• Wofford Game

#44470  by AstroDin
 Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:47 pm
goFu you're so predictable… I just find it boring.

As far as recruiting goes I don't rank classes Hero Sports did the rankings.
I do follow offers and commits as do a few others on this board.
I do pay attention to who we beat out for a player (SoCon) (CAA) (FBS) etc.
Your knock on Hudl tapes… that's your opinion, obviously, it works for players because it's a thriving industry.

Concerning Jace Wilson and the coaches handling Jace.
Jace missed 10 days of pre-season practice due to covid protocols.
My guess is the coaches moved Shiflett over to redshirt Jace.
As the season progresses Jace is getting more reps and catching up.
I've always heard the coaches really like Jace and what they were seeing in practice.

So, I'll give the coaches credit, they pulled the shirt basically and put him in the mercer game.
Jace looked up to the moment. During the off week, he won the job.
I'm not really sure what else there is to say…

oh… I know you get fired up whenever we play Wofford… so a question for you?
Which QB would you rather have Jace Wilson or Peyton Derrick?
I know what a Wofford fan told me…
 #44471  by gofurman
 Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:05 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:47 pm
goFu you're so predictable… I just find it boring.

As far as recruiting goes I don't rank classes Hero Sports did the rankings.
I do follow offers and commits as do a few others on this board.
I do pay attention to who we beat out for a player (SoCon) (CAA) (FBS) etc.
Your knock on Hudl tapes… that's your opinion, obviously, it works for players because it's a thriving industry.

Concerning Jace Wilson and the coaches handling Jace.
Jace missed 10 days of pre-season practice due to covid protocols.
My guess is the coaches moved Shiflett over to redshirt Jace.
As the season progresses Jace is getting more reps and catching up.
I've always heard the coaches really like Jace and what they were seeing in practice.

So, I'll give the coaches credit, they pulled the shirt basically and put him in the mercer game.
Jace looked up to the moment. During the off week, he won the job.
I'm not really sure what else there is to say…

oh… I know you get fired up whenever we play Wofford… so a question for you?
Which QB would you rather have Jace Wilson or Peyton Derrick?
I know what a Wofford fan told me…
Despite some i detect I did not mean to be “too” snarky. Can’t we all just get along :D

I will try to address each issue

First I REALLY appreciate your recruiting insights of which schools offered our commits. I love that. I have thanked you numerous times for that !!!

- I must NOT BE PREDICTABLE ENOUGH - what are you talking about w this rant mostly about Jace Wilson (and the coaches handling of Jace). . I truly have No Idea where this Jace Wilson stuff is coming from??? I was all in favor of him if he fits the system. Or change a system to help fit Sisson. . Please show me a post where I bashed using Jace.

PLEASE. Really. I’m waiting to see the post from me. Ill look for the reply quoting me. I honestly think you have me confused with some others.

I would appreciate an apology. I do think you have me confused w someone or others. As someone once said I am the one that gets lumped in with some others and if you tie my posts on their own they are pretty ‘ middle of the road ‘’

I will lead with an apology of my own. I didn’t mean to offend you

As to the Woff fan I don’t know that I spoke (verbally) to ANY Woff fans this week or whatever. But I wouldn’t care if I did. This is the real world. Who cares about FU v Woff in the big picture. I posted on their board - said we were struggling w OC OL and QB. And we were. That was a FACT. But I will certainly and respectfully answer your question. I would prefer to have Jace at QB than either Woff QB

HUDL —was just noting that it’s hard to get a read on HUDL because kids don’t post their missed shots etc. That’s a fact. You are certainly right it’s a thriving industry. I wish I had invented it and was Rich :)

Boring —By the way you said I was “boring”. . BORING IS GOOD. we ran Wynn 31 times - that’s Boring to some people. But BORING WINS AND IS SUCCESFUL. Not sure why you seem to think boring would be an insult. If I can do the same thing and be successful I will

I respectfully answered each issue you noted.
I hope you respectfully answer me in kind.

Thank you in advance ! I hope you reply quickly. I’m honestly curious about the Jace thing especially …. And why you were so hyper-focused on that in reply to me ??
Last edited by gofurman on Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #44472  by AstroDin
 Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:34 pm
Didn't say you bashed Jace - just stated some facts about Jace and his short time in the program.
I'm guessing the coaches were playing who they felt gave them the best chance to win.

I'm not going to go back through your comments and do a repost - but your take—we should all take a chill pill and not get too excited about the win, etc… is what I expected. That's all.

And you have a history you get revved up around Wofford/Furman time and it sometimes doesn't feel pro-Furman.
I'll end it here…
 #44475  by gofurman
 Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:24 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:34 pm
Didn't say you bashed Jace - just stated some facts about Jace and his short time in the program.
I'm guessing the coaches were playing who they felt gave them the best chance to win.

I'm not going to go back through your comments and do a repost - but your take—we should all take a chill pill and not get too excited about the win, etc… is what I expected. That's all.

And you have a history you get revved up around Wofford/Furman time and it sometimes doesn't feel pro-Furman.
I'll end it here…
Thanks. Check your pm
 #44480  by gman84
 Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:06 pm
Now some on here are arm chair coaches. Like I said in another thread...we don’t know squat about what is really going on with our team. The guys who eat, sleep and spend ridiculous hours ( unless you are Urban Meyer) preparing a team for a game know a lot more than we tend give them credit for. A change was made because the time was right for a change. Wynn said in his post game interview that the past 2 weeks were the best two weeks of practice since he has been at Furman. 5 years of practice is a lot. There were other changes made in the past two weeks that we will never know about. The result was obvious. Jace has a lot going for him and I really like his poise. There will be future games that he will struggle as teams determine his weaknesses. Will he change this team over night? That is to be determined. I feel much better than I did 2 weeks ago. Next team that needs to be shown who is the better FCS program, the bellhops!
dornb, FUBeAR, FU69 liked this
 #44481  by Louis Tully
 Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:15 pm
Wilson is a 4 year starter in my opinion. From what I could tell from the tv broadcast the kid is cool, calm and collected. Early jitters are to be expected. He is a player.
We have to maintain the intensity. Is running Wynn 30 times a game a good idea? Or should we run him 20 and run Roberto, Abrams , et. al the other 10? #12 will be weaponized. HIs pedigree is QB so I'm guessing he can heave the rock downfield fairly well. Watch for that on a razzle dazzle. Defense is stout. Bust up citadel this weekend. We owe them.
dornb, FUBeAR, gman84 and 1 others liked this
 #44487  by gofurman
 Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:56 am
Louis Tully wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:15 pm
Wilson is a 4 year starter in my opinion. From what I could tell from the tv broadcast the kid is cool, calm and collected. Early jitters are to be expected. He is a player.
We have to maintain the intensity. Is running Wynn 30 times a game a good idea? Or should we run him 20 and run Roberto, Abrams , et. al the other 10? #12 will be weaponized. HIs pedigree is QB so I'm guessing he can heave the rock downfield fairly well. Watch for that on a razzle dazzle. Defense is stout. Bust up citadel this weekend. We owe them.
This is all I was getting at earlier. Most coaches feel 20-25 is most you should run a guy. I think
It was Roberto who trucked a guy or two at State

Anyway. Beat Citadel. I feel it’s going to be Woff then citadel is harder then ETSU hardest. Just my opinion but Citadel showed something vs VMI. And ETSU is undefeated. Beat citadel !!!

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.