• Coach GQ

#17323  by DeepPurple
 Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:27 am
What a job of coaching that has been done with our QBs, especially DG. He is a baller....gamer for sure! QB coach has done one fine job and our backup is not far behind. Our crowd will only get better. GO FU!
AstroDin, Jasper, FUKA61 and 5 others liked this
 #17347  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:14 pm
Blazejowski, Roberts, Grainger all extremely high QB efficiency ratings each year, nice work GQ!
fufanatic, DeepPurple, Affirm and 2 others liked this
 #17381  by AlValonge
 Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:30 pm
Our QB play has really been improving the last couple of years. D. Grainger is a flat out stud and the sky is the limit when he gets more experience. He has a far better arm that I realized. I would like to continue to see the deep balls because there are plays to be had and we have to keep their DBs' heads on a swivel....
FUKA61, Affirm, dornb and 1 others liked this
 #17409  by Davemeister
 Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:36 am
Double dittos. DG is talent we stole from the FBS and his ceiling is high indeed. Congrats to our coaches for recognizing his potential and snatching him up.
 #17431  by The Jackal
 Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:30 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Double dittos. DG is talent we stole from the FBS and his ceiling is high indeed. Congrats to our coaches for recognizing his potential and snatching him up.
I like to use a Moneyball analogy.

FCS teams cannot feed at the same trough as the FBS powerhouses. Recruiting becomes a more regionalized game with a lot of entrants.

FCS teams have to find market inefficiencies - good players overlooked by bigger schools for whatever reason. A lot of truly great SoCon players were overlooked because of their physical stature, size of their school, position, recent injury history, etc.

Good recruiters identify those guys. Good coaches develop them.
cfbfan82, DeepPurple liked this
 #17450  by gofurman
 Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:37 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:30 pm
Davemeister wrote:
I like to use a Moneyball analogy.

FCS teams cannot feed at the same trough as the FBS powerhouses. Recruiting becomes a more regionalized game with a lot of entrants.

FCS teams have to find market inefficiencies - good players overlooked by bigger schools for whatever reason. A lot of truly great SoCon players were overlooked because of their physical stature, size of their school, position, recent injury history, etc.

Good recruiters identify those guys. Good coaches develop them.
Based on my posts I am sure you could guess I LOVE me some Moneyball - and that sh*t works, as was proven out at the highest level of sports - Using STATISTICS they reinvented if not the very game of baseball itself, then at least the game of baseball team management. They beat a biased system with market inefficiencies as you say.