#55852  by FUBeAR
 Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:18 am
Flagman wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:56 pm
Given Chris Justice’s accuracy rating, we should have clear skies.
FUBeAR likes the accuracy of the weather app he uses…

Low 70’s & light rain throughout the game.

Not great for fans, but shouldn’t really affect the game much … other than the cool temps taking away some of the depth advantage that the Tiggers naturally have.

Hopefully the rain will be enough to dampen the horde of Clemson fans and the 1st time we’ll notice them (after the whole silly rock & hill thing) will be when they’re booing their own Team as they head into the locker room trailing at halftime.
Flagman liked this
 #55854  by FUBeAR
 Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:20 am
apaladin wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:34 am
Some interesting reading.
https://www.tigernet.com/clemson-forum/ ... ll-2172967
Not sure how to feel about this one…

“Well my son will be playing for Furman (we are life long Clemson fans) and I at least hope he gets a pick six off DJ and thus contributes to the switch to 2. Go Paladins! Go Tigers!!”

Love the idea of his/her Paladin son getting a pick six, but I’m just not sure about feeling the best thing about that would be that it contributes to a perceived improvement for Clemson by hastening them to make a QB change.

Restated, it might read… “As a life long Clemson fan, nothing would make me happier than to see my son contribute to improving Clemson’s Football Team, even if he has to endure the shame of wearing a Furman jersey to do it.”

Ahhh….that might be FUBeAR overstating it a bit, but he does have similar experience in this area, y’know. He never recalls thinking, “I hope FUBeAR Jr. will rhino that Furman Linebacker when Mercer runs Power, so that he’ll become a better Player for Furman when they play the bellhops.” Just seems odd to FUBeAR.

Anyway, people are always interesting, ain’t they?

Here’s to his/her son getting that Pick 6…and it being the game-winning TD FOR FURMAN as the clock strikes 00:00 on Saturday evening!!!!
 #55855  by Fred Garvin
 Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:24 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:20 am
apaladin wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:34 am
Some interesting reading.
https://www.tigernet.com/clemson-forum/ ... ll-2172967
Not sure how to feel about this one…

“Well my son will be playing for Furman (we are life long Clemson fans) and I at least hope he gets a pick six off DJ and thus contributes to the switch to 2. Go Paladins! Go Tigers!!”

Love the idea of his/her Paladin son getting a pick six, but I’m just not sure about feeling the best thing about that would be that it contributes to a perceived improvement for Clemson by hastening them to make a QB change.

Restated, it might read… “As a life long Clemson fan, nothing would make me happier than to see my son contribute to improving Clemson’s Football Team, even if he has to endure the shame of wearing a Furman jersey to do it.”

Ahhh….that might be FUBeAR overstating it a bit, but he does have similar experience in this area, y’know. He never recalls thinking, “I hope FUBeAR Jr. will rhino that Furman Linebacker when Mercer runs Power, so that he’ll become a better Player for Furman when they play the bellhops.” Just seems odd to FUBeAR.

Anyway, people are always interesting, ain’t they?

Here’s to his/her son getting that Pick 6…and it being the game-winning TD FOR FURMAN as the clock strikes 00:00 on Saturday evening!!!!
A winning TD interception followed by a visit to the New Spring Deshawn Watson Personal Improvement Room at the football complex at good old One Eyed Ben Tech...Deshawn didn't become a pervert overnight....it takes years of looking the other way....at least USC/GT/NCSU had the stones to play us between 82-85.
Danny feared THE MAN!
 #55860  by apaladin
 Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:24 am
Have to like the comment about they would be worried if this was basketball because FU could be a top 25 team this season,
FU69 and 1 others liked this
 #55862  by DungeonRealm
 Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:43 am
apaladin wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:24 am
Have to like the comment about they would be worried if this was basketball because FU could be a top 25 team this season,
QCGlue, FU69 liked this
 #55871  by apaladin
 Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:13 pm
Purple rain wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:31 pm
Bottom line, we have nothing to lose, go out there and compete our butts off and see what happens.
Yep don’t want to play skeered like we did at NC St last year. Open up the playbook, nothing to lose.
FUBeAR, Affirm, dornb liked this
 #55872  by gofurman
 Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:45 pm
apaladin wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:13 pm
Purple rain wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:31 pm
Bottom line, we have nothing to lose, go out there and compete our butts off and see what happens.
Yep don’t want to play skeered like we did at NC St last year. Open up the playbook, nothing to lose.
Good law, that was ugly
 #55885  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:55 am
Today has a chance to go down as the greatest day in Furman sports history. These chances don’t come around very often. Today is an opportunity. There’s a chance, just sayin’.
AstroDin, dornb, Bootie liked this
 #55897  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:59 pm
Good score by us.

On D Too much cushion by DBs . Pitch and catch for 10 yards by CLemson a few times. Receivers are killing us. 14 yds per completion for CLemson so far. Good grief
Last edited by gofurman on Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #55898  by The Jackal
 Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:03 pm
They aren’t really running on us. Just not able to get them off the field in third and long.

Not really a db problem, we’re just struggling to generate pressure with 4