• Tennessee Tech - August 31

#74631  by Bootie
 Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:25 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:50 pm
dornb wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:35 pm
Will Furman have a live band and food trucks in the Fan Zone this year? I haven't seen anything listed about that. If so, I would like to know which food trucks will be there for each game. If not, I need to make food plans. We really have enjoyed the Fan Zone the last couple of years but would like to know before each game what, if anything, will be available. :?: :?: :?:

Go Paladins! I am so excited about this season!
In case you haven’t seen it, Fan Zone opens at 4PM with a live band(Commodore Fox) and Food Trucks but they are unannounced. I think it’s a secret! 😀
Here’s some detail…
https://furmanpaladins.com/news/2023/8/ ... -tech.aspx
 #74641  by apaladin
 Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:13 am
Bootie wrote:
apaladin wrote:
dornb wrote:
Will Furman have a live band and food trucks in the Fan Zone this year? I haven't seen anything listed about that. If so, I would like to know which food trucks will be there for each game. If not, I need to make food plans. We really have enjoyed the Fan Zone the last couple of years but would like to know before each game what, if anything, will be available. :?: :?: :?:

In case you haven’t seen it, Fan Zone opens at 4PM with a live band(Commodore Fox) and Food Trucks but they are unannounced. I think it’s a secret! 😀
Here’s some detail…
Is this the uni we will see Thursday night? Purple jerseys, white pants, new chrome helmet?
 #74642  by gofurman
 Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:13 am
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:07 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:14 pm

I suppose this tells me they’ve been injured all camp and Furman has had plenty of time to prepare for their absence.

Hope to see both back soon
That good for prep time but man I hope they are back in a week or so. Mercer etc !,, Plus that really hurts our shot at USC et. Dam

Please get healthy guys ,!
 #74643  by gofurman
 Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:14 am
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:55 pm
KingPaladin wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:36 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:21 pm
A little bit concerning - Jacob Johanning is not listed on the depth chart.
Jake's okay i saw him in class
Great news!
Thanks. This is at least something. Hope we get news on radio or something Thursday
 #74645  by The Jackal
 Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:45 am
apaladin wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:13 am
Bootie wrote:
apaladin wrote:
dornb wrote:

Here’s some detail…
Is this the uni we will see Thursday night? Purple jerseys, white pants, new chrome helmet?
I suspect with the "After Dark" promotion we'll see the black uniforms, which we displayed on opening day last year.

I imagine the sivler/purple/white look will probably be reserved for a anniversary promotion somewhere along the line.

I guess we'll see.
FUBeAR liked this
 #74646  by The Jackal
 Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:50 am
gofurman wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:13 am
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:07 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:14 pm

I suppose this tells me they’ve been injured all camp and Furman has had plenty of time to prepare for their absence.

Hope to see both back soon
That good for prep time but man I hope they are back in a week or so. Mercer etc !,, Plus that really hurts our shot at USC et. Dam

Please get healthy guys ,!

The two guys on the depth chart at weak side linebacker are Sciana and Kuzemka, are both redshirt seniors with 65 games and 22 starts between them. So, it's not like the backups are guys that don't know what they are doing out there.

Johanning is replaced by Luke Petit, who is less experienced, but from all the write-ups would have played extensively last year but for an injury. He should be fine in that spot.
FUBeAR liked this
 #74648  by FUwolfpacker
 Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:38 am
TTU game notes

https://d2o2figo6ddd0g.cloudfront.net/4 ... Furman.pdf

Seems like they are bigger across both lines than last time. Looks like Ethan Roberts wins the starting QB job but the JC transfer is listed as “or” so we may see both.

With a new/inexperienced QB starting, bigger OL, and addition of Marcus Knight. I would not be surprised to see a similar game plan to what Mercer rolled out. Heavy dose of run with some safe throws early and a few deep balls here and there if the right match up presents itself.
 #74649  by FUBeAR
 Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:35 am
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:38 am
Seems like they are bigger across both lines than last time. Looks like Ethan Roberts wins the starting QB job but the JC transfer is listed as “or” so we may see both.

With a new/inexperienced QB starting, bigger OL, and addition of Marcus Knight. I would not be surprised to see a similar game plan to what Mercer rolled out. Heavy dose of run with some safe throws early and a few deep balls here and there if the right match up presents itself.
Looks like the Paladin secondary has already had some success against this Golden Eagle QB…

https://www.gpb.org/blogs/gpb-sports-b ... at-roswell
“Milton’s Jack Rhodes intercepted a fourth-down pass to turn away a last-minute Roswell comeback and give the Eagles a 16-12 win in the 65th renewal of North Fulton’s oldest rivalry. Roswell had driven to the 19 and faced fourth-and-8 when Rhodes picked off Ethan Roberts pass to secure the win. ”

That said…we better watch out for a former Roswell Hornet…they are known to STING ‘EM!

BTW - That JUCO Transfer QB was also an Iowa State Cyclone before folding his cards there and heading off to JUCO. He was a PWO at ISU, so the odds were stacked against him. But, there was some hedging of his bet as his Dad, Dennis Gibson, was a Cyclone legend https://cyclones.com/honors/hall-of-fa ... gibson/182 and former NFL’er. Guess that ace in the hole didn’t work out so well for him. Maybe we’ll see if he can parlay those moves into success at TTU.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by cavedweller2

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:42 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.