• The 2020 Season

#29821  by bj93
 Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:54 am
I wouldn't unpack my bags if I were them.
 #29825  by Furmanoid
 Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:39 am
I wonder if they test them when they get there or ask them to get tested in advance (which would make more sense). It would be interesting to know how many positives we start with. They should be able to keep them relatively safe until mid August. Then it will be next man up at every position week to week. If we play it could get really interesting kinda like rec league when half your team doesn’t show up because of a birthday party.
 #29826  by The Jackal
 Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:44 am
Roundball wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:30 am
The clock is ticking. Everyday, the news is bad on having any football this fall. The ACC canceling it virtual media days is another bad sign. I put the odds of football in September at 10% and odds of playing any football this year at 25%. At this point, I am not counting on being at Paladin Stadium. However, one glimmer of hope is the fact that schools are spending money to get the players back on campus. I am holding on to the thought of a great year of basketball.

What day are our players scheduled to report?
Just let it play out. There's no sense in worrying about something that we have little control over.

Many on this forum fall apart if we run a 5 yard hitch route on a 3rd and 6. I'm not sure how they are going to do with canceling football.
FUBeAR liked this
 #29828  by FUBeAR
 Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:18 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:44 am
Roundball wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:30 am
The clock is ticking. Everyday, the news is bad on having any football this fall. The ACC canceling it virtual media days is another bad sign. I put the odds of football in September at 10% and odds of playing any football this year at 25%. At this point, I am not counting on being at Paladin Stadium. However, one glimmer of hope is the fact that schools are spending money to get the players back on campus. I am holding on to the thought of a great year of basketball.

What day are our players scheduled to report?
Just let it play out. There's no sense in worrying about something that we have little control over.

Many on this forum fall apart if we run a 5 yard hitch route on a 3rd and 6. I'm not sure how they are going to do with canceling football.
#MUFFPFA
 #29829  by fufanatic
 Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:41 pm
At this point I wish that all college football would be moved to the spring for this season only. Maybe we could get a full season schedule with fans in instead of whatever nonsense is going to happen in the fall.
 #29830  by Furmanoid
 Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:56 pm
Has anybody explained why it has to be all Fall or all Spring? Starting in October or November and running into February seems good to me. If we are too freaked out to play by November, we won’t be playing in the Spring. And there definitely wouldn’t be any basketball.
 #29831  by fufanatic
 Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:08 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:56 pm
Has anybody explained why it has to be all Fall or all Spring? Starting in October or November and running into February seems good to me. If we are too freaked out to play by November, we won’t be playing in the Spring. And there definitely wouldn’t be any basketball.
That's an interesting idea. I would be perfectly fine with that, but I can't imagine the Northern schools would be super pumped about games in -10 temps.
 #29832  by Flagman
 Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:10 pm
I'm getting tired of waiting for information. Are we playing football or not? Will fans be allowed? If yes, when will the season begin? Who will we be playing? Full schedule, conference games only? Will fans be able to travel to away games?

I just want some information; from Furman, from the SoCon. What is the thought process being used? What is the timeline for releasing information?
Paladin575, QCGlue liked this
 #29835  by greenvegas
 Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:16 pm
On a trivia side note. Since Trump mistakenly said Lou Saban instead of Nick Saban: Lou Saban coached in Paladin Stadium when we beat Central Florida before they were FBS.
 #29837  by apaladin
 Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:29 pm
Flagman wrote:
I'm getting tired of waiting for information. Are we playing football or not? Will fans be allowed? If yes, when will the season begin? Who will we be playing? Full schedule, conference games only? Will fans be able to travel to away games?

I just want some information; from Furman, from the SoCon. What is the thought process being used? What is the timeline for releasing information?
Doubt very seriously you will hear anything from the SoCon until after the ACC and SEC announce their plans late this month. Of course there is always the chance ED pulls the plug early.
 #29838  by FUBeAR
 Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:30 pm
greenvegas wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:16 pm
On a trivia side note. Since Trump mistakenly said Lou Saban instead of Nick Saban: Lou Saban coached in Paladin Stadium when we beat Central Florida before they were FBS.
What an idiot Trump is. How could he mix up father & son like that? Moron!

I remember Nick was a ball boy for his Dad’s Team in that game @ Paladin Stadium. He often talks about how that game at Furman crystallized the respect he has for FCS Football & that’s the reason why he wants to continue scheduling Alabama to play 1 FCS Team / year.
 #29846  by The Jackal
 Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:13 pm
apaladin wrote:
Flagman wrote:

Doubt very seriously you will hear anything from the SoCon until after the ACC and SEC announce their plans late this month. Of course there is always the chance ED pulls the plug early.
I'm in the camp that thinks we have to wait and see on the SEC and ACC. If they pull the plug on non conference games, then I don't see us playing them either.

I also do not believe President Davis can unilaterally decide Furman is going to sit out a football season. I think these will be conference level decisions.
 #29847  by Roundball
 Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:47 pm
The Jackal wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Flagman wrote:

I'm in the camp that thinks we have to wait and see on the SEC and ACC. If they pull the plug on non conference games, then I don't see us playing them either.

I also do not believe President Davis can unilaterally decide Furman is going to sit out a football season. I think these will be conference level decisions.
If the SEC and ACC pulls the plug on non conference games, the SoCon cannot afford to have a season.

It would be a drastic mistake for President Davis to take it upon herself to keep Furman from playing football. She cannot afford another PR disaster. It has to be a SoCon decision.
 #29850  by apaladin
 Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:03 pm
The Jackal wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Flagman wrote:

She decided we would not have a baseball team and don’t think she consulted the SoCon, so I think she could cancel the FU football season. Apparently she can do whatever she wants to.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.