• Grainger Leaving

#34281  by Affirm
 Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:26 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:57 am
Furmanoid wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:59 am
I was just thinking that if you were a smart kid with a career path, once you graduated you would probably move on to Law School, MBA, etc rather than hanging around FU just to play football, especially if you can play at the new school.
Back in the day, some 5th year Football Players were able to enroll in the joint Clemson - Furman MBA Program. Didn’t Harris Roberts do something similar with the 3-2 (or whatever they call it these days) Clemson / Furman Engineering program.

Not an Academian...but I would bet a creative Administration could form similar alliances/programs with a broad array of online Schools, so that 5th year Athletes could start their Graduate School & be eligible to play at FU their 5th year.

BTW - don’t dis “Online Schools” - FUBeAR Jr. Is currently getting his MS in Computer Engineering in an all Online Program. Fairly well-respected Eng. School is sponsoring that - Georgia Tech. That online degree is gonna be just as valuable as their non online one...particularly these days when every school (almost) is online.
Impressive.
 #34283  by Furmanoid
 Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:50 pm
affirm wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:
I was just thinking that if you were a smart kid with a career path, once you graduated you would probably move on to Law School, MBA, etc rather than hanging around FU just to play football, especially if you can play at the new school.
Back in the day, some 5th year Football Players were able to enroll in the joint Clemson - Furman MBA Program. Didn’t Harris Roberts do something similar with the 3-2 (or whatever they call it these days) Clemson / Furman Engineering program.

Not an Academian...but I would bet a creative Administration could form similar alliances/programs with a broad array of online Schools, so that 5th year Athletes could start their Graduate School & be eligible to play at FU their 5th year.

BTW - don’t dis “Online Schools” - FUBeAR Jr. Is currently getting his MS in Computer Engineering in an all Online Program. Fairly well-respected Eng. School is sponsoring that - Georgia Tech. That online degree is gonna be just as valuable as their non online one...particularly these days when every school (almost) is online.
Impressive.
I’m just wondering if this scam can work. So you enroll in some other school’s online grad program but you’re ok to play for FU because why? I guess you can call it a”joint” program but someday the ncaa (if it survives) may ask what’s so joint about it. Worth a try though.
 #34286  by FUBeAR
 Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:28 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:50 pm
affirm wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:

Impressive.
I’m just wondering if this scam can work. So you enroll in some other school’s online grad program but you’re ok to play for FU because why? I guess you can call it a”joint” program but someday the ncaa (if it survives) may ask what’s so joint about it. Worth a try though.
Not a scam...now when FUBeAR was enrolled at FU AND in the Clemson-Furman MBA program in the Fall Football Season...and dropped the 1 class he was taking in each...that was a scam.

See the bottom of the next to last page for NCAA rule on these kinds of things...they probably have more/other rules also. They have A LOT of rules - http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/file ... 010807.pdf

Examples...
https://www.furman.edu/academics/physi ... al-degree/
https://www.furman.edu/academics/physi ... e-physics/
 #34294  by cavedweller2
 Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:14 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:
They could prolly make an arrangement with Cecil's Business College up in Asheville.
Rokawaylifer liked this
 #34568  by FUBeAR
 Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:43 am
Given this thread already exists & given how Grainger played against GaSt last year - as I believe has been mentioned in this thread, I’m posting this because I think readers will find it interesting ...

#34581  by The Jackal
 Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:46 pm
Looks like Georgia State has a senior starter. Grainger physically matches up well both to what GSU has as their starter as well as the backup, who is a freshman.
 #34729  by fu77fan
 Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:30 pm
Grainger had his best game of the year against Ga State. He looked like Super Man !!!
I can certainly see why Ga State would offer him a scholarship.
 #34769  by cavedweller2
 Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:57 pm
I hope he does well. I like him as a player.
 #34770  by apaladin
 Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:07 pm
CharlieFU wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:51 pm
He has just committed to Ga State
Nothing like jumping at the first offer. :?
 #34774  by FUBeAR
 Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:35 pm
apaladin wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:07 pm
CharlieFU wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:51 pm
He has just committed to Ga State
Nothing like jumping at the first offer. :?
North Alabama was his 1st, and, maybe, only other offer.

Interesting vid below...recorded when he announced that he was entering the portal. Very, respectfully, complimentary of FU.

AstroDin liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.