#81996  by The Jackal
 Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:58 pm
gman84 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:17 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:18 pm
Thorny wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:10 pm
30 degrees isn't that cold and I refuse to believe I am tougher than our football players...

I'm not worried about the temperature, elevation, time change, or noise. This is a veteran team and it's going to show.

Agreed. Furman is a veteran group and won't be intimidated by the atmosphere.

I don't know when the team is leaving, but temps are supposed to dip into the 20s on Wednesday night, and I might not be surprised to see the team out practicing that night with temperatures in the 30s.

We don't play a lot of night games, so I would expect us to prepare for that change.
The elevation there is almost exactly that of Boone NC, 3,200/3,300 ft. not an issue. Equipment semi left today, team leaves Thursday.

Coach addressed all these things:

- Altitude won't be a factor. Montana plays at an elevation similar to many areas in the western North Carolina Mountains a short drive away.

- He told the team if you're worried about cold, tell him today and we'll leave you here.

- Furman does spring practice just about as early as any team in the county - often in February. They've trained to play in tough conditions.

- He noted we played a home opener night game against South Carolina. Thought the team handled their atmosphere fine.

- He noted only thing you can do about the crowd is play well.

- He said we've worked for a year to get to this position, and if we're going to let a little cold weather or crowd noise get to us, we're not who he thought we were.

- He said he didn't care about playing on Friday. At AFA they liked to play on short weeks giving their opponent less time to prepare.
Bootie, dornb liked this
 #82028  by purplehorse123
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:00 am
I know we can handle the cold but in all seriousness won’t there be big warmers on the sideline? And will we have over-coats or “whatever they are called” for the players on the sideline?

I cannot imagine what that equipment truck contains.
apaladin, dornb liked this
 #82030  by rudyscribe
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:14 am
missoula mike wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:26 pm
rudyscribe wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:01 pm
If you get to go to Montana and spend a few days around the game, I highly recommend driving the Go-To-The-Sun Road in Glacier National Park if it is open. The most beautiful scenic drive I've every been on.
GTtS is closed for the winter. However there are some nice half day jaunts if you want to get out of the valley to explore. One could take US 93 south from Missoula and have lunch in Hamilton or Darby. An hour or a little more and the Bitterroot Range of mountains covered by snow to your west is Glacier Park like. Or head up State Hwy 200 to Seely Lake and drive along the Blackfoot River and break out of the canyon into ranch country with the Swan and Mission Mountains looming. There are trails right on the edge of town up Pattee Canyon that have pretty impressive views of the valley and surrounding mountains that start 15 minutes from downtown. Lots of quick jaunts if one is only here for a couple days. Enjoy.
I wasn't sure when it closed. We were out there this summer and it was awesome.
 #82032  by apaladin
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:41 am
The cold will have to be better than in 2006 at Montana St. IIRC it was around 10 degrees and windy.
 #82036  by FUpaladin08
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:01 am
purplehorse123 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:00 am
I know we can handle the cold but in all seriousness won’t there be big warmers on the sideline? And will we have over-coats or “whatever they are called” for the players on the sideline?

I cannot imagine what that equipment truck contains.
Heaters, yes. Coats…we’ll see.
 #82044  by AstroDin
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:30 am
If you want a laugh or a rise in your blood pressure, have a watch.
These guys missed and dismissed Furman so badly—you'd think we were a JV team.
Their picks were Montana 38-13 and 41-10!
 #82051  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:02 am
AstroDin wrote:

Missoula Amateur Hour in mommies basement...
 #82052  by Paladin91
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:06 am
AstroDin wrote:
The only thing insightful in that video is their discussion of how OT Fred Norman gives away running vs. passing play in his stance. Everything else was Homer Central. Some good locker room fodder.
 #82056  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:15 am
I have inside knowledge of how Montana turned it's season around from the trash that they looked like in the first couple months, it's called SIGN STEALING and it's all the rage up north, just ask Michigan and NDSU :lol:
 #82061  by FUBeAR
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:42 am
Paladin91 wrote:
AstroDin wrote:
The only thing insightful in that video is their discussion of how OT Fred Norman gives away running vs. passing play in his stance. Everything else was Homer Central. Some good locker room fodder.
"Former Griz Player" - Walk-on, on the roster 1 year, no stats. FUBeAR has played as many plays for Montana as that dude has.

He tries to imply in here that he was on the 2001 Team Montana Championship Team that played against FU in Chatt.

Here is an alphabetical excerpt from their 2001 Roster...

53 Joel Robinson So. ILB Kalispell, Mont.
33 Joel Rosenburg Jr. CB Whitefish, Mont.
99 Alan Saenz Fr. DT Newport Beach, Calif.
25 Kyle Scholle So. SS Parker, Colo.

No ROUNS
Last edited by FUBeAR on Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #82064  by FUBeAR
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:21 am
Paladin91 wrote:
AstroDin wrote:
Since, oh, probably 1/2 our passes are RPO's, which stance does Mr. Norman use on those?

'Only their DLmen get Sacks, not their LB's - They don't do a lot of blitzing' ....

Individual Defensive Statistics
RNK Player Sacks-YDS Position

1 Clark, Luke 6.0-43 - Bandit - OLB/DE hybrid
2 DiMaggio, Evan 4.0-18 - LB
3 Gilby, Braden 3.0-24 - LB

These guys are idiots. Can't listen anymore...
Last edited by FUBeAR on Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
 #82066  by purplehorse123
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:31 am
Why even play the game? Very disparaging toward not only our entire team but the Southern Conference. A very very confident duo.

Yes most interesting comments were about the telltale signs of us tipping our plays and how our OL were big and slow with poor hip movement. And Roberto being “a shell of himself” and at best 70 % healthy.

They think we are badly over-rated.

16.5 point underdog.

Yep very interesting .
Last edited by purplehorse123 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #82067  by gman84
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:34 am
Two guys in their mother's basements.....I kept waiting for, "ma! we want the meatloaf now."
 #82068  by The Jackal
 Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:41 am
purplehorse123 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:31 am
Why even play the game? Very disparaging toward not only our entire team but the Southern Conference. A very very confident duo.

Yes most interesting comments were about the telltale signs of us tipping our plays and how our OL were big and slow with poor hip movement. And Roberto being “a shell of himself” and at best 70 % healthy.

Yep very interesting .

Clearly a pass play here.

Honestly, I hated this call because I selfishly just want us to run over everyone, but this may have been more Huff being a little rusty. Pline is open and would have run for a while. Looks like this play was meant to be a big hitter, though. Huff looks at Pline and then comes back looking for the haymaker.

I'd still just rather us run over people.
Stumpy liked this