• Wofford

#80271  by gofurman
 Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:56 am
apaladin wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:45 pm
I really don’t see how other league teams wnning helps FU. In fact it probably hurts as those other teams may start winning more of the recruiting wars etc. If you are just about the SoCon advancing then ok but I have never been a conference rah-rah guy. How many years have SC fans been rah-rah for the SEC but it has not helped them in the least and they have never won snything?
AP, it does help us for conference teams to advance in playoffs. We need that. Otherwise we are always fighting a battle - you know the MVC bias helps that whole league. I’ll be pulling for any SoCon team in playoffs! Maybe you were referring to something else
Roundball liked this
 #80274  by Bootie
 Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:23 am
gofurman wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:56 am
apaladin wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:45 pm
I really don’t see how other league teams wnning helps FU. In fact it probably hurts as those other teams may start winning more of the recruiting wars etc. If you are just about the SoCon advancing then ok but I have never been a conference rah-rah guy. How many years have SC fans been rah-rah for the SEC but it has not helped them in the least and they have never won snything?
AP, it does help us for conference teams to advance in playoffs. We need that. Otherwise we are always fighting a battle - you know the MVC bias helps that whole league. I’ll be pulling for any SoCon team in playoffs! Maybe you were referring to something else
gf says it okay here but I’ll man-splain to add my clarity…

It helps with the overall reputation of strength of the conference. It is a double-edged sword because then recruits may want to join those teams as well, yes, but do you really want a conference that is considered weak because there’s only one or two teams that always dominate?
 #80278  by gman84
 Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:50 am
GF, why would you even want on their board? :D
FUBeAR liked this
 #80284  by The Jackal
 Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:49 am
If I recall, they had one or two fans this preseason that argued that Wofford was going to be a dark horse in the SoCon race this season.

That . . . did not happen.
 #80285  by MNORM
 Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:52 am
The Jackal wrote:
If I recall, they had one or two fans this preseason that argued that Wofford was going to be a dark horse in the SoCon race this season.

One in particular on the AGS. He's a pretty knowledgeable guy but his homer-ism (which he openly admits to) definitely got in the way of an accurate self-assessment of the current state of Woffy foosball.
 #80288  by FUBeAR
 Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:08 am
MNORM wrote:
The Jackal wrote:

One in particular on the AGS. He's a pretty knowledgeable guy but his homer-ism (which he openly admits to) definitely got in the way of an accurate self-assessment of the current state of Woffy foosball.
Yep - had ‘em winning as many as 9 games and competing for the SoCon Championship and IN the Playoffs.

Quit ‘the game’ after the PC loss. Good dude…really feel sorry for him, but not for most of the arrogant for no apparent reason Woffy peeeps
 #80302  by FUwolfpacker
 Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:33 pm
Probably not going to mean much, but it looks like one of their QBs - Corriston is going to be out the rest of the year. The job goes back to Seeley, but interestingly the back up is now true freshman, Amari Odom. Odom posted about a Furman offer at one point early in the recruiting season last year before Furman took Nehuel Garcia's commitment. He's coming off an ACL his senior year of HS I think.
 #80331  by gofurman
 Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:37 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:08 am
MNORM wrote:
The Jackal wrote:

Yep - had ‘em winning as many as 9 games and competing for the SoCon Championship and IN the Playoffs.

Quit ‘the game’ after the PC loss. Good dude…really feel sorry for him, but not for most of the arrogant for no apparent reason Woffy peeeps
Y. That dude seems ok. I think we re talking bout the same guy. He seems relatively nice guy as he admits homer view. And I think he admits he doesn’t always like the coaching and AD over there
 #80334  by The Jackal
 Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:05 pm
Honestly, if I was a Wofford fan I would have at least been a little more optimistic after last season.

The Terriers have a veteran defense, which was always their calling card.

From what I've seen to this point, their offense is probably worse than their fans expected.
 #80335  by gofurman
 Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:25 pm
palafan wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:24 pm
Take NO ONE for granted. Blow them into the weeds!! CCLOT
THIS
 #80346  by The Jackal
 Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:59 am
Interesting bit for those into such things from the Wofford pre-game write up:
The origin of "Scorigami" is from Jon Bois: host of Chart Party. Simply put, Scroigami is the art of finishing games with scores that have never been seen before. Wofford's 11-3 win over The Citadel on November 11 was the first game to end in that score for the Terriers. The last NCAA team that won a game by scoring 11 points was Mississippi State in 2002 against Troy (11-8). Wofford is also the first team to win a game by an 11-3 score since 1982 (Notre Dame 11, Michigan State 3). There have been only two NFL games ever end in an 11-3 score (Detroit 11, Bears 3/October 28, 1962 and Vikings 11, Packers 3/September 30, 1973).
https://woffordterriers.com/news/2023/1 ... inale.aspx