• FCS Final

#24028  by sluggo
 Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:51 pm
Yadkin wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:03 pm
And JL was so good, where is he now? Playing what sport?

What do Hendrix and Quarles know about winning football and evaluating talent? Couple of rookies.

Keep up your one-man comedy show and laugh factory.
Perspective is everything.
JL's perspective may be that he went to a bigger school and left a small town for a big city atmosphere.

That high horse is rolling bro.
 #24035  by Yadkin
 Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:44 pm
First you’re touting one-game stats and making comparisons between two different teams in different years. Now the line is “perspective.” Come on man. JL is a quality dude, solid student, and fine athlete who was basically a last minute “emergency” signing for an all new staff who stood to inherit one experienced QB (Blazejowski) and a near total unknown (Roberts) at that time. The emergence of Roberts in 2018 (led SoCon in pass efficiency) pushed JL to backup status, and I presume the coaching staff determined somewhere along the way he wasn’t in the long term plans following the signing of Grainger and Sisson. FU won eight games with two freshmen QBs in 2019. No title, yes, and disappointing playoff. showing, but plenty of positives.
fufanatic liked this
 #24060  by Davemeister
 Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:27 am
sluggo wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:54 am
Yadkin wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:07 pm
Geez, Louise all this droning on about QBs being switched to WRs, like it's a plural situation at FU? Are you talking about the WR transfer from MTSU who came here and played WR for a couple of games before being sidelined due to injury? Was he supposed to move back to QB (after having not played it in 2018) and, in the span of a three-week preseason, beat out two QBs who'd put in a year in the system here? And what's the deal with JeMar Lincoln? Solid guy and athlete, but apparently he was so in demand at QB he transferred from Furman and out of the sport of football altogether. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of overlooked or misued talent. Too many folks run down a current quarterback(s) in break-neck fashion to get to the next guy in line.
Yeah, winning a game doesn't count for much.
3 TDs rushing, 140 yrds passing against a team we lost to this year.
Real stats don't count; theories about players count.
</sarcasm>

https://www.espn.com/college-football/b ... =401030269

LOL!

I'll forward this info to Ed Orgeron. I think he needs a replacement for Joe Burro.
fufanatic liked this
 #24062  by fufanatic
 Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:31 am
sluggo wrote:
Yadkin wrote:

What do Hendrix and Quarles know about winning football and evaluating talent? Couple of rookies.

JL's perspective may be that he went to a bigger school and left a small town for a big city atmosphere.

I thought he transferred to Georgia Southern?
 #24070  by apaladin
 Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:59 pm
fufanatic wrote:
sluggo wrote:
Yadkin wrote:

Not on their roster.
 #24075  by fufanatic
 Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:08 pm
apaladin wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:59 pm
fufanatic wrote:
sluggo wrote:
Yadkin wrote:

Not on their roster.
Correct. I don't think he's playing football anymore based on a quick Google search. But my original thought was that if he's at GSU as a student, I wouldn't classify Statesboro as the big city and Greenville as the small town. Although in reading again, maybe small town was a reference to Furman's campus and big city was a reference to GSU's campus.
 #24199  by sluggo
 Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:14 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:08 pm
Correct. I don't think he's playing football anymore based on a quick Google search. But my original thought was that if he's at GSU as a student, I wouldn't classify Statesboro as the big city and Greenville as the small town. Although in reading again, maybe small town was a reference to Furman's campus and big city was a reference to GSU's campus.
"Big city" : I had wrong information; I heard Georgia State instead of G Southern.

Still, he's on a bigger school's basketball roster and still has football eligibility.
No offense; but to some minds playing basketball at GS beats playing football at Furman; just depends on who you ask.

Being the QB at Furman is not the pinnacle of life for everyone .
I went to Furman and I don't remember campus life being something that I couldn't live without.
 #24200  by sluggo
 Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:20 pm
Davemeister wrote:
sluggo wrote:
Yadkin wrote:
Geez, Louise all this droning on about QBs being switched to WRs, like it's a plural situation at FU? Are you talking about the WR transfer from MTSU who came here and played WR for a couple of games before being sidelined due to injury? Was he supposed to move back to QB (after having not played it in 2018) and, in the span of a three-week preseason, beat out two QBs who'd put in a year in the system here? And what's the deal with JeMar Lincoln? Solid guy and athlete, but apparently he was so in demand at QB he transferred from Furman and out of the sport of football altogether. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of overlooked or misued talent. Too many folks run down a current quarterback(s) in break-neck fashion to get to the next guy in line.
</sarcasm>

LOL!

I'll forward this info to Ed Orgeron. I think he needs a replacement for Joe Burro.
Well maybe that's little too big for him; maybe he could start by replacing 5 for 25 against the Citadel.
That's more along the lines of what FU needed.

:lol:
 #24201  by sluggo
sluggo wrote:
Davemeister wrote:
sluggo wrote:
Yadkin wrote:
</sarcasm>

LOL!

Well maybe that's a little too big for him; maybe he could start by replacing 5 for 25 against the Citadel.
That's more along the lines of what FU needed.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/g ... /401128502

:lol:
 #24203  by sluggo
 Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:28 pm
References to LSU football in relation to Furman football is the only comedy I see.
I like being proud; but not delusional.

The crowd continues to dwindle; I'm not an elite or smart enough to be a fan.
I'll watch on espn+ .
 #24208  by bj93
 Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:22 pm
JL not on basketball roster at ga sou either.
 #24230  by bj93
 Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:51 am
Check current roster on their site. He ain't on it. [urlhttps://gseagles.com/sports/mens-basketball/rosterurl]
 #24249  by Flagman
 Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:16 pm
Start a new thread. This is no longer about NDSU and JMU.
GKDLAMW

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.