The Jackal wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:46 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:31 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:03 pm
saltyshaker wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:17 pm
important to try to bury wofford to get to best possible playoff seed.a two seed would be home playoffs until the finals whereas a 3 or lower seed brings up the possibility of a road trip in the semis to either the dakotas or montana .who wants to play a december game in 10 degree weather?
On the other hand, beating one of the Montana schools at their place in December would sure shut up the Big Sky crowd.
No. It won't.

FUBeAR has had occasion recently to interact with those peeps. Actually had to pull 2 of 'em off of HKB60. One of the Furman Staff's Family Members coined the perfect phrase to describe them - "Willfully ignorant"

They truly HATE facts and they will try, without rest, to wrestle simple facts that they don't like into submission. And they are FULL-OUT NO FILTER on their boastful claims of all types and manners of superiority over anyone and anything...except the MVFC. They actually are able to use cloaking magic to wrap themselves in the accomplishments of MVFC Football Teams. It's the dangdest thing you've ever seen.
They are absolutely livid Furman may be the 2 or 3 seed.

Unfortunately, Furman is now going to have to deal with the weight of carrying conference credibility with them.

Double unfortunately, the committee is almost assuredly going to send a SoCon team to Furman in the second round, when it would be really fun to watch a team like Western Carolina go to Fargo.
I think one SoCon team comes to Furman and the other heads to the Dakotas/Big Sky. So yea that puts a ton of pressure on Furman to carry the torch for the conference. Much like Wofford had to do not that long ago!
 #80226  by MNORM
 Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:52 pm
FUpaladin08 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:32 pm
The Jackal wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
saltyshaker wrote:
important to try to bury wofford to get to best possible playoff seed.a two seed would be home playoffs until the finals whereas a 3 or lower seed brings up the possibility of a road trip in the semis to either the dakotas or montana .who wants to play a december game in 10 degree weather?
On the other hand, beating one of the Montana schools at their place in December would sure shut up the Big Sky crowd.
No. It won't.

FUBeAR has had occasion recently to interact with those peeps. Actually had to pull 2 of 'em off of HKB60. One of the Furman Staff's Family Members coined the perfect phrase to describe them - "Willfully ignorant"

They truly HATE facts and they will try, without rest, to wrestle simple facts that they don't like into submission. And they are FULL-OUT NO FILTER on their boastful claims of all types and manners of superiority over anyone and anything...except the MVFC. They actually are able to use cloaking magic to wrap themselves in the accomplishments of MVFC Football Teams. It's the dangdest thing you've ever seen.

Unfortunately, Furman is now going to have to deal with the weight of carrying conference credibility with them.

Double unfortunately, the committee is almost assuredly going to send a SoCon team to Furman in the second round, when it would be really fun to watch a team like Western Carolina go to Fargo.
I think one SoCon team comes to Furman and the other heads to the Dakotas/Big Sky. So yea that puts a ton of pressure on Furman to carry the torch for the conference. Much like Wofford had to do not that long ago!
I believe there's also the possibility for Richmond, UTM, Austin Peay, NCCU, or Nicholls coming here in round 2......

...lots of assumptions here. That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see any of these teams (not all will make it) being matched up against WCU, Mercer, or Chatt in the first round with the winner playing us.
Last edited by MNORM on Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #80229  by The Jackal
 Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:58 pm
MNORM wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:52 pm
FUpaladin08 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:32 pm
The Jackal wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
saltyshaker wrote:
No. It won't.

I believe there's also the possibility for Richmond, UTM, Austin Peay, NCCU, or Nicholls coming here in round 2......

...lots of assumptions here. That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see any of these teams (not all will make it) being matched up against WCU, Mercer, or Chatt in the first round with the winner playing us.
I agree. I don't think it's a lock we'd see Western Carolina.

Furman is further south than WCU and Cullowhee is actually closer to a lot of the Tennessee and Midatlantic schools than Furman is.
 #80234  by FUBeAR
 Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:19 pm
 #80242  by FUBeAR
 Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:18 pm
Oh how the mighty have fallen…

#80244  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:28 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:18 pm
Oh how the mighty have fallen…

:lol: :lol:
That's just embarrassing.....
 #80247  by The Jackal
 Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:53 pm
Their forum has been non-public since last year when they all had a complete meltdown about 3 quarters of the way through their season.
 #80253  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:18 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Their forum has been non-public since last year when they all had a complete meltdown about 3 quarters of the way through their season.

They barely had any fans to begin with, now about to be 5-35 over their past 40 games, pitiful state they are in...

Drawing small crowds for Basketball now as well the past few years....

They might be looking to move to Pioneer or DII soon :lol:
 #80259  by Flagman
 Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:35 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:00 pm
Best show ever.
 #80260  by apaladin
 Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:45 pm
I really don’t see how other league teams wnning helps FU. In fact it probably hurts as those other teams may start winning more of the recruiting wars etc. If you are just about the SoCon advancing then ok but I have never been a conference rah-rah guy. How many years have SC fans been rah-rah for the SEC but it has not helped them in the least and they have never won snything?
 #80270  by gofurman
 Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:53 am
The Jackal wrote:
Actually that’s not quite right. I emailed and was able to get on the board. Had a response in one day from my email. I am able. To view and post though I was registered prior

I’ll give them 5his. The coach seems more likable than Kerwin Bell and Hatcher with their tirades. He seems level headed in the interview. I havent seen him live but default is all coaches rate above Bell and Hatcher to me. Bell seemed to lose his cool every third play.

I want to KKKKIIILLL them. Just saying I don’t hate the coach demeanor so far

Recent Topics

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.