• 2024 Football Schedule - unofficial

#88778  by FUBeAR
 Fri Jul 26, 2024 1:30 pm
apaladin wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 1:00 pm
Two more times, only need Sept. 7 home opener now(hopefully a night game).
Sept. 14th Stetson 2PM should be a hot one.
Nov. 7th at VMI 1:30 PM.
“On September 14, the temperature in Greenville typically ranges from 65°F to 81°F”
Oh no! It might be as high as the low 80’s!!

Hopefully hundreds of EMT’s will be standing by to treat all of the heat stroke victims!!!

#88781  by Flagman
 Fri Jul 26, 2024 2:55 pm
I don't understand why it's so difficult to pick a time and announce it!
apaladin liked this
 #88786  by FUBeAR
 Fri Jul 26, 2024 4:26 pm
apaladin wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 3:46 pm
Say what you will, but if you’re sitting in a stadium at 80 degrees with the sun beaming down, it’s hot. Just sayin’
It was 108 on the field at Chapel Hill in 1980. That was HOT!

Being in Paladin Stadium on a sunny 80 degree Saturday is FUBeAR’s promised land. Add in a few icy cold Wicked Weeds and it’s nirvana. #Blessed
 #88788  by FUTex
 Fri Jul 26, 2024 5:24 pm
I'd say 80 degrees in Paladin Stadium can feel hot enough. Not Bettie Page hot. More like Betty Rubble hot. And I know she's a cartoon, but you gotta admit Betty Rubble is a babe-alona.

You see, when you walk around the parking lot for a few hours eating fried foods and junk snacks, and your only source of hydration is a beverage that's a powerful diuretic, one can feel a bit parched. And then you roll into the stadium and they got those metal benches and the glare from the westerly sun is bouncing off KA rock and nobody will sit near you because of the smell and you get warned about "behavior"... it all adds up to me sitting there alone in the hot sun before eventually passing out from heat exhaustion and ping-ponging down section 1 like a beer can being tossed out of a pickup truck where I land at place where I obstruct the normal flow of foot traffic. Yeah, I know I don't belong there, but where in the hell am I supposed to go when Paladin Stadium and the weather put me there? Its hot.
 #88798  by FUBeAR
 Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:10 am
FUTex wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 5:24 pm
I'd say 80 degrees in Paladin Stadium can feel hot enough. Not Bettie Page hot. More like Betty Rubble hot. And I know she's a cartoon, but you gotta admit Betty Rubble is a babe-alona.

You see, when you walk around the parking lot for a few hours eating fried foods and junk snacks, and your only source of hydration is a beverage that's a powerful diuretic, one can feel a bit parched. And then you roll into the stadium and they got those metal benches and the glare from the westerly sun is bouncing off KA rock and nobody will sit near you because of the smell and you get warned about "behavior"... it all adds up to me sitting there alone in the hot sun before eventually passing out from heat exhaustion and ping-ponging down section 1 like a beer can being tossed out of a pickup truck where I land at place where I obstruct the normal flow of foot traffic. Yeah, I know I don't belong there, but where in the hell am I supposed to go when Paladin Stadium and the weather put me there? Its hot.
Sure, Betty Rubble was a looker, but that Barney Rubble…
gman84 liked this
 #88838  by gofurman
 Mon Jul 29, 2024 12:41 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 4:26 pm
apaladin wrote:
Say what you will, but if you’re sitting in a stadium at 80 degrees with the sun beaming down, it’s hot. Just sayin’
It was 108 on the field at Chapel Hill in 1980. That was HOT!

Being in Paladin Stadium on a sunny 80 degree Saturday is FUBeAR’s promised land. Add in a few icy cold Wicked Weeds and it’s nirvana. #Blessed
you mean Chapel HELL. The 108 confirms it.
 #88912  by FUBeAR
 Fri Aug 02, 2024 2:21 am
Looks like we got the right PFL opponent…

#88913  by apaladin
 Fri Aug 02, 2024 2:24 am
greenvegas wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2024 2:07 pm
Day of game tickets: Can you walk-up after the game has already started and buy a ticket? Where would I buy this ticket after the game has already started?
Probably the visitors side since Timmons would be unavailable. Maybe they will make a temporary place to buy tickets on the home side but wouldn’t count on it.
 #88916  by MNORM
 Fri Aug 02, 2024 9:59 am
apaladin wrote:
Grateful my seats are in the shade from the press box by kickoff...
 #88934  by apaladin
 Sat Aug 03, 2024 7:44 pm
For those worried about the heat during practice season the first week in pads is “supposed” to be with highs in the low to mid 80’s all week so all good.
 #88941  by gofurman
 Sun Aug 04, 2024 12:22 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2024 2:21 am
Looks like we got the right PFL opponent…

Wow

Yeah ooc it’s OLE MISS.. then I think WM.. then CSU (I still recall a serious struggle down in Charleston)…. Then Stetson. We better whoop Stetson

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.