one up.. as I am apt to do !
Last edited by gofurman on Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
 #17393  by gofurman
 Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:07 am
AstroDin wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:56 am
apaladin wrote:
I love listening to Coach. CCH is a breath of fresh air - he talks straight, has some humor, and is passionate.

CCH said a bunch of interesting things. I'm going to post some in the ETSU thread. One thing of interest is he talked about playmakers and getting more playmakers at Furman. This is related to Corey Watkins and how fast he is. The question came up about who's fastest, CCH was careful - know the players we're listening. He then said based on what I've seen Watkins, Blackshear, maybe Trapp. He then mentioned Anderson and siad based on drills he's up there - related to Watkins. CCH stated again your not going to catch Watkins in the open field.
First, a BIG thanks to Astro and AP for the immediate responses! I knew you all were good guys. :D

This - Love him for this. I HATE coach speak where you get no information. I am not asking for the gameplan. Just some thoughts on who did well, where we could improve etc - CH flat-out said "the OL should have done better" after the VT game. Only if people will note areas for improvement can you believe them when they say an area or guy did well ! Once CH said that about our OL at VT, it made it mean that much more when he commended the OL this week after Mercer ! Great job this week OL

Interesting he talked about getting more playmakers - I asked once here who were our fastest 5 guys (that way not singling any one out)
Last edited by gofurman on Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #17394  by gofurman
 Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:09 am
apaladin wrote:
Did he mention Weems or Austin Jones in any way? This is ok to ask since he mentioned Maples etc.
 #17398  by Jasper
 Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:15 am
gofurman wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Did he mention Weems or Austin Jones in any way? This is ok to ask since he mentioned Maples etc.
He mentioned Jones in his presser yesterday. Wants to play him but he continues to have lingering physical issues. Thought he might play this week.
 #17399  by gofurman
 Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:32 am
Jasper wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:15 am
gofurman wrote:
apaladin wrote:
He mentioned Jones in his presser yesterday. Wants to play him but he continues to have lingering physical issues. Thought he might play this week.
Thanks - CH seems pretty open with this stuff which i LOVE. Not just injuries, I mean who played well and what we need to do better to be elite. Like when he started this year by saying numerous times "we now have the depth to do what we wanted to do before but honestly couldn't". He didn't just say "we are better" - he said specifically why we are better this year.
 #17403  by gofurman
 Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:47 am
Want to say I ask some of these things because i CARE. IE, I hate we haven't seen Weems as he selflessly came back for his R-Sr year to help us. Hope he gets to play sometime as it's (captain obvious but worth stating) different for a freshman who has years left to play