• ETSU @ #3 Furman Oct. 28th (Homecoming) - New & Improved Thread

#78615  by Dinforlife
 Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:52 pm
Ugly, but a win is a win. From the get go our play calling was very odd today. It very much looked like we were just trying to keep it is basic as possible for a mix and match OL and just beat them with our just being…..better. Not really sure how to articulate that any differently.
bj93, gman84, Victor Greene and 1 others liked this
 #78617  by cavedweller2
 Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:58 pm
“An ugly win beats a pretty loss.” As the radio guys said. I’m sue the Mocs agree. See you next week in the shadow of Look-Out Mtn.
gman84 liked this
 #78623  by cavedweller2
 Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:30 pm
Win out and it ain’t no issue!
bj93, Davemeister, QCGlue liked this
 #78624  by The Jackal
 Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:46 pm
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:27 pm
How does this win and the western loss affect our SOCON championship
Furman leads the SoCon and will be the outright champion if they win out.

I'm pretty sure Furman will be guaranteed at least a share of the SoCon title if they beat UTC. At that point, the worst they could do is 6-2, and that would be the best everyone else could do.
 #78628  by apaladin
 Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:22 pm
Radio guys was wondering why Huff was not running and they checked with the medical peeps and were told nothing is wrong with Huff. To me it looked like we had a very vanilla gameplan with the intent to do as little as poseible to get the win and it almost cost us. Etsu has given up a minimum of 3 tds in every D1 game except FU and WC, one each.
Last edited by apaladin on Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #78629  by purplehorse123
 Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:27 pm
A win is a win is a win. Seems like the offense was flat. Huff was off on a fair number of passes today. Defense played well. Need to have a good week of practice and beat UTC.

3 FG’s today encouraging.

We need to grow into our ranking! Not there yet for sure. Maybe we will peak at the right time.
 #78631  by apaladin
 Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:30 pm
purplehorse123 wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:27 pm
A win is a win is a win. Seems like the offense was flat. Huff was off on a fair number of passes today. Defense played well. Need to have a good week of practice and beat UTC.

3 FG’s today encouraging.

We need to grow into our ranking! Not there yet for sure. Maybe we will peak at the right time.
Yep just when you think this is a really good team they look, well not so good. That’s why they call it football.
 #78632  by gman84
 Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:34 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:22 pm
Radio guys was wondering why Huff was not running and they checked with the medical peeps and were told nothing is wrong with Huff. To me it looked like we had a very vanilla gameplan with the intent to do as little as poseible to get the win and it almost cost us. Etsu has given up a minimum of 3 tds in every D1 game except FU and WC, one each.
Only my opinion, but I think they didn’t want Huff to run. They also definitely wanted to feature Harris.
Bootie liked this
 #78634  by dornb
 Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:38 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:27 pm
crazy things always seem to happen on Halloween weekend!

hey.. attendance was over 11k. Good
Attendance was greater than what was posted. When we got there, the Wi-Fi was down. We waited about 20 minutes, then they just checked my tickets and let us in. There were a lot of people behind us who didn't get counted either.
AstroDin liked this