• Austin Peay GAMEDAY!

#21776  by Kennypowers
 Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:50 pm
Buddy, don’t be a snowflake. It happens. It’s football. Not that big of a deal. The issue is getting tougher and meaner. You can do that w/o trying to hurt people. I would argue our best teams had a little mean streak.
 #21777  by Jasper
 Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:51 pm
APSU is a nasty team but the officials seem to be on top of that except for missing a big one on #63. They are a tough team with a few good athletes but look very susceptible to pass and on the edges. FU has got to play with more urgency and coach with more imagination and we can win this game. The staff has got to stop with this fascination with # 4’s potential and stick with # 9s good decision making for this season. Give him more to work with from the playbook and forget the rain. Let’s come out of this break with some spirit and attitude and get the damned job done. Everyone!
Affirm, PalaDad and 1 others liked this
 #21779  by Paladin91
 Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:56 pm
When we are in the red zone, can we quit with all the motion crap and just play smashmouth football. Need to get back to simplicity. Too much movement with players not in position.
 #21780  by gofurman
 Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:01 pm
hypercycloid wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:45 pm
gofurman wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:43 pm
hypercycloid wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:40 pm
Kennypowers wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:34 pm
Ejected??? Hardly. Wish we had a little more of that attitude. Frankly, we need it.....especially in a game like this.
For pushing a player already on the ground down and then kneeing him in the face? I’m pretty glad we don’t have that “attitude.”
You CAN coach effort as we established.. If some players aren't trying put other guys in and yank the guys who don't seem to be putting out 100% max effort
What does effort have to do with Agbenou getting kneed in the face?
Nothing - Just from reading Palafan and other posts it seems we didn't come out "fired up". That's all.

Is #5 playing at RB for them? The ESPN box score doesn't list anything for AP yet _ tried looking
 #21781  by dornb
 Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:03 pm
Kennypowers wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:27 pm
BTW— announcers are very weak and didn’t do any research it appears.
Have y'all heard them call us the Palatins? Grrr! Drives me crazy! :x
Bootie liked this
 #21782  by The Jackal
 Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:07 pm
youwouldno wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:42 pm
I'm glad that Jackal et al. were correct about how Furman has no QB problem.
Furman has freshmen QBs and the previous coaching staff didn’t retain any.

What exactly were you expecting this season?
 #21783  by Bootie
To be fair, I don’t think that dude was trying to knee our guy in the face. Yes, he did push him down, wrongly, but was moving on as our guy began to sit up, connecting knee to face. I did not see it as intentional.
 #21784  by youwouldno
 Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:11 pm
The Jackal wrote:
youwouldno wrote:

I was just going off your many comments that we were fine at QB, that there was no need to hunt for a more experienced transfer QB, etc. Based off the fact that you and others, including the coaches, said that the team had good QBs, I expected they wouldn't be completely ineffective in the team's most important games.
 #21785  by Paladin91
 Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:12 pm
The Jackal wrote:
youwouldno wrote:

Haha, Jackal also said we had no problem at the WR position with Burnette leaving. Other than Gordon, the cupboard is bare. You look at AP's receivers and they are physical. We're one dimensional at the receiver position. Bell could make a difference, but only plays on special teams.
 #21792  by The Jackal
 Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:30 pm
Paladin91 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:12 pm
The Jackal wrote:
youwouldno wrote:

Haha, Jackal also said we had no problem at the WR position with Burnette leaving. Other than Gordon, the cupboard is bare. You look at AP's receivers and they are physical. We're one dimensional at the receiver position. Bell could make a difference, but only plays on special teams.
You conveniently don’t note that we’ve been without several key contributors most of the season, but why would facts matter?

I thought Burnett was a loss, for the record. We’d be better with him.

Besides, what good does whining about receiver depth when we’ve been missing guys and had a key player transfer? Are we going to solve that problem mid season?
Last edited by The Jackal on Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hypercycloid liked this