• ETSU GAME THREAD

#38514  by gofurman
 Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:37 pm
Flagman wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:34 pm
Good day for the Paladins! Furman wins! citadel and woffy lose.
Great day.

Though someone please beat VMI. GOOD GRIEF. They skipped Chatt. Beat us. Samford ETSU and Woff are my hopes
 #38515  by apaladin
 Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:41 pm
Glad the horrible execution on the goal line didn’t cost us, even though I thought Sisson scored on 3rd down. VMI may be better than we thought as they beat the crap out of Mercer. Dare I say it but could VMI actually be SoCon champions. Hope survives another week.
Last edited by apaladin on Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #38517  by Roundball
 Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:43 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:12 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:07 pm
Glad we are going to win this game, but that was a painful game to watch. Hate to say it, but those are two mediocre (at best) football teams. Has to be the worse game ever for a group of refs. Just keep winning and try to improve each week> The SoCon is weak. There is no excuse to not win the league title and the auto-bid.
you have no idea if the SoCon is weak…
Fair response on your part. I base that on what has happened the last few years and the games I have so watched so far this year. Hope I am proven wrong. I need to take into consideration what the players and coaches are going through right now just to field a team each week. It's a tough year. VMI destroyed Mercer today. So far, VMI is the class of the league. It will be interesting to see what happens next week when they play at Samford.
apaladin liked this
 #38518  by Flagman
 Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:58 pm
gofurman wrote:
Flagman wrote:
Great day.

Though someone please beat VMI. GOOD GRIEF. They skipped Chatt. Beat us. Samford ETSU and Woff are my hopes
Be prepared, VMI may opt out of their remaining games in order to preserve their undefeated record and claim the conference title.
gofurman, apaladin, FurmAlum and 2 others liked this
 #38519  by Furmanoid
 Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:11 pm
Hate to be a broken record, but how can VMI possibly recruit? Citadel is bad enough, but that is a dream destination compared to VMI. So it would seem very unlikely that VMI has much talent at all. It follows that either their coach is the next Saban or they really aren’t very good. If they win the SoCon, the SoCon isn’t very good. Hopefully in the Fall we will steamroll his conference.
apaladin liked this
 #38522  by FUBeAR
 Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:35 pm
gofurman wrote:
Flagman wrote:
Great day.

ETSU is the only one of those with a chance. Samford’s D cannot stop VMI’s O, but VMI’s D can stop Samford’s O. Woffy will Conklin out & lose if they don’t. Wofford is not very good. CIT, obviously, has serious issues. WCU, like Mercer, whipped their fannies today.

I think it’s time to go the other way. I’m pulling for VMI to go 6-0 or 7-0 and lobbying for them as #1 seed in the Playoffs. Will rank them #1 in my AGS Poll this week (maybe)...and hope for winning out and an At-Large for the Paladins. It’s the only way I see us getting into the Playoffs. VMI will not lose 2x.
 #38525  by fu77fan
 Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:53 pm
VMI does not have to lose 2 games. If we win out, they lose 1 game, and they do not make up the game that was canceled with UTC, then I think we would win the championship.
 #38526  by FUBeAR
 Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:55 pm
W
 #38527  by Roundball
 Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:07 pm
fu77fan wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:53 pm
VMI does not have to lose 2 games. If we win out, they lose 1 game, and they do not make up the game that was canceled with UTC, then I think we would win the championship.
Getting ahead of ourselves, but it's something to consider. Is it based off winning percentage like basketball? I tried to find the tie breaking rules on the SoCon website, but had no luck.

Update. I just found a tie breaking procedure, but am not sure if this applies to this shortened season, or not. I bet it does. Unless there has been a change, the team with the best won-loss percentage wins the regular season and the auto bid, I think. Bottom line, we just need to take care of business and not worry about what happens with VMI. Just win our games and see what happens. https://static.soconsports.com/custompa ... otball.pdf
FurmAlum, Davemeister liked this
 #38528  by Roundball
 Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:20 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
gofurman wrote:
Flagman wrote:
Great day.

ETSU is the only one of those with a chance. Samford’s D cannot stop VMI’s O, but VMI’s D can stop Samford’s O. Woffy will Conklin out & lose if they don’t. Wofford is not very good. CIT, obviously, has serious issues. WCU, like Mercer, whipped their fannies today.

I think it’s time to go the other way. I’m pulling for VMI to go 6-0 or 7-0 and lobbying for them as #1 seed in the Playoffs. Will rank them #1 in my AGS Poll this week (maybe)...and hope for winning out and an At-Large for the Paladins. It’s the only way I see us getting into the Playoffs. VMI will not lose 2x.
We need to keep in mind there are only 16 teams playing in the playoffs this year, 10 auto-bids and 6 at large bids. We need to take care of business every week. Also, we need to hope we have no canceled games. Beat Chattanooga.
Last edited by Roundball on Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #38529  by FUBeAR
 Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:25 pm
Roundball wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
gofurman wrote:
Flagman wrote:
Great day.

We need to keep in mind there are only 16 teams playing in the playoffs this year, 10 auto-bids and 6 at large bids. We need to take care of business every week.
Hence, including “winning out” and recognizing that we already d’int a few weeks ago.

The only way FU can get the Autobid is “winning out” AND VMI losing a game. Other than, possibly, ETSU, who do you see the Keydets losing to?
 #38530  by Roundball
 Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:27 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:25 pm
Roundball wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
gofurman wrote:
Flagman wrote:
Great day.

We need to keep in mind there are only 16 teams playing in the playoffs this year, 10 auto-bids and 6 at large bids. We need to take care of business every week.
Hence, including “winning out” and recognizing that we already d’int a few weeks ago.

The only way FU can get the Autobid is “winning out” AND VMI losing a game. Other than, possibly, ETSU, who do you see the Keydets losing to?
Samford can beat VMI. Heck, Samford is only a couple of plays away from being undefeated.
Last edited by Roundball on Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #38531  by Furmanoid
 Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:29 pm
They’ve played one decent team and beat them on a missed extra point. We still don’t know how good they are.
Roundball liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.