• Our schedule- hardest to easiest

#16199  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:02 pm
revamped per yesterday

i keep saying Mercer SCARES me. Bobby L can coach when he has a QB. And he has two ... don’t like our schedule as much now because it appears we now play Georgia State who was supposed to be poor FBS and beat TENNESSEE! Then VTECH. THEN MERCER. we could be legit top 20 ( think we are ) and 1-3. It’s looking (per Mercer, Wofford and Samford) like our best/toughest games are all in a row. Next 3. . Though I guess I don’t know much about ETSU and Citadel did a good job. Also, Wofford could change drastically. Maybe they go back to More option. What’s scary for Woff is they have FOURTEEN senior starters this year. Next year they are much younger

Not complaining just objectively:

Toughest to easiest
VTech
Georgia State
Mercer (we struggle w throwing teams and Mercer looked good yesterday)
Wofford? On road, maybe they go back to more runnin’
ETSU?
Chatt
Samford. Been our bugaboo, on road
Citadel.
Western - scary Tyrie
Charleston Southern
VMI
Point

Point is we could easily be 1-3 as a v good team. I just don’t want to see that again. GREAT JOB today !!! I loved it. Just saying VTech is probable loss. GSU will be favored by 15-20 now and knows they can play. Then Mercer who looked top 3 SoCon and plays to our weakness. Probably 50/50 or 60% game. Entirely possible we are 1-3 and I don’t want that pressure to win 7 or 8 straight on the team. We could do it but I said preseasson I would take 2-2 in first 4. Absolutely would esp Mercer

Based on having a game how would you rank our schedule toughest to easierr now? Mercer scares me :D
 #16202  by Paladin91
 Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:35 pm
gofurman wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:02 pm
revamped per yesterday

i keep saying Mercer SCARES me. Bobby L can coach when he has a QB. And he has two ... don’t like our schedule as much now because it appears we now play Georgia State who was supposed to be poor FBS and beat TENNESSEE! Then VTECH. THEN MERCER. we could be legit top 20 ( think we are ) and 1-3. It’s looking (per Mercer, Wofford and Samford) like our best/toughest games are all in a row. Next 3. . Though I guess I don’t know much about ETSU and Citadel did a good job. Also, Wofford could change drastically. Maybe they go back to More option. What’s scary for Woff is they have FOURTEEN senior starters this year. Next year they are much younger

Not complaining just objectively:

Toughest to easiest
VTech
Georgia State
Mercer (we struggle w throwing teams and Mercer looked good yesterday)
Wofford? On road, maybe they go back to more runnin’
ETSU?
Chatt
Samford. Been our bugaboo, on road
Citadel.
Western - scary Tyrie
Charleston Southern
VMI
Point

Point is we could easily be 1-3 as a v good team. I just don’t want to see that again. GREAT JOB today !!! I loved it. Just saying VTech is probable loss. GSU will be favored by 15-20 now and knows they can play. Then Mercer who looked top 3 SoCon and plays to our weakness. Probably 50/50 or 60% game. Entirely possible we are 1-3 and I don’t want that pressure to win 7 or 8 straight on the team. We could do it but I said preseasson I would take 2-2 in first 4. Absolutely would esp Mercer

Based on having a game how would you rank our schedule toughest to easierr now? Mercer scares me :D
Granted that GA State beat a rebuilding TN team, but GSU is very beatable. Saying they will be favored by 15-20 may be a stretch. Mercer has played one game - we beat them last year if you don't remember. And I hate to say it but VA Tech will be coming off a revenge game with ODU - we can play competitive football with them. You're kind of making it out to be a doomsday scenario. Have a little faith.
 #16208  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:20 pm
No one answered my question. What do you see as our games hardest to easiest now that you have. A little information

I HOPE we can win one of next three. VT prob not. Be ecstatic if we beat Mercer. Just saying our schedule is looking really front-loaded
 #16209  by The Jackal
 Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:29 pm
gofurman wrote:
No one answered my question. What do you see as our games hardest to easiest now that you have. A little information

I HOPE we can win one of next three. VT prob not. Be ecstatic if we beat Mercer. Just saying our schedule is looking really front-loaded
It doesn't matter which games are hardest to easiest. There are a lot of good teams in this league and Furman is going to have to show up every week.
gman, MNORM, dornb liked this
 #16210  by gman
 Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:46 pm
gofurman wrote:

All teams have played just one game. There is no way to know which games will be our hardest and which will be our easiest. That is something we can look back on at the end of the season.
 #16219  by gofurman
 Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:33 am
gman wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:46 pm
gofurman wrote:

All teams have played just one game. There is no way to know which games will be our hardest and which will be our easiest. That is something we can look back on at the end of the season.
Gman. Sure. But it’s a common practice for teams and ESPN and announcers (our own announcers do it ) to circle games as big games - meaning tough and key games for the conference etc. if we should just look back after the season ends and only THEN say what games were tough and who played well etc ... why have a message board during the season at all?
 #16223  by Flagman
 Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:18 am
The hardest game is always the next one, even if it’s VMI.
Horse, MNORM, QCGlue liked this