• Injuris

#17304  by palafan
 Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:57 pm
Any word on 96?
 #17333  by gofurman
 Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:46 am
i hope the young man is OK - I want to say what a great TEAM player he is, switching positions each year.
 #17341  by apaladin
 Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:00 pm
I don't think CCH addressed injuries on his presser this morning. Maybe he will tonight. Vann, Kearse, Maples, Shifflet?
Any others.
 #17342  by gofurman
 Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:02 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:00 pm
I don't think CCH addressed injuries on his presser this morning. Maybe he will tonight. Vann, Kearse, Maples, Shifflet?
Any others.
Weems and Jones - lotta backfield w Kearse, Jones and Weems ... hope everyone gets healthy !!!
 #18167  by fu77fan
 Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:21 pm
Is there a reason Maples has not played since the first game?
Is he injured?
 #18177  by ccoates
 Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:05 pm
FUKA61 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:38 pm
How about Flags---concerned that he may have hurt himself having to wave the flag so much.
Watched the game and caught a shot of Flag and EW in the crowd. From their expressions, they appeared to be discussing the place of Devin Wynn in the Cosmos, which is a subject sufficiently heavy to cause injury.
AstroDin, MNORM liked this
 #18180  by gofurman
 Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:43 pm
fu77fan wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:21 pm
Is there a reason Maples has not played since the first game?
Is he injured?
the two deep has not been super accurate this year.. As was pointed out to me by another person.

- They listed Shiflett on the 2 deep as the back-up WR for 3 weeks and he didn't even dress for any of the 3 weeks. C'mon. He is in shorts on the sideline and you list him on the two deep for 3 consecutive weeks?

- Same w Maples... the listed him on the two-seep for 3 weeks and his standing there in shorts each and every week. Finally, after three weeks of this they take them off the 2 deep (them being both Shiflett and Maples).

- Austin Jones is listed each and every week and never is dressed out (6 weeks now). Now he may well play this week. Maybe he comes in v Citadel. I don't know. I could listen to the 'gamesmanship' argument some but even our coaches apparently finally gave in and took Shiflett and Maples off the two deep..

The farther into the year the more I wonder about a redshirt w those two or three guys like we did w Gilby last year . CH talked about this saying they wanted Gilby last year but when his sprain lasted 6 weeks or so they figured there was no point in playing him by then and use a redshirt.
 #18188  by The Jackal
 Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:12 pm
Hendrix has said that to play Saturday, you have to practice, I think, Tuesday and Wednesday (full contact practices). The game notes come out on Tuesday (before the staff will usually know whether a guy is able to play).

Besides, the game notes are for the media. They aren't routinely updated nor are injury reports expected at this level.
 #18189  by gofurman
 Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:25 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:12 pm
Hendrix has said that to play Saturday, you have to practice, I think, Tuesday and Wednesday (full contact practices). The game notes come out on Tuesday (before the staff will usually know whether a guy is able to play).

Besides, the game notes are for the media. They aren't routinely updated nor are injury reports expected at this level.
I agree w your second point. but point 1 is kind of my (and others) point. If game notes come out on Tues /Wed how do you miss on 3 consecutive weeks? If guy X isn't playing three weeks from now (as was case w both Shiflett and Maples) you at least knew in that first week or two he wasn't playing. I mean they listed Shiflett and Maples as playing for the entire month of September - cmon.. if neither played and STILL aren't playing and don't even dress, you knew those first few weeks on Tuesday's in Setptember they weren't playing. I am fair - The Tuesday decision holds water w, say, Kearse who was listed as -or- and then returned a week later or so. They were off by a week. Sure, makes sense and is reasonable. To list guys as playing (not even an "-or-") and they are still in shorts a month later it was not a "we didn't know by Tuesday thing".

Part of it is clearly cut and paste. Austin Jones says (nothing improper revealed here.. its what is listed on our two deep v Samford) "did not play first three games". That is literally what it says. He hasn't played in any of last 5 or 6 games.. Clearly that's just cut and paste - that's ok, they just need to update it.

Because on others they do ok. As soon as Vann was out they updated all the LBs w Agbenou etc and Owen filling in behind Agbenou.. it was all updated. Very impressive. Just odd how some players just stay on the two-deep mulitple weeks when they clearly aren't playin' and others (Vann) immediately we update everyone and everything correctly.
Jasper liked this
 #18193  by Flagman
 Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:05 pm
FUKA61 wrote:
How about Flags---concerned that he may have hurt himself having to wave the flag so much.
One more score and I may have raised a blister.

At the ETSU game my flagpole broke after our last score. My new pole is heavier. I’ll need a glove.
 #18194  by gofurman
 Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:23 pm
Flagman wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:05 pm
FUKA61 wrote:
One more score and I may have raised a blister.

At the ETSU game my flagpole broke after our last score. My new pole is heavier. I’ll need a glove.
saw you on tv... you are famous !!!
QCGlue liked this
 #18209  by gman84
 Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:01 am
Every year we discuss this topic. I know some folks really like to know who is 1,2 and so forth. Like others have said, the coaches may not know until Wed/Thurs who can go. Their primary focus is to get the guys available ready to play. They are not concerned with the status of the depth chart. The opponent doesn't need to know who may or may not go.
AstroDin, FUKA61 liked this
 #18210  by saltyshaker
 Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:15 am
hopefully with the bye week we can get maples back for the conference run although abrams and others are playing well at rb.more depth never hurts.
 #18212  by The Jackal
 Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:25 am
saltyshaker wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:15 am
hopefully with the bye week we can get maples back for the conference run although abrams and others are playing well at rb.more depth never hurts.
I want to say that was perhaps the first game since Georgia State that we had Wynn, Watkins, and Anderson all available for the whole game.

I'd love to see Maples and Shiflett back. I'm not sure what the status is with Bell, but if he's a full go at some point, that guy can be electric in the passing and return game.

You put a shifty player like Bell rotating into this offense and that's going to give defenses one more headache to worry about.