• Furman University vs. North Greenville University

#55572  by apaladin
 Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:24 am
#5 yes very difficult to read especially on the field. A program or roster card would have been nice. Looked everywhere and asked several peeps but no one had them. Do we have to bring our own next game? Hoping it was just a one time miscue.
dornb liked this
 #55583  by Paul C
 Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:57 pm
apaladin wrote:
#5 yes very difficult to read especially on the field. A program or roster card would have been nice. Looked everywhere and asked several peeps but no one had them. Do we have to bring our own next game? Hoping it was just a one time miscue.
Just pull up the roster on your phone. Easy enough.
 #55584  by The Jackal
 Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:22 pm
Paul C wrote:
apaladin wrote:

Paraphrasing Erk Russell, we can't make the jerseys easy to read because we need to sell programs.
 #55585  by Roundball
 Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:05 pm
Paul C wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Exactly. If you don’t want to have it on your phone, print it at home and bring it. Printing programs is a waste of good money.
 #55606  by Flagman
 Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:39 am
Roundball wrote:
Paul C wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Exactly. If you don’t want to have it on your phone, print it at home and bring it. Printing programs is a waste of good money.
It's not like Furman doesn't/hasn't wasted money. Note the flag fiasco, and 5 individual parking passes to every season ticket holder. A roster card would be easier that powering up the phone every time you want to check something.
Also agree about the unis. Almost impossible to read from the stands (especially up high).
 #55607  by FUBeAR
 Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:56 am
Flagman wrote:
Roundball wrote:
Paul C wrote:
apaladin wrote:
It's not like Furman doesn't/hasn't wasted money. Note the flag fiasco, and 5 individual parking passes to every season ticket holder. A roster card would be easier that powering up the phone every time you want to check something.
Also agree about the unis. Almost impossible to read from the stands (especially up high).
Flag fiasco? What’s that about?

Rec’d the 5 individual parking passes last week and thought, “Hmmm, that seems a bit wasteful.” So…gotcha there….not familiar with a flag fiasco, but FUBeAR doesn’t have your chops in the flag game.
 #55613  by Affirm
 Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:08 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Flagman wrote:
Roundball wrote:
Paul C wrote:
apaladin wrote:

Rec’d the 5 individual parking passes last week and thought, “Hmmm, that seems a bit wasteful.” So…gotcha there….not familiar with a flag fiasco, but FUBeAR doesn’t have your chops in the flag game.
•REGARDING FLAG FIASCO:
- that might refer to sending a beautiful “diamond F” Furman Football flag to me and to who knows how many other “minor” supporters. That seemed like a wasteful expenditure, though the flag I received does now occupy a very visible place at our house (in the garage actually).
•REGARDING NO PRINTED PROGRAMS:
- yes I missed those being available. If Firman cannot afford those or wants to save trees, then just print and have them for sale at the stadium for “$5 for 2” limited supply (possibly reprint in stadium before supply ends).
•REGARDING PARKING PASSES:
- I have hard enough time keeping up with 1, but I was glad to get the 5.
•COMPLAINT:
PA was inaudible at least in concourse and also outside stadium before game.
•AND THIS NOTE:
Using my IPhone to look at player rosters during game, I counted a total of about 9 (nine) players on Furman from SC high schools, and a total of about 90 (ninety) players on NGU from SC high schools.
 #55614  by Affirm
 Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:45 pm
When did Furman last beat any football opponent by 52 points?
If I am wrong, please correct. My quick perusal produced the following list:

52-0 over PC
58-0 over Wofford
(BTW, we tied CU and NCSU that season, and we shut out UofSC 12-0; we were 4-3-2 that year, 1-2-2 in the SoCon, and tied for 11th place in the SoCon))

69-0 over Piedmont

58-0 over Erskine
(BTW, we shut out both UofSC and CU that year)

53-0 over Wake Forest

63-0 over Erskine

67-6 over Erskine

63-0 over Newberry
62-0 over Wofford

69-0 over Wofford

60-3 over Erskine

60-0 over Erskine

59-0 over Bailey
65-0 over PC
 #55615  by Affirm
 Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:50 pm
When did Furman last beat any football opponent by 52 points?
If I am wrong, please correct. My quick perusal produced the following list:

52-0 over PC
58-0 over Wofford
(BTW, we tied CU and NCSU that season, and we shut out UofSC 12-0; we were 4-3-2 that year, 1-2-2 in the SoCon, and tied for 11th place in the SoCon))

69-0 over Piedmont

58-0 over Erskine
(BTW, we shut out both UofSC and CU that year)

53-0 over Wake Forest

63-0 over Erskine

67-6 over Erskine

63-0 over Newberry
62-0 over Wofford

69-0 over Wofford

60-3 over Erskine

60-0 over Erskine

59-0 over Bailey
65-0 over PC
 #55622  by FUBeAR
 Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:51 pm
affirm wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
Flagman wrote:
Roundball wrote:
Paul C wrote:
apaladin wrote:

•AND THIS NOTE:
Using my IPhone to look at player rosters during game, I counted a total of about 9 (nine) players on Furman from SC high schools, and a total of about 90 (ninety) players on NGU from SC high schools.
81 more Players from SC for NGU
52 fewer points for NGU

Coincidence or nah?
Davemeister liked this
 #55623  by Furmanoid
 Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:16 pm
Our local boys went for about 15 years with only one loss to a Georgia team (Valdosta). But we have lost a couple in the last 2 years. Beat a GA team last night though. I’m sure the gigantic schools north of Atlanta are better than us, but I think similar sized schools in GA and SC are pretty comparable.

In SC, the Furman kind of kid stopped going out for football years ago. They only play Madden. Many are told from birth that people who look like them cannot play sports. Others are told that people who like them aren’t supposed to study and make good grades. So hardly anybody plays sports and studies. Pretty messed up.

But both teams were horrible last night. HS football is going downhill alarmingly fast. Coaches can’t coach anymore. They can only makes suggestions in a calm and supportive tone of voice.
 #55624  by Affirm
 Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:28 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
affirm wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
Flagman wrote:
Roundball wrote:
Paul C wrote:
apaladin wrote:

•AND THIS NOTE:
52 fewer points for NGU

Coincidence or nah?
No correlation whatsoever.
Just an interesting observation, in my opinion.
If I would have to state a point, and I do not even know that it's true, I would state this: good football players from SC high schools, public and private, generally do not like Furman, for some reason, and it is unfortunate for all concerned if that is true.
 #55625  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:39 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
affirm wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
Flagman wrote:
Roundball wrote:
Paul C wrote:
apaladin wrote:

•AND THIS NOTE:
52 fewer points for NGU

Coincidence or nah?
Yep just shows the talent level is not there in SC. Personally I could care less what state a player is from if he can play.
Davemeister liked this